Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:08 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,878,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
That is true. For some reason women are more religious than men... I am not sure why that is
Perhaps more women call themselves Christian...but are little in the way of being spirtual?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
This forum has no shortage of bitter men who like to go on and on about how women only like bad boys, how they don't appreciate nice guys, and how marriage is a failed institution. It gets old. Maybe that's why a lot of women over 30 are single. Cause they keep running into men who are bitter.
Afraid that goes two ways. Many women out there are as equally bitter. Only thing to do is not to give up. Don't they say a girl has to kiss a lot of frogs until she finds her Prince?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
If these women are as great and accomplished as you say, they are probably just pricing themselves out of the market.

For example, I'm sure they are not considering your Lowes store clerk, truckdriver, construction worker or even school teacher. These guys would be way too low on the socioeconomic scale. A lot of eligible men over a certain age fall into these work categories.

They likely want successful high earners in their own age group. The men they want though are probably already married or dating 25 year old aerobics instructors. Personally, I'm not going to shed too many tears over well-to-do attractive professionals who can't find a partner.
Agree. Thing is men on top of the pecking order usually have a wide choice so the woman will need to be on the top of her game to snare of of those type of gents.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:27 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,891,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
"Pick the right person" means finding the man who has the most money/prestige, that's it. Character, integrity, honesty and other characteristics come dead last, if not at all. I'm sure this has something to do with the high divorce rate.

Yea, I agree. Many of these women are in church. They REALLY believe that "god" will SEND them the right man. Sadly, my mom is one of these women, she has been waiting for a man to be sent by "god" for the past 20 years!

Or height, Im 5'8.5 and 5'10 in boots when I go out .but thats not good enough for some of them( not all the time but I have had this numerous times and these women are like 5'2 and Im still not tall enough). so they go out with a violent guy ,the bar starr, the moron etc, and then think types like myself soon to be MBA professionals with no debt and swanky condo paid off are going to come around and pay their bills later in life when they are used and spent, but a whole cast of other dudes

I'd rather be single, or go for something younger

I had one ex Gf that told me she wants to find "perfection", this was 5 years ago, she's still single to this day not gettiing any younger while my income and status is rising

Old 09-19-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I think people, men and women, need to be realistic about what's out there. As a guy in my 30s, I know I'm more likely to meet women who are divorced and/or have kids now than I would've in my 20s. I can hold out for the 30something woman who's never been married and doesn't have any kids, but I could be waiting a long time. What's also true is that other guys are probably looking for these same women. It's the same for women who hold out for their ideal.

Whether women gripe as well is irrelevant. This thread is about women not finding men. Therefore the mindset of the men they meet becomes an issue.
Indeed.Afraid over a certain age the possibility of meeting someone without the added baggage becomes more remote.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:33 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,675,718 times
Quote:
"Pick the right person" means finding the man who has the most money/prestige, that's it. Character, integrity, honesty and other characteristics come dead last, if not at all. I'm sure this has something to do with the high divorce rate.
The problem is, "cali", that the people who have money and prestige are many, while people who have character, integrity, honesty and "other characteristics" are very few. And to complicate matters, great numbers of men believe they have character, integrity, honesty and "other characteristics", while in reality, they don't have any of those things. That has something to do with the high divorce rate. Though not as much to do as our greatly increased life expectancy, but hey, I understand accuracy is boring to most people.

Quote:
I think one of the reasons for that is that a man can have sex with many women but not fall in love with any of them, but for a woman, so I have been told, it's different, in that, a woman will form a bond/emotional attachment for a guy that did a good job of screwing her brains out. I have seen this in action where guys call up x lovers while she's with her new man and she comes crawling back to her x just for some good sex.
That shows a great deal of naivete on your part with respect to women, sex, love and emotional attachments. First of all, a "bond" or an "emotional attachment" aren't tantamount to love. Just because a woman likes you (yikes!) doesn't mean she wants to drop everything, marry you and have your children. There are many degrees of emotional attachment, and it's not simply a choice between meaningless and mechanical sex on the one hand and full-blown love on the other. Keep that in mind; it will help you to understand your own feelings better and to avoid blunders. Second, despite all the huffing and puffing, men -- unless they are stoned or drunk during -- do get emotional about their sex partners, at least as far as I could observe. The nature of that emotional bond can vary, and sometimes it's something as simple as jealousy and possessiveness, but men do care most of the time (even if they adamantly refuse to admit it). All that said, neither gender is "naturally" predisposed to fall in love because of good sex.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:41 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,207,853 times
Quote:
if i was going to sign up to be a husband/father i don't want to sign up with a woman who's been with a lot of different men prior to me.
Why?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
In today's economic world, the number of people who have serious money (a few million dollars isn't even what it used to be) and prestige is rather small.
Millionaires aren't the only ones who get married.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:25 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,891,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
The problem is, "cali", that the people who have money and prestige are many, while people who have character, integrity, honesty and "other characteristics" are very few. And to complicate matters, great numbers of men believe they have character, integrity, honesty and "other characteristics", while in reality, they don't have any of those things. That has something to do with the high divorce rate. Though not as much to do as our greatly increased life expectancy, but hey, I understand accuracy is boring to most people.

That shows a great deal of naivete on your part with respect to women, sex, love and emotional attachments. First of all, a "bond" or an "emotional attachment" aren't tantamount to love. Just because a woman likes you (yikes!) doesn't mean she wants to drop everything, marry you and have your children. There are many degrees of emotional attachment, and it's not simply a choice between meaningless and mechanical sex on the one hand and full-blown love on the other. Keep that in mind; it will help you to understand your own feelings better and to avoid blunders. Second, despite all the huffing and puffing, men -- unless they are stoned or drunk during -- do get emotional about their sex partners, at least as far as I could observe. The nature of that emotional bond can vary, and sometimes it's something as simple as jealousy and possessiveness, but men do care most of the time (even if they adamantly refuse to admit it). All that said, neither gender is "naturally" predisposed to fall in love because of good sex.

the divorce rate is 2/3 female initiated

Old 09-20-2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
the divorce rate is 2/3 female initiated
We have a thread by a man who wants to divorce his wife and also wants her to be the one to file the papers. This kind of hypocrisy is not at all unusual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.