Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 03:52 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
In that vein, I say a hilarious bumper sticker on a motorcycle last week...
"9 out of 10 women are battered, but I prefer to eat mine plain"

I know, I know, but it made me laugh and I couldn't help it
That's bc you have a sense of humor.

It's never ok to yell out of anger or frustration.
You can yell at a football game, cheering...you can yell when you win the lottery...you can yell when you see someone about to get hit by a truck...you can yell across the house (or just buy an intercom, people) to call your kids...you can yell across the yard to get your dog's attention...

But yelling in anger or frustration is basically you turning back into a 3 year old who hasn't gotten his way. It's immature, it makes you look ridiculous, it kills your credibility, it's disrespectful, and it undermines any attempt at conversation.

I wouldn't date anyone who yelled at me. Or called me a name. Or ever made it a habit to be anything but polite or respectful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 04:43 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
1. When a car is coming.

2. When she has turned off her hearing aid because she's sick of listening to your nonsense.

3. I'm Italian. Not only do we yell, we throw shoes. DUCK!

All in good fun.
Excellent post!

Old 09-10-2010, 04:50 PM

73 posts, read 208,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
skip2000, could you provide a specific example?
Here is an example. My date recently crashed his car and was looking to buy a new one. I found one that sounded like a perfect match for him and left him a voicemail. I guess he got excited about the idea. Only those deals wont be approved unless the buyer is related to someone that works for the car company. My date claimed he had mentioned this to me before, I do not remember... I do have a friend working at that company, but he is not a relative. So when my date contacted me and found out I only have a friend there, not a relative, he got upset, claiming I do not listen to him. It is a "stupid thing", he would never make, he said. I agree with this and understand his frustration, but even so I dont understand the point of raising one's voice, yelling etc... Wasnt I just trying to help? It is not like he took a trip to the dealer and found out! Or am I being over sensitive here?
I dont know what to think. I have never dealt with anyone like that before.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
have b
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2000 View Post
Here is an example. My date recently crashed his car and was looking to buy a new one. I found one that sounded like a perfect match for him and left him a voicemail. I guess he got excited about the idea. Only those deals wont be approved unless the buyer is related to someone that works for the car company. My date claimed he had mentioned this to me before, I do not remember... I do have a friend working at that company, but he is not a relative. So when my date contacted me and found out I only have a friend there, not a relative, he got upset, claiming I do not listen to him. It is a "stupid thing", he would never make, he said. I agree with this and understand his frustration, but even so I dont understand the point of raising one's voice, yelling etc... Wasnt I just trying to help? It is not like he took a trip to the dealer and found out! Or am I being over sensitive here?
Sounds like you're dating a child. For his sake, I hope you have patience.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:00 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2000 View Post
He's only your date and he's yelling at you like this?

That does not bode well for your future. I would be careful that his yelling doesn't turn into something physical. It's not a good sign that he's acting like this.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
It's only okay to yell when somebody is nearly deaf.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Wow, nobody ever raises his/her voice! Only on CD!

Old 09-10-2010, 07:10 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
no!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow, nobody ever raises his/her voice! Only on CD!
I was actually just about to post asking if people think to raise one's voice is the same as yelling. I think during an argument it's natural to raise your voice when the other person is being thicker than the walls they use to build nuclear power plants (they can withstand a direct hit from a plane and not even budge). Whereas I see yelling as this:

(warning, super offensive language)

YouTube - Kramer, aka Michael Richards, goes on a racist rant

Which is indeed immature and possibly a sign of deeper anger issues if it happens regularly and for no reason.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I was actually just about to post asking if people think to raise one's voice is the same as yelling. I think during an argument it's natural to raise your voice when the other person is being thicker than the walls they use to build nuclear power plants (they can withstand a direct hit from a plane and not even budge). Whereas I see yelling as this:
You're right, there IS a difference. I certainly didn't mean anything like this example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships