Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 PM

326 posts, read 837,244 times

Advertisements

Becaue I have delt with nightmares most of my life I have learnt to steer my dreams. I have never directed my dreams into a sexual utopia but I have steered myself OUT and away from nightmares.

I do sometimes have dreams where I am having wonderful sex with wonderful men. They end up with me having an orgasm and waking up to due to the intensity of these wonderful sleep orgasms! yumm!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 11:08 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That is way cool! I love playing around with dreams!

I wanna try that hand thing for sure next time.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:14 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,370 times
When I fly, I kind of use the ground as a runway..... then I go up and slowly come back down, and need to run again to get back up, lol....

I also have a lot of under water dreams..... like the tide comes up, and just keeps going a few blocks up past the beach, but we are still sitting there around the fire, but under water, haha!

Old 09-19-2010, 02:50 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
I have had lucid dreams where I wake up in the middle, fall back asleep, and then continue dreaming while controlling the plot of the dream. I've had entire movies occur with full plots and subplots, which take me an hour to type out after I've woken up. It is inconceivable that dreams should be so long because REM sleep is supposed to occur in short spurts, but for me they can be. For example I've glanced at the clock when I've been woken up and had the same continuous dream running from 6am - 10am. Does anyone else have long dreams?

I often have supernatural powers in my dreams - like shooting electricity or some other forcefield out of my hands. But these maneuvers are heavy like moving through thick gel, so I wake up feeling exhausted. I often have dreams where I am feeling pain. Also, eating a buffet is a favorite type of dream because I can taste and smell everything without ever getting full. I am usually semi-aware that I am dreaming.

The landscapes in my dreams are like paintings (maybe one day I will paint them). I can still remember the ambiance, lighting, and colors. It can be really foggy, dark like an old painting of strange rocks and oceans, colorful (like a field of flowers on a hill with water lapping at the edge of the hill), or a blinding light that I cannot escape. For some reason I have a lot of post-apocalyptic beach dreams, or cosmic event dreams.

Half of the time I'm not even me, and my identity jumps around.

When I fly in dreams it is like swimming, I have to stick my head down and my butt up to start floating. But one time I was having a dream where I could not tell I was dreaming, and I was able to fly like a rocket, up from my bed through the window into the sky and I could see my body laying on the bed.

I hate sleep paralysis. I have found that this happens when I try to fall asleep using some yoga method of concentrating your energies in the forehead (i.e. 3rd eye). I learned this relaxation technique in a college PE class. It makes me sleepy, but I don't know anything about meditation. A couple of times I did this to fall asleep and subsequently as I was trying to wake up I discovered that my body would not move. Instead there was a very strong vibration in my forehead area which grew stronger and more violent, spreading down to my belly and then to my entire body, like I was being electrocuted. It increased in intensity and was extremely painful for at least 30 seconds. That was very scary. In a similar instance I also saw a shadow standing above me but could not move. I hate that stuff. Has anyone else had the vibration phenomenon? I think it could be a hypnopompic hallucination but why does it involve so much physical pain? I thought I was gonna die.

Needless to say I usually have nightmares and had bad insomnia for a long time.

Last edited by miyu; 09-19-2010 at 03:01 AM..

Old 09-19-2010, 06:38 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Um...even when you finish inside her? I've had sex in my sleep.

Other than that, I've had many sexual dreams, and didn't wake up sticky, because I don't have the same "finish" in my dreams as I do in life.
EWWW. Is this pg13

Old 09-19-2010, 06:43 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
^I tried to phrase it as nicely as I could...when I have sex dreams, there is no emission, unless I'm actually having sex in my sleep--which has happened.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Last night I dreamed about I was doing Sarah Palin, when I woke up my pillow was torn to pieces.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:57 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
But one time I was having a dream where I could not tell I was dreaming, and I was able to fly like a rocket, up from my bed through the window into the sky and I could see my body laying on the bed.

I hate sleep paralysis. I have found that this happens when I try to fall asleep using some yoga method of concentrating your energies in the forehead (i.e. 3rd eye). I learned this relaxation technique in a college PE class. It makes me sleepy, but I don't know anything about meditation. A couple of times I did this to fall asleep and subsequently as I was trying to wake up I discovered that my body would not move. Instead there was a very strong vibration in my forehead area which grew stronger and more violent, spreading down to my belly and then to my entire body, like I was being electrocuted. It increased in intensity and was extremely painful for at least 30 seconds. That was very scary. In a similar instance I also saw a shadow standing above me but could not move. I hate that stuff. Has anyone else had the vibration phenomenon? I think it could be a hypnopompic hallucination but why does it involve so much physical pain? I thought I was gonna die.

Needless to say I usually have nightmares and had bad insomnia for a long time.
Wow, you have great dreams but it sounds like they come with a price. In your first paragraph, it sounds like you actually did a bit of astral projection, which is a bit different. I had a similar experience once but have never been able to control it.

I have a very similar experience with sleep paralysis, though no pain, just intense discomfort. I don't like it at all, but usually when that starts, and before I get paralyzed, I can roll over and it will stop. It usually happens when I go to sleep on my back.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post

I have a very similar experience with sleep paralysis, though no pain, just intense discomfort. I don't like it at all, but usually when that starts, and before I get paralyzed, I can roll over and it will stop. It usually happens when I go to sleep on my back.

My husband has experienced the sleep paralysis thing, many times.
He said that he has seen shadows, and doors closing, while he was being held down and could not move.
Its happened to me a few times where I was looking up at the ceiling, and I was paralized. I was trying with all my might to roll over, and couldn`t.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:27 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Last night I dreamed about I was doing Sarah Palin, when I woke up my pillow was torn to pieces.

hahahahaha

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships