Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:40 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,413,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I've been married now 27 years and would'nt change a thing but I know I only ended up with her because she pursued me, I was on my way to California with or with out her and if she did'nt ask to come along it would never have ended up the way it did. Looking back on things I dated alot but relationships ended for no special reason, i'm assuming because we were alike in that respect.
I have no interest in chasing after men. I want an alpha male, and to find one, I have to let him catch me....

Greenie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 09:41 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,083,940 times
If you settle for someone who doesn't even WANT you, isn't it doomed from the start?

Old 10-11-2007, 11:41 AM

320 posts, read 955,449 times
all i know is that i want the guys to come after me because that's my standard...i know its 2007 , but i still hold onto my beliefs. i like the old fashioned way. and well if the guys are not getting the hints then he is just not that into you. and guys if you really really like a girl....make sure you give her clear hints. or actually tell her to her face that you like her.....no more stupid games ...girls need to stop playing with the guys emotions and girls need to do the same thing. I hate it when things are not clear....so guys do your selves a favor if you truely like her tell her to her face. yes you might get rejected but at least you tried.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:46 AM

28,976 posts, read 30,354,636 times
never chased, never thought about it....there were men I cared for, but never stepped up to bat...yanno?

I just didn't like being the chase er......

Old 10-12-2007, 03:56 PM

859 posts, read 3,325,045 times
A lot of times guys chase me, but if I really like a guy, I have asked them out or dropped hints.

I like guys to still do old fashion things, but if I really like someone I will take the risk and put myself out there. Some people are shy and might need me to take that first jump.

It's better to be rejected then to live your life saying "what if".

Old 10-28-2007, 09:10 AM

27,389 posts, read 27,435,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I am female, but I am assuming it applies to both male or female right?

For me, I like being pursued because some guys seem to appreciate you more if they have to work for it. I've never been one to chase.

There are many versions of being 'pursued' and 'obcessed over'. Being pursued or pursuing is okay to a reasonable extent, but if I tried chasing a guy and he made it clear he didnt want anything more than friends, I would have to understand and leave it at that. Sometiomes friends get a long better than they would in a relationship. I would have to be pretty desperate if I were to continue 'chasing' after him even after he made it clear his position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships