Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times

Advertisements

All day every day. Every relationship. I prefer it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 02:32 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,016 times
Well applying certain attributes to gender is still going on.

But seriously like some else asked what does being the "man" in the relationship entail?

Old 11-30-2012, 03:07 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallin View Post
Not trying to sound sexist or place anyone into specific gender roles but...
In my relationship I am the football nut, I tend to be a little insensitive, I'm not super affectionate, I hate sappy nicknames, I say I love you but apparently not enough, Im not really family oriented, dont want to get married or have kids...you get the idea...

while my bf
is super affectionate, says "I love you" constantly, makes up (horrible) nicknames, is a little emotional (can cry pretty easily), wants to get married (talks about it often), sends me sappy texts all day long (many of which I choose to ignore)....

not trying to sound like a b***h just seems like we have a little reversal going on
I am similar to the things you said....maybe he's putting on an act, if not this is just a complete mismatch of personalities -- do you two even know each other? Doesn't sound like it. He is talking about marriage and kids and you don't want that, so why waste time on each other?

Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,224 times
why do we even have these stupid, god damn retarded rules, roles as to what does what and who does what in the relationship? you will always hear more about what the "Man" has to do in a relationship way more than what a "Woman" has to do in a relationship, geeze, just really pisses me off, fills my heart and mind with complete anger and hate

Old 12-08-2012, 04:18 PM

**** balls, **** masculinity, i'd rather just punch somebodie's lights out to prove that i have balls, because that is where testosterone is produced and that is associated with aggressiveness, so i would be using my balls for a logical reason, hate, despise, loathe on how life, society, culture, the media, expect us guys to be strong, brave, independent, toughen it up all the damn time

Old 12-14-2012, 10:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,407 times
I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like my husband is kind of acting like "*****". (Not to offend anyone) but he freaks out over things that I would expect a woman to freak out over and I'm like oh well life goes on but he has to dwell on these petty stupid things. He'll ruin a whole day over something that's really not a big deal to me

Old 12-15-2012, 12:36 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times
My first serious relationship was like that.

My Dad was very hen pecked and my first partner was so passive he drove me absolutely insane.

All I wanted was a big strong man and all I got was a big soft baby...needless to say, I ended it.

Ever since I go for real men. I have a strong personality and I prefer the same. I need someone who is strong enough to drag me back down to earth when I go off on one of my tangents, and to prop me up when I'm feeling like a girl.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerelysweet6 View Post
I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like my husband is kind of acting like "*****". (Not to offend anyone) but he freaks out over things that I would expect a woman to freak out over and I'm like oh well life goes on but he has to dwell on these petty stupid things. He'll ruin a whole day over something that's really not a big deal to me
well the part i hate, despise, loathe about having to be the "Man" is having to lead all the damn time, other things like you are implying doesn't really matter as much

Old 12-19-2012, 02:42 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Maybe it's because you act like the man in your relationships.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
I dont get why so many people are such slaves to this gender role thing as if all men have to have the same personality traits and all women have to act the same way..

Stop putting people in boxes[not literal ones of course]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships