Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 08:53 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
No it doesn't. The OP is concerned for his children.

Well apparently hes not concerned for his children.He avoids her
He is more concerned with her
So it should be in the relationship posts, since he is asking advice about his wife, not his kids..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 09:41 AM

2,059 posts, read 5,746,678 times
I'm sorry but if you don't think women hit kids then you are delusional. If anything, the fact that she is at home with them all day, with the fact that she is home all day with them appearing to be the catalyst, should be even more of a red flag.

And I do actually have plenty of experience with domestic violence. Particularly with those who stayed longer than they should because they thought their love would fix it all.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:14 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
From the OP's words....HE asked for advice and has not been back.
HE is concerned. HE does not want his children to emulate her behavior.
Just because he hasn't been back doesn't mean that he's not here. He has talked with me privately via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Well apparently hes not concerned for his children.He avoids her
He is more concerned with her
So it should be in the relationship posts, since he is asking advice about his wife, not his kids..
He is concerned about the effects of this on his children and their being raised by a woman who is setting such a bad example.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:07 PM

164 posts, read 501,944 times
Thanks everyone for sharing. Sometimes it is hard to know what the "norm" is when you are stuck in a situation. From your responses, I have confirmed my belief that her behavior is not "normal" and should not be tolerated. I am considering a variety of options presented on this board and I am well aware of the risks involved with violence to the children.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
I wish you the best as you find the best solutions for you and your family!

Old 09-17-2010, 07:41 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northlakemetro View Post
Thanks everyone for sharing. Sometimes it is hard to know what the "norm" is when you are stuck in a situation. From your responses, I have confirmed my belief that her behavior is not "normal" and should not be tolerated. I am considering a variety of options presented on this board and I am well aware of the risks involved with violence to the children.
Good to know you are still reading the thread

I know you are in a difficult situation, but remember, your kid's futures are depending on you to do the right thing now.

This behavior cannot be tolerated and you must do what you have to end it. Best of luck.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:51 PM

139 posts, read 25,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northlakemetro View Post
Thanks everyone for sharing. Sometimes it is hard to know what the "norm" is when you are stuck in a situation.
I can completely empathize with you not always knowing what the "norm" is when you are in a certain situation unique to you and your family. And what's "normal" for you, may not be another person's idea of "normal for them. I truly wish you and your family the best, and hope your wife gets the help she needs.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:55 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,158,957 times
Make her seek counseling. If she doesn't, I'd explore other options.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:26 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
I had severe anger issues that started with pregnancy and since I was pregnant twice with 9 months in between, it was a hell of time until my youngest got 8 months old and I was finally diagnosed with a thyroid disorder.

Thyroid imbalance made me a monster - not depression, not PPD, not being a stay at home mom. I remember the swelling anger that I couldn't stop even if I understood it was not normal. A therapist or "let's have a talk" wouldn't help me, since it was hormonal imbalance. And it's so hidden, a person looks normal, so her instability *must* be a character flaw, -but it wasn't.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:50 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I had severe anger issues that started with pregnancy and since I was pregnant twice with 9 months in between, it was a hell of time until my youngest got 8 months old and I was finally diagnosed with a thyroid disorder.

Thyroid imbalance made me a monster - not depression, not PPD, not being a stay at home mom. I remember the swelling anger that I couldn't stop even if I understood it was not normal. A therapist or "let's have a talk" wouldn't help me, since it was hormonal imbalance. And it's so hidden, a person looks normal, so her instability *must* be a character flaw, -but it wasn't.
That's a good point. It could be a physical illness.

You should send the OP a private message with this information.

He might not be checking this thread anymore, but your story is important for him to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships