Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 02:37 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
My "straw man arguments are wearing thin"...? Do you even pay attention to the things YOU'RE saying, let alone anyone else?

"straw man" -- you're the one who posted a pic of Sean Connery with a fellow actress by his side with the line (I may paraphrase) "old boy looks to be doing pretty well for himself". You are actually aware that they were together in a movie -- a MOVIE, as in FICTION -- together when that photo was taken, right?

My stuff is "straw man" and yet you quote movies and fictitious characters as support, as proof of your "arguments" (Hitch, and bitsfrom The Fast and the Furious), you provide pictures of not merely dominant males but the BEST LOOKING dominant males you can find as support for the argument that women across the board respond ONLY to power and beauty in the forms of status, wealth and looks, you seem to be under the misguided impression that when I suggest there's more to a relationship than just looks I'm getting all weepy and saying that sharing chores and braiding her hair while I listen to her tell me about her day...

I'm sorry I bothered you at all. It's clear to me that you have some pretty serious problems and some pretty misanthropic notions about people in general and women especially. Coming from me, that's saying something.

Carry on...
This posts sums up my views as well. I'll +1 it, save myself the time, and get back to the Halloween decor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 02:45 PM

50 posts, read 74,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Well it seems that the argument right now is whether women are attracted to men based on looks, status or both. Or men with 'game' which I honestly lack because I don't have that type of personality nor have I ever been taught in psychological manipulation.
Man u need to first of all get your confidence and game up. if u think liek that then no female gonna want to b with u period. if u actin and looking weak, and then a taller stronger dude with more game come on the scene, then that chick is gonna go for that stronger dude. i don't mean to sound bad but that's truth slim

Old 10-02-2010, 05:33 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Life2 View Post
Dude, u might be the worse one up on here. if u a female, u can slide but if u a man then u r a beta male for real. the alpha male gets all the chicks and the beta male gets told what to do by the alpha male. from what u say on here u are a beta male

nice guys finish last, plain and simlpe. if u come at a female like you nice and sweet she ain't gonna respect that slim. she gonna see u as weak erry time. u gotta act like u don't need no chicks man. u gotta carry it like u got a rack of broads and she gotta fight to be wit you and you aint got no time for her

damn near all chicks act this way. aint no such things as good girls and bad girls theirs just girls and all of dem respect strentgh, not weak boys

so hurricane, man, i say u need to work on your game. holla at some more chicks. the dude's who get da chicks ain't scared. it ain't even about how u look for real cuz i knoe mad dudes from around the way dat pull fine chicks but they game is tight and dey stay stackin that paper. at the end, chicks want a nucca with tight game who know how to get what he want.

Das chill, yo, i feelin' wat u b sayin' an i wantz 2 thank u fo realz, yo, proovin mah point fo me, wit cho qua-li-tee assessment da kines a peeps ol Hurricane needz ta be rollin wit an heedin.

Yo. Murda capital roolz, an i's cleerly bin skoold.

Take heed, Hurricane, and raise the mental question:

You want to be something in life, or you want to get all down wit ya bad se'f be like dese homey-homes? Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Peace. Out.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:12 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Life2 View Post
y'all are funny

errybody knows that men want fine beautiful women.

errybody knows girls want the dude that's "the man" it's like back in the caveman days when all the females was on the dude with the biggest fred flinstone club.

banjan, usually u say some rediculous ish but u actually on point right here

the dudes on here complainin know good and well girls like dudes with powe rna money; but y'all just mad cuz y'all ain't got none lol. a bougie chick want a strong powerful bougie man. a hood chick want a strong powerful hood n*gga. its that simple for real.

for y'all dudes actin' like females on here, you need to step your game up. stop actin' scurred and talk to these youngins. ain't no fine chick gettin' with no scared, punk ass busta.

and for da ladies talkin about u want a man to want you for dis and dat, yall can't handle the truth lol even though u know what the truth is. the truth is dudes want chicks who are sexy and don't care about your house, job or car at all ROFL!!!
Spot on.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:17 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I'm not single and glad for that, matter of fact.

But, I gotta say, if I was, I'd get all nutty and just start talking to women. I've always been afraid of rejection. F that shyt, gotta break some eggs to make an omelette right.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:08 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I wish I could have repped you (Urban) for that post.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!
Me too. It was a brilliant post.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:53 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
My "straw man arguments are wearing thin"...? Do you even pay attention to the things YOU'RE saying, let alone anyone else?

"straw man" -- you're the one who posted a pic of Sean Connery with a fellow actress by his side with the line (I may paraphrase) "old boy looks to be doing pretty well for himself". You are actually aware that they were together in a movie -- a MOVIE, as in FICTION -- together when that photo was taken, right?
I will concede one error. Catherine Zeta-Jones dated and married Michael Douglas, not Sean Connery. Nonetheless, Michael Douglas was 25 years older than Zeta-Jones and well past his physical attractiveness peak when they married. This is direct evidence against the argument that a man's options decrease just as a woman's do once they hit old age. Your predictable counterargument of "Oh, that's only because he's a powerful celebrity" does not refute my point. We can flip it around and take Liz Taylor, Raquel Welsh or any other former sex symbol and see that Michael Douglas' options are much better than theirs. And this is because a man's looks don't matter as much as a woman's. Clearly, there are young women who would not mind giving the business to Richard Gere or Michael Douglas, two men who are in their sixties. Find one woman in her sixties that young boys want to boff (or marry, since men presumably want to boff the women they marry). There are none. Men stopped taping Raquel Welsh, and even Pam Anderson, to their walls once the wrinkles and crows feet started settling in.

Quote:
My stuff is "straw man" and yet you quote movies and fictitious characters as support, as proof of your "arguments" (Hitch, and bitsfrom The Fast and the Furious), you provide pictures of not merely dominant males but the BEST LOOKING dominant males you can find as support for the argument that women across the board respond ONLY to power and beauty in the forms of status, wealth and looks, you seem to be under the misguided impression that when I suggest there's more to a relationship than just looks I'm getting all weepy and saying that sharing chores and braiding her hair while I listen to her tell me about her day...

I'm sorry I bothered you at all. It's clear to me that you have some pretty serious problems and some pretty misanthropic notions about people in general and women especially. Coming from me, that's saying something.

Carry on...
Do you consider Lil' Wayne to be one of the "best looking men" out there? Do you think that the lead actress from the movie "Precious" could land a man of equal attractiveness to Lauren London?

Clearly, you're not hearing me at all. I never said that looks, wealth, and power are the only things that matter in a relationship. I said that those are things that attract women. You would agree that people tend to marry people that they are attracted to, right? And that most people do get married because they are in fact attracted to the other person's beauty, fame, money, status, etc? Everybody wants sincerity, honesty, and supportiveness, but nobody wants those things from a troll. You're confusing two things: attraction and relationship. And at the same time, you're disregarding the fact that the former is a precondition of the latter.

Sorry if this makes you feel bad. You're a winner to me!

Last edited by BajanYankee; 10-03-2010 at 08:48 AM..

Old 10-03-2010, 08:17 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Bumping this back out there for BajanYankee, along with a couple of quotes by Roissy on the Spearhead.

Everything She Does Is Cute

The latter, especially, leads me to believe what I stated earlier, that PUAs are not worthy men under that practiced charm. Under that charm is a man who regards me as an "adorable brat." Not an equal. Not even a respectable subordinate. Roissy encourages men to practice treating women this way so that they eventually will "truly believe the charmingly jerkoff things they say to women." No, I do not want to date a man like that.
Well then, your options are very simple, Julia. If you're still in the dating game, be direct and ask the man if he has ever consulted any PUA material. If he has, chuck him. It's that simple.

Don't expect me to defend every statement Roissy has ever typed. I'm not him. Besides, I simply said that there is a great deal of truth in many of his posts. The fact that it might make you feel bad does not negate the truth. The world is not a place full of smiles and rainbows. There are Wall Street bankers who are more concerned about keeping their yacht than about the working man keeping a job. There are also women who are extremely attracted to male strength and power, and unfortunately, that male power does not always take on the form of a nice, reserved schoolboy with a heart of gold who tithes to the church on a regular basis. Sometimes, in fact, often times, the male power takes on the form of a badboy or a player. Both types of men have power that draws in women.

If you have a problem with this, maybe you should have some seminars and see if you can talk young girls out of their attraction to cocky badboys who use game with the fine precision of a cadiothorasic surgeon's scalpel.

Then I'll sit down with a group of young boys and see if I can talk them out of their attraction to girls with firm, perky breasts, silky skin, round backsides, pretty white teeth, big saucer-like eyes, long lustruous hair, and hourglass-shaped figures.

Maybe if we try hard enough...we just might be able to change human nature.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:36 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
A man's options increase as we gets older as does his value.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:32 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Okay so there's this girl in my public health class who's stunning, seriously just gorgeous. I usually sit either a seat away from her or a few seats away, she seems pretty smart judging from what she says in class so that's good too.

But yeah, how the heck do I approach her? I've never been good with a simple "cold call" as it were, especially with women. I can't think of anything besides something stupid like "that was a good lecture huh" which I always imagine her responding with "uh yeah" and the conversation ending there. Either that or just being ignored.

**** me they need to write a manual on life.
If this has been mentioned before, sorry--23 pages of posts are a bit much for me to go through. Heck, maybe this has even been resolved by now.

The next time she says something in class, use that as an icebreaker. "That's a really good point about XYZ."

Introduce yourself, ask what she thinks about the class overall, and go from there. Or, if you bump into her somewhere outside of class, say, "Hey, you're in my public health class." And so on. That's how I met my college sweetheart. We were in a class together and happened to be at the same party.

The key would be to hone in on what you have in common first--the class--and then expand. Later on you can ask her why she's taking the class, etc., and eventually ask her for her number or if she'd like to grab a cup of coffee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships