Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 06:16 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,508,579 times

Advertisements

I read somewhere that some 60% of people cheat on their SO. I dont get it

I am in a relationship and would never cheat on my gf, if I did I would not be able to live with myself

Call me old fashioned but I believe in being faithful to your SO, no matter how tempting another woman (or man) may be. It seems to me as if nobody is honest and faithful anymore, considering so many people cheat and dont seem to have even the slightest qualm about it. Thats what I really dont get, is that if one can cheat, and feel no guilt then they must not truly love their SO so why keep the relationship going?

Does anybody know why 60% of people cheat? Are we that lazy and selfish now in 2010 that a majority isnt faithful anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,157,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

I am in a relationship and would never cheat on my gf, if I did I would not be able to live with myself

Call me old fashioned but I believe in being faithful to your SO, no matter how tempting another woman (or man) may be. It seems to me as if nobody is honest and faithful anymore, considering so many people cheat and dont seem to have even the slightest qualm about it. Thats what I really dont get, is that if one can cheat, and feel no guilt then they must not truly love their SO so why keep the relationship going?

Does anybody know why 60% of people cheat? Are we that lazy and selfish now in 2010 that a majority isnt faithful anymore?
i bolded the answer for you!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:32 PM

51,844 posts, read 52,235,316 times
Quote:
New booty and keep the SO at home.

Probably why most people cheat, I'm sure there are variants though.

I personally wouldn't cheat......

Humanity always seems to let me down. I don't say that out of a disregard for humanity in general.....

Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,575,025 times
There is absolutely "no excuse" to cheat on your spouse, period.
Couples do it all the time because of one reason or another. It happens, and it happens alot.
It even happens to the couples who swear that it will never happen to them.
I think it all boils down to the fact that they are not happy, and content in their marriage. They wonder, and look elsewhere...

Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,256,104 times
I think we all know the answer to this question.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,295,459 times
Quote:

The reality is, there are many different reasons - everybody has a story.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:31 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,640,076 times
People see each other as disposable is really the root of it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships