Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:45 AM

730 posts, read 2,254,523 times

Advertisements

Honestly- when I was a single mother of 2 I figured I would end up only dating men who had children because they were the only ones I was going to find with the maturity factor I wanted & needed. It was easier for them to relate to my lifestyle.
However- I never counted out men without children. I dated several of those as well. In fact-my now husband was a bachelor without any children & we ended up just clicking. At the time we started dating he was a college student-not exactly who you would think a single mom should be dating! Now he is a wonderful dad to his 2 step children & now 5 years later to his own baby.
So it taught me - don't set firm rules or assume anything. If you like someone give them a chance- kids or none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 02:34 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
I would prefer to choose the man that is going to love me and treat me good, and love my son and treat him good as well. Whether or not he has kids, doesn't matter to me.
This is exactly how I feel. As long as he's mature enough to understand that my son is my number one priority in life.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:01 PM

982 posts, read 3,487,163 times
I have older kids, so I want the same from the men I date.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:06 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
After reading something in another thread I got curious.

For you single moms or single dads out there, would you prefer dating other single parents or would you rather date someone that does not have their own children?
I have always preferred to date a man with children, as I feel that having kids makes someone more understanding of what being a parent is about. Of course, the man I am now with, has no children and never wanted any. Just goes to show you...anything is possible.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have always preferred to date a man with children, as I feel that having kids makes someone more understanding of what being a parent is about. Of course, the man I am now with, has no children and never wanted any. Just goes to show you...anything is possible.
Same here my date has none but adores children.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Same here my date has none but adores children.
Not to rain on your parade, but let's hope he doesn't adore them TOO much! There've been many stories about coaches and such liking the kids a bit too much.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not to rain on your parade, but let's hope he doesn't adore them TOO much! There've been many stories about coaches and such liking the kids a bit too much.
You sicko. My guy is definitely NOT in the "adores them" category. He doesn't hate kids...he just thinks most of them are a PITA. He does pretty good with my son though...kind of tough for them with my son being 17 and the "man of the house". But we manage.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He's not a catholic priest!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You sicko. My guy is definitely NOT in the "adores them" category. He doesn't hate kids...he just thinks most of them are a PITA.
That's more like it. I'm a bit suspicious of a single guy who doesn't have kids and yet "adores" them and wants to be around them all the time.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:16 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
So it taught me - don't set firm rules or assume anything. If you like someone give them a chance- kids or none.
That's sound advice.

As a single man, no kids, my first impulse is to say "no" to single mothers. However, if her child is well-behaved, and grounded in solid values, that says a lot about the mother's character and thus makes her a potential candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships