Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:14 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

Women who scream at and berate their children. I seem to see a lot of this these days. Cursing at them, even. It's really ugly to witness. (I'm not talking about maybe getting exasperated and barking a little bit, but full-on verbal abuse. I don't have kids, but I've gotta be fair to the mothers here. )
At work, I saw a woman kick her kid in the back of the thigh. He was like 8 or 9..I don't even know why, not that there's a good reason. It was horrible.
At Goodwill, a woman screamed at her kid at the top of her lungs and jerked his arm for grabbing an Elmo stuffed animal and making a couple other ones fall on the floor. I said "jeez, be nice!" that's all I could think of..I wasn't really prepared.. not that it would have mattered to her what I said..she gave me a look and I was surprisedshe didn't do more..but at work, I can't say anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 06:26 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Beat their wives, make those overplayed "she should be in the kitchen" jokes (they're funny at first, and by at first I mean the first two times), be deadbeats/shrug off responsibility for caring for their kid, that's about it really.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
they keep remarrying people that strip them of all assets in the divorce court.
i can forgive the women, but not the men that marry over and over again.. stop giving away your power and i will like you better guys.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:30 PM

380 posts, read 795,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Beat their wives, make those overplayed "she should be in the kitchen" jokes (they're funny at first, and by at first I mean the first two times), be deadbeats/shrug off responsibility for caring for their kid, that's about it really.
My bf makes these jokes all the time. I think their hilarious...but I guess its because while I do all the cooking, he always cleans the dishes...and Id rather be the chef then the dishwasher any day

Old 09-07-2010, 06:37 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,424 times
Anyone who abandons their child whether they are a man or a woman is a disgrace to their gender.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:15 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I was relucatant to contribute here but I do have one or two; nagging and controlling. Some think they have to have control of everything all the time and fight, bicker and nag over the smallest things, things that should and could easily be overlooked because they're just not that important in the grand scheme of things. Toilet seat, toothpaste cap, watching too much sports, and it gets worse.
Exactly, WB

What's the point of this thread? The very title is pretty quixotic. So, if one's so ashamed of one's gender, would he/she consider becoming a transsexual or a cross-over to fix the situation?? LMAO

I personally am not ashamed of the vagaries of the people around me, why would I care? I'd stand up in revolt, act against it, but feeling ashamed? Really??

Spare me the melodrama

Old 09-07-2010, 07:23 PM

19,384 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
At work, I saw a woman kick her kid in the back of the thigh. He was like 8 or 9..I don't even know why, not that there's a good reason. It was horrible.
At Goodwill, a woman screamed at her kid at the top of her lungs and jerked his arm for grabbing an Elmo stuffed animal and making a couple other ones fall on the floor. I said "jeez, be nice!" that's all I could think of..I wasn't really prepared.. not that it would have mattered to her what I said..she gave me a look and I was surprisedshe didn't do more..but at work, I can't say anything
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It's really shocking to see. At least you said something. It's depressing because you know that unless she takes drastic measures for some kind of counseling or something, it's probably always going to be that way for the kid.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:27 PM

311 posts, read 693,867 times
I get pissed at men who ruin it for the rest of us by letting women have all the power in the dating game,so basicly 99% of men.If men en mass would stop approching asking out,stop paying for gifts and food,stop begging for sex(make her ask for sex) we might get to a balance where its not just one genders responsability to do everything to have a sexual relationship.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:40 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I hate that many if not most women

1. Cut each other down. They hate to see another woman succeed.
2. Act like there are things they shouldn't have to do or know how to do because it's not ladylike. That is an artarded philosophy. As a responsible adult, you should know how to do what you need to do to get by. Not call daddy or rely on a man every five seconds. That makes me crazy.
3. Refuse to learn to appreciate and ably use electronics, cars, mechanical devices of any kind.
4. Act like men have all the answers and expect or even demand that they lead so that the women can be absolved of all responsibility.
5. Teach their daughters to defer to men.
6. Teach their sons that women will always be around to clean up after them, take care of them, and take their orders.
7. Go after men for their money instead of making their own.
8. Put up with husbands who are more like extra children than true partners.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:51 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Men who are "players"

and I mean the worst of the worst, hit it and quit it, complete *******s. I'm not saying that I've never been a jerk, but I consider myself a "nice guy" even though there's a stigma attached to it..and I wouldn't ever really feel comfortable chatting a girl up for a couple hours at a bar just so I could get some play.

Sad thing is that I've met a lot of guys like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships