Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 02:02 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,337,160 times

Advertisements

1. Women do not go out drinking alone with a man towards whom they have no romantic interest or curiosity UNLESS she sees him as a "brother"-type of friend.

A. True
B. False

2. Women do not make themselves available out of nowhere to go out drinking at night alone with a man who calls her spontaneously to ask her if she'd like to catch a drink.

If the woman agrees to such an out-of-the-blue invitation, it is because she has a romantic interest or curiosity in him (the exception being if she sees him as a "brother"-type of friend).

A. True
B. False

3. Once in that situation, after a few drinks, both the man and the woman are buzzed. Nothing inappropriate is said or done. No lewd comments, actions, or looks are given. Both keep their hands to themselves. BUT, at one moment, the man strokes her hair gently a few times and she does not pull away, complain, or resist.

And at other moments, he gently moves away stray, long bangs that have fallen over her face or hair.

This means the woman is interested in him romantically/sexually.

A. True
B. False

4. Sprawling_Homeowner needs a girlfriend.

A. True
B. Pretty much
C. Very true

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 02:07 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,066,529 times
You are a smart guy. I've read a lot of your posts and yes, you need a GF.

What all this means is you have something going on you should explore further. One step at a time. Don't assume anything and just see what happens.

And yes, I will go out for a drink with a man. And they are all classified as friends until it turns out to be something else.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:18 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,745,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
1. Women do not go out drinking alone with a man towards whom they have no romantic interest or curiosity UNLESS she sees him as a "brother"-type of friend.

A. True
B. False
True. Coworkers are also OK in that brother/nothing is ever happening with you kind of way. A celebration after work is acceptable. Anything remotely constituting a date (e.g., it's just the two of us, he buys drinks for me but not coworkers) is rejected.

Also, by "women," I believe you want me to speak about MY beliefs. Of course some women do dumb things, and I can't speak for everybody. "Women" here means "sane women with whom I can relate."

Quote:
2. Women do not make themselves available out of nowhere to go out drinking at night alone with a man who calls her spontaneously to ask her if she'd like to catch a drink.

If the woman agrees to such an out-of-the-blue invitation, it is because she has a romantic interest or curiosity in him (the exception being if she sees him as a "brother"-type of friend).

A. True
B. False
True. An out-of-the-blue invitation is a date in most cases (brother/coworker/zero interest excepted).

Quote:
3. Once in that situation, after a few drinks, both the man and the woman are buzzed. Nothing inappropriate is said or done. No lewd comments, actions, or looks are given. Both keep their hands to themselves. BUT, at one moment, the man strokes her hair gently a few times and she does not pull away, complain, or resist.

And at other moments, he gently moves away stray, long bangs that have fallen over her face or hair.

A. True
B. False
True. Touching her hair is a particularly personal act. An exception might be plucking a spider from her hair after she screams about walking into a web.

Quote:

A. True
B. Pretty much
C. Very true

B.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:25 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,589,192 times
Quote:

A. True
B. False

A. True
B. False

A. True
B. False...that may be the last time she accepts an offer for a drink.

A. True
B. Pretty much
C. Very true
D. Possibly

Old 09-20-2010, 02:29 PM

Virgode, thanks for the "possibly!" I see it as a vote of confidence.

Um... the woman in question... I gently caressed her head on two occasions... she didn't seem to mind to see me again.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:50 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,043,545 times
As much as I don't want to admit it, buying drinks for women or giving them cigarettes in the smoking section is a great way to 'hook up'. However, you have to hang out with all their smoking friends if you ever make it to relationship status.

I'm going to recommend taking some cooking classes. You will meet a more stable type of woman there.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
As much as I don't want to admit it, buying drinks for women or giving them cigarettes in the smoking section is a great way to 'hook up'. However, you have to hang out with all their smoking friends if you ever make it to relationship status.

I'm going to recommend taking some cooking classes. You will meet a more stable type of woman there.
In my state, smoking inside restaurants, bars, and lounges is prohibited by law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships