Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:31 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Not all marriages end because one or both partners just couldn't stand one another anymore. Might be you just married too young, or you just weren't ready for marriage. The reasons are plentiful other than just wanting to kill one another.

If the opportunity arose for you to remarry your ex, would you? Or one of your exes.
Actually, yes, I would (but I will not). We got married way too young and didn't handle things the way we were supposed to. He appears to have matured a lot since we parted ways and so have I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 10:18 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
My ex husband? Not a chance in hell. There is only one ex b/f I would have ever married and we never could get our lives on the same track so it would be a mute point. In hindsight though, no, I don't imagine marrying that ex b/f would have been a successful relationship.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:20 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Ew.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:23 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
My ex wife? No way. Never! No chance. Negative. Hell NO! #### no. Are you stupid?

Old 09-13-2010, 10:49 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
I know two previously divorced couples who remarried and have stayed together for more than 25 years the second time around. Both couples seem to be happy.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:55 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Not all marriages end because one or both partners just couldn't stand one another anymore. Might be you just married too young, or you just weren't ready for marriage. The reasons are plentiful other than just wanting to kill one another.

If the opportunity arose for you to remarry your ex, would you? Or one of your exes.

LOL.. that is too funny....my ex wont marry his gf now all because what I did to him...Like it was her fault...I dont think he should take it out on her for what I did.
I asked him for a divorce in 1996 was no longer inlove with him..
but marry an of my ex's that just cracks me up

Old 09-13-2010, 12:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
We toyed with this idea for too long - during separation and after divorce (on and off - good 3 1/2 years). I think and sure hope the decision made less than a year ago is finally final! Yeah, I believe it is.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:46 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
My ex wife? No way. Never! No chance. Negative. Hell NO! #### no. Are you stupid?
So, what you're saying is, the answer is no?

Old 09-13-2010, 12:49 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
no, we have nothing in common...however, if you offer me Pierce Brosnan, I might consider?

Seriously, they say you can never go back, however, I do believe people change with age and it works for some...

Old 09-13-2010, 12:53 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:

Heck no!!! And I wouldn't want to date any of my ex-boyfriends again either.

I'm a different person now. I've grown a lot personally and have new interests... and they never changed. One of my exes still doesn't know how to drive a car, and I dated him about 25 years ago.

Needless to say, the main reason I broke up with all of my exes is that they weren't intellectual enough for me. They didn't have an inquiring mind about life, and eventually they bored me to death. But they were basically good guys and they never did anything bad like cheat on me. I fell out of love with them because they were the same person I first met. Once I learned everything there was to know about them, that was it and there wasn't anything interesting to learn about them after that, so the excitement in our relationship was all gone. Meanwhile, I was constantly finding new hobbies and interests to learn about. And no way was I going to be the only passionate about life person in the relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships