Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 01:30 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post
2:3 of my friends are married, my brother's married, and hell if they aren't married, they're in talks of being married. So people are asking me when I am going to marry, including a girl from my past.

But thing is, I don't even want to consider marriage right now, or if ever

I enjoy my freedom right now(no offense to anyone married) and I got tons to do(like finish school, pursue a career, and get myself settled somewhere) and well marriage is just not something I am in the boat for.

Guess I had to get that out the way.
If you are a male, yes you can wait. If you are a female, hell no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 02:06 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
never get married but if you must, get your life together first, at 35-40 you can still get a young hot 20 something woman, preferably under 25

its smarter for young woman to go with a much older established man, thats how bascially all cultures operate. Dont let the feminist nonsense and bs projection that they have affect your thinking
It could happen, but he shouldn't count on it. I'm in my 20s and have never been into older men. Not every younger woman is after money and physical attraction counts. So, I hope he'll still consider women in the 35-40 range when he reaches that age.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
sounds like projection right here
No, she speaks the truth. A 40 year old man typically needs to be very handsome or financially sound to land a hot 25 year old. If you aren't all that, you'll end up screaming on the Internet about how you are going to go to China or Russia to find a woman.

Men, women, it seems most of us are delusional about what we can pull.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:16 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
If you are a male, yes you can wait. If you are a female, hell no.
Huh? The sarcasm might have went over my head.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Huh? The sarcasm might have went over my head.
It wasn't sarcastic. If a woman wants to get married and start a family, statistically speaking, 40 is too late. For a man, it isn't. If you don't want to have children, waiting until 35-40 is fine for either sex (but the eligibility pool is shrinking for women at that point, though it's peaking for quality men.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:34 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It wasn't sarcastic. If a woman wants to get married and start a family, statistically speaking, 40 is too late. For a man, it isn't. If you don't want to have children, waiting until 35-40 is fine for either sex (but the eligibility pool is shrinking for women at that point, though it's peaking for quality men.
I agree, 40 is too late (for most at least) if kids are wanted. But, 30's are reasonable and the OP is 23. Most 23 yr old's would benefit from waiting, regardless of gender. I also don't buy that the eligibility pool is peaking for men as they age. According to the US census, the average age difference among married couples is 2-3 years, IIRC. The 40+ yr old men are not marrying spring chickens.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:34 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
I'll be glad to prove you wrong

Seriously, no I am not gay. Just that most of the girls I've pursued weren't worth the time.

And I never said I won't have any gfs before then. Just that past experiences have taught me that I need to be careful on who I want to marry in the future.

But I think I was a bit extreme with how I made this topic lol.
Good grief you are only 23!! Do you know how much living you have to do between 23 and 35?? Why are you even thinking about this? Why are you on a board posting such? Get your ass out there and live your life, have fun, party, travel, study, get your education, job, etc.

You have the rest of your life to get married.........go do something productive like clean your room before you go to the club tonight!

Old 09-05-2010, 04:28 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,897,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It could happen, but he shouldn't count on it. I'm in my 20s and have never been into older men. Not every younger woman is after money and physical attraction counts. So, I hope he'll still consider women in the 35-40 range when he reaches that age.

thats you, ( and I dont buy it) but anyways..... men's options expand as they grow and mature. all women want money some are more upfront about it. its not PC but its the truth

she can fall for a poor man just as easily as rich man,

Ive been both, being rich is better

Im 30, my age limit is 23 for women

Old 09-05-2010, 04:31 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,897,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I agree, 40 is too late (for most at least) if kids are wanted. But, 30's are reasonable and the OP is 23. Most 23 yr old's would benefit from waiting, regardless of gender. I also don't buy that the eligibility pool is peaking for men as they age. According to the US census, the average age difference among married couples is 2-3 years, IIRC. The 40+ yr old men are not marrying spring chickens.

yes some of them are, the best ones are, the worst ones dont a 40 year old can still get the 25-30 crowd

when I was 25 I lost out to man 44 years of age the girl in question was 24.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:38 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Should I make a pledge to not get married until I am 35-40?
If you can last that long, you'll probably be able to go all the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships