Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2010, 11:59 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
This is precisely why I told him to call her for a second date if they got along fairly well during the first one. I wouldn't be happy if someone dressed like a slob all of the time, but this girl wore sneakers once during the summer and he's treating it as if it's a dealbreaker. If sneakers are a dealbreaker for him, I can't imagine how many other things would be!
Here is the thing, when someone doesnt make a good first impression you are not that excited to go out and do everything you did to get ready the first time. So to prevent me from seeing her a second time and her looking the same and me saying-"you know I'm just going to go home" It's best that I don't even bother with it. I don't want to tell her on the phone-"make sure you don't wear sneakers and look nice"

a grown woman should know those things already

Old 09-19-2010, 11:59 AM

881 posts, read 1,112,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
If you are taking me to Reading Terminal, I'm wearing sneakers. Period. Far better she wear sneakers than flipflop/bathroom wear. Flipflops are NOT appropriate outside the house even with a flower on it.

Sandals are not appropriate after LaborDay.

The only time I will wear socks and shoes is when it is raining or snowing....

Otherwise it is ALLWAYS open toes shoes of some kind..... heels usually, because I am so short I take any chance I get to be taller..... but if my toes aren't cold, I am not covering them with anything.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:02 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
This is precisely why I told him to call her for a second date if they got along fairly well during the first one.
He doesn't want a second date...you wont convince him with any kind of logic.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Here is the thing, when someone doesnt make a good first impression you are not that excited to go out and do everything you did to get ready the first time.
Is this kind of like how if some disrespectful, blase, unenthused person she's never even met doesn't bother to call her for two or three days and when he does, he explains that he drank bad soda and therefore turned off his phone for an entire weekend? I'll be that would make a date WAY less enthused about dressing her best, trying to please the date, etc.

She probably thought of this as a throwaway date but didn't want to be that narrow and wanted to at least allow you the opportunity to talk to her before she made her final decision that you're just not datable material. Therefore she really just didn't try very hard at all to impress you. In the back of her mind she was hoping things didn't work out. You made such a terrible first impression that she couldn't picture even going out on a first date with you, but did so because she was trying -- hard -- to give you the benefit of the doubt.

But subconsciously, she was trying to screw it up so she had an excuse not to have to call you again.

ETA: I have done this, though probably in a milder form. I've found ways to disagree with my date or just make things not fun so that I could end the date because as soon as we actually went out, everything just screamed "ugh, no way."

I'm really sorry to say that. But it shouldn't bother you anyway as you're not planning on dating her again. It has worked out for the best for both of you.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:04 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
he has a foot fettish, and wants a nerdy girl on the inside who dresses femininly.....

Ok, well maybe Raenna was right, lol..... just described me..... I am a full nerd on the inside.... and according to some on here I had dressed OHHHH so revealingly....

I still understand his point though, if it's not there, it's not there! Move on to the next person until it clicks with someone....
He's only had three dates in two years and not for want of trying, which only leads me to the next observation ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
The only time I will wear socks and shoes is when it is raining or snowing....

Otherwise it is ALLWAYS open toes shoes of some kind..... heels usually, because I am so short I take any chance I get to be taller..... but if my toes aren't cold, I am not covering them with anything.
Ta da! We have a match for TVSG!!!!!

Old 09-19-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
If you are taking me to Reading Terminal, I'm wearing sneakers. Period. Far better she wear sneakers than flipflop/bathroom wear. Flipflops are NOT appropriate outside the house even with a flower on it.

Sandals are not appropriate after LaborDay.

Readng Terminal was not part of the plan. We were going to a cafe but for some reason we could not locate it. She suggested Reading Terminal and the Gallery. Those are two places that I would never suggest on a date

Old 09-19-2010, 12:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Readng Terminal was not part of the plan. We were going to a cafe but for some reason we could not locate it. She suggested Reading Terminal and the Gallery. Those are two places that I would never suggest on a date
She suggested them because they were neutral, and completely non-romantic so that you couldn't get ANY ideas, period, or accuse her at some point of leading you on; but she was already out for the day so what the heck, she'd suggest something that you could back out of if you wanted to but that she'd enjoy doing by herself regardless.

This just was not a match...how is it possible you're missing all these clues????

Move on...does it matter? You say you don't like her either.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Misswee, perhaps a little side reading is in order. It NEVER clicks for him. He finds the smallest detail to be upset over. He nearly didn't even go on this date because she answered his call rather than ignoring as he did to her - remember? That was only 23 pages ago. And something similar in every danged thread he has.

She didn't answer between 9 and 9:30. She was getting dressed for our date and didn't hear the phone ring while washing her hair - oh my - that means she will stand him up so he will stand her up before she can do it to him. Egads, she didn't sound excited to hear my voice. She took over 24 hours to respond to my text - (maybe she has to pay for every text so doesn't accept them - like me.) - She wore sneakers. She's too small, too tall, too underemployed, too chatty, too smart, too far away, wants to go somewhere by car, it's raining, it's snowing, my foot hurts, knee out, back bothers me, football game on tv, doesn't like pizza, never had a hoagie, doesn't eat steak sammies, eats her steak subs with mustard, no onions, can't find Rosemont, never heard of the Shurekill...........................

and now, wears sneakers and a ponytail - which, btw, ponytails are the new "in" casual hairstyle - just ask David Evangelista "They're quickly becoming the "it" style for the hottest celebrities and fashionistas, and they're clearly not just for "bad hair days" anymore."Hot Hair Look: Ponytails - The Early Show - CBS News

"a favorite of celebrities such as Charlize Theron, who wore it to the SAG awards....
Beyonce Knowles, who wore the wavy pony to the "Pink Panther" premiere, and
Katherine Heigl, who sported it at the SAG awards, get a truly romantic look ...."

but no ponytails for the fashion expert, Solomon.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:15 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
He's only had three dates in two years and not for want of trying, which only leads me to the next observation ...

Ta da! We have a match for TVSG!!!!!
You beat me to it

I mean seriously, what is he going to do now that Craigslist got rid of it's "adult services" section

Old 09-19-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
You beat me to it

I mean seriously, what is he going to do now that Craigslist got rid of it's "adult services" section
I never posted on the adult service, YUCK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships