Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:30 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
i can't remember that far back! I am still stuck in toy story 3 type flicks!:d
lmao! :d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 09:30 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, hope your procedure went okay. BTW, with the damp hair when you go to sleep, do you just put towels on your pillow? My hair actually turns out very full the next day when I do this, but just wondering...
Thanks, just the usual routine for those of us who are "of a certain age." No worries, beyond the prep, of course, which is rather unpleasant. But fortunately it's only a once-per-decade event.

As to sleeping on wet hair, I don't bother with a towel on the pillow. My hair is thin, flat, limp, and straight as a pin. Sleeping on it when it's wet makes absolutely no difference in what it looks like dry. And all I ever do to it anyway is scrape it back and tie it up in a bun, so it wouldn't matter one way or the other.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:31 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
It wasn't uncommon for me to take 2 hours getting ready, but my husband knew that and married me anyway.

My hair used to take an hour whether I did it curly or blew it out straight. I've since been able to cut down my hair time to 15 minutes with chemical treatments (cutting it isn't really an option b/c my husband prefers it long), but I have to say, I do miss having the option to style my hair curly. That's the sacrifice I have to make to save time.

My showers can take 20-30 minutes: shaving and/or loofahing (I have long legs ), washing & conditioning the hair (sometimes I use two conditioners) and putting on body lotion.

Makeup can sometimes take an hour if I'm doing full-makeup.

AND I make no apologies.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:32 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
The more I think about it, I think I would get bored standing in front of the mirror for 2 hours a day! There are a million other things I would rather do than stand there!

Old 09-06-2010, 09:34 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
And women wonder why men don't consider them equals. Good grief!!

How long should it take to shower, (maybe shampoo) brush teeth, use toilet, comb hair and put on lipstick?

Old 09-06-2010, 09:43 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
And women wonder why men don't consider them equals. Good grief!!

How long should it take to shower, (maybe shampoo) brush teeth, use toilet, comb hair and put on lipstick?
If you must ask these questions you've been living on a mountain top by yourself way to long. We guys base everything on the 15 minutes we need. Women just have more stuff that needs attention.

Equality has nothing to do with it.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:54 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Thanks, just the usual routine for those of us who are "of a certain age." No worries, beyond the prep, of course, which is rather unpleasant. But fortunately it's only a once-per-decade event.

As to sleeping on wet hair, I don't bother with a towel on the pillow. My hair is thin, flat, limp, and straight as a pin. Sleeping on it when it's wet makes absolutely no difference in what it looks like dry. And all I ever do to it anyway is scrape it back and tie it up in a bun, so it wouldn't matter one way or the other.
Yes, I gotcha, LOL. Again, all the best.

LOL about your hair. That's MY hair! No, my hair is just very fine, and it really does "foof" out when I sleep on it wet. It dries all plumped out and full with nary a hint of a blow dryer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
It wasn't uncommon for me to take 2 hours getting ready, but my husband knew that and married me anyway.

My hair used to take an hour whether I did it curly or blew it out straight. I've since been able to cut down my hair time to 15 minutes with chemical treatments (cutting it isn't really an option b/c my husband prefers it long), but I have to say, I do miss having the option to style my hair curly. That's the sacrifice I have to make to save time.

My showers can take 20-30 minutes: shaving and/or loofahing (I have long legs ), washing & conditioning the hair (sometimes I use two conditioners) and putting on body lotion.

Makeup can sometimes take an hour if I'm doing full-makeup.

AND I make no apologies.
Yes, from what I can remember from your photos, you've had both full (curly?) hair and straight hair. And, LOL, about the shaving/loofahing, that's exactly what I was complaining about previously, by the time you're done, it feels like the "Saturday night bath" or something. Loofah-ing, shaving, exfoliating, shampooing, conditioning, moisturizing, makeup, perfume, dressing, changing PURSES (mrstewart )...

Old 09-06-2010, 10:10 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you must ask these questions you've been living on a mountain top by yourself way to long. We guys base everything on the 15 minutes we need. Women just have more stuff that needs attention.

Equality has nothing to do with it.
Is the woman that uses 2 hours to "get ready" as sensible as the one that only takes a few minutes?

Seriously, I think that one of the reasons that some women have a tough time in the work place, etc. is that some men think the amount of time they spend fixing themselves up, is a good indication as to what they think is important in this life....that is, their looks.

Please note: I said SOME women and SOME men. It really shouldn't take a woman longer to put on makeup as it does for a man to shave.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Women will start spending 15 minutes on their appearance as soon as men start hitting on beautiful personalities!

Old 09-06-2010, 11:42 PM

225 posts, read 643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Women will start spending 15 minutes on their appearance as soon as men start hitting on beautiful personalities!
Isn't that the truth.

My BF just suggested I skip doing my hair and just put it in a ponytail. I can't stand how that makes me look like I just mowed a lawn. Unless I curl it, then put it up - then it's cute and bouncy. Otherwise - bleh.

When I get ready, I also mix in breakfast, feeding the dog (combo mix, plus wash bowls), answer work emails, make bed .... that sort of stuff, so it only seems longer to him. I accomplish more and don't have to waste electricity on drying my hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships