Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:25 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times

Advertisements

Any male who is still breathing appreciates the beauty of a good looking woman.
And there is no harm in looking at something or someone that is beautiful.
However, when it comes to making the one he is with uncomfortable by making comments, staring, or comparing, that is taking it too far.
I've been on this planet for almost 64 years. Been with the same woman for 30 years. She knows I still will cast a glance at a pretty woman. It's only natural.
But I ain't in love with that woman. And I don't make any comments.
I'm still in love with the one that other guys used to stare at 30 years ago because she was one of those that had the looks and figure that got other mens attention.
She still looks damn good to me even though neither one of us look like we did 30 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 04:40 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFE13 View Post
I hate this. When I'm with my husband he thinks it is OK to look at other women and make comments to me about them. Like, Oh who's you're Daddy or just a moan. What the hell is up with that? I think it is disrespectful. I don't care what he does when I'm not with him (as far as looking and comments) What should I do or say? I feel Like SH*T. Is there any man out there who can tell me what's going on in your head?
Who's your daddy? Sheesh classy! Ok girl 2 can play at that game! Next time you are out with him eye some guy up like he is a piece of roast beef and say "mmmm Wish i could ride that stallion". I'll bet that will be the last time you have to worry about your husband .

Old 09-19-2010, 06:16 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Take him up on the therapy option. Maybe the nit wit will believe its wrong when someone with a paper on the wall tells him it is.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:22 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
Quote:
I hate this. When I'm with my husband he thinks it is OK to look at other women and make comments to me about them. Like, Oh who's you're Daddy or just a moan. What the hell is up with that? I think it is disrespectful. I don't care what he does when I'm not with him (as far as looking and comments) What should I do or say? I feel Like SH*T. Is there any man out there who can tell me what's going on in your head?
It is disrespectful. My husband never does that to me. He claims he doesn't look at other women. I know he is lying though his teeth. I am sure he looks at other women. He just does it in a way that is not obvious and he never makes comments about them.
I think YOU should start commenting about every attractive man you see when you're with him and see how he likes it.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I always look, as just about any man who isn't dead will do, but I keep my comments to myself most of the time. My wife is more apt to say "hey, honey, what do you think of that pair?" than I am. Everytime I read of a wife complaining about her husband it makes me happy I have the wife I have. If I were you I would just tell my husband that I don't want to hear it, and if he persists, I would do something else. I would do something to embarrass him on the spot, like maybe ask the lady he is oggling if she would like to cook his meals and do his laundry for awhile, so something like that, you probably get the picture.

I will NEVER in a million years understand why any woman would point out another women's breasts to her husband

Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I already did. He thinks I need to go for counceling because as he says he's just looking and I have a problem.
No he's the one who needs to go to therapy NOT YOU. He is the one with the problem.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:33 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
I don't agree with the 'tit for tat' scenario. Two wrongs do not make a right. And you would most likely end up with more problems than you have now.

You have shared with him your thoughts/feelings about his behavior; and he believes you are the one with the problem.

The decision is now up to you how you will handle this issue. You will either accept him as he is; continue to complain; continue to be hurt and miserable; or you may choose divorce.

We can't make the choice for you; this is your life and only you can make the choices.

I feel for you, very much. Yes, his actions/words are completely inappropriate, rude, hurtful, and very immature.

The only person you can change is yourself.

I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I don't agree with the 'tit for tat' scenario. Two wrongs do not make a right. And you would most likely end up with more problems than you have now.

You have shared with him your thoughts/feelings about his behavior; and he believes you are the one with the problem.

The decision is now up to you how you will handle this issue. You will either accept him as he is; continue to complain; continue to be hurt and miserable; or you may choose divorce.

We can't make the choice for you; this is your life and only you can make the choices.

I feel for you, very much. Yes, his actions/words are completely inappropriate, rude, hurtful, and very immature.

The only person you can change is yourself.

I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.

I disagree. He needs to understand what it FEELS like and there is no better way she can teach him this then modeling his own behaviour.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:13 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
I always follow this rule: "You can look but not touch". It works wonders.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:14 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
This is the one time where I can't co-sign this dude's actions. He violated one of the most important rules in Man Law, DO NOT LOOK AT OTHER WOMEN IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR WIFE/GIRLFRIEND. He set himself up for any backlash you may give him. In his mind, he's looking at the menu and not ordering so he doesn't see anything wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships