Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:10 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepoRsheep View Post
Curious how you phrased the man as sleeping around and the woman as dates a few people. If they're looking down on her, could it be because she likes being on the bottom? Just sayin'.

Because the guy that was sleeping around with all these girls, is the very one who was calling this girl sooooo many degrading names, so the double standard was off the hook, like what a total hypacrite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 09:15 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,301 times
As long as double standards exist, these issues won't go away.
Come to think of men have it bad in another area... when it comes to hitting a female it's a NO NO and he's labeled a monster. Unlike if we were to slap an annoying jerk (well I haven't slap a man ever but slamed a market door which almost hit his face years ago) then my guess is hardly anyone would care about him... in fact many people would probably laugh. Why?? Because that's the way it is and it ain't changing.
So now what double standard is worst? The one where we can't sleep around nor go on multiple dates without being label names or the later where a man is trashed if he hits a woman (even if she starts it first...)??
Guess it all sucks in one way or another.....

Old 09-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,630 times
its just one of those mysteries of the world. kinda like bigfoot. although i think bigfoot is real becaus ive seen him before.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Let me ask you this: Why would anyone even know? Who a woman dates is her business.

If your friends are judging you that way, you might want to get some new friends.
Hey didn't I say that somewhere here already, lol??

Old 09-22-2010, 10:13 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,324 times
Some good advice on here about finding a new crowd.

I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:18 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Well first off we must be talking about sex, not dating. I've never heard of anyone, anywhere, pointing the finger at a woman who is dating multiple men.Only if she is sleeping with them all do people get judgmental.

As for having sex with a lot of people, we are of course talking about braggarts, not people who keep the details of their sex life private. You'd have know way of know how many people a person has bedded if they don't tell you.

Among these braggarts, I think a small part of the double standard comes from the relative ease of getting sex. For an average man to sleep with 100 women he needs game; for a woman to sleep with 100 men she just needs to bend over with a "hit this" sign pinned on her back. One might be impressed with the guy, but the woman? Of course not.
Grade A analysis as usual.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:43 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Frankly, I don't care how many men a woman dates (or has sex with). That's her business not mine. As far as a guy telling me how many women he's dated (or had sex with), my first reaction would be, "Why are you telling me?" In any event, I'd be neither impressed nor disappointed upon hearing such a revelation.

[shrug]

Old 09-23-2010, 02:08 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
Why is it that when men sleep around, they get praised and all pat each other on the back and brag about it, but if a woman just dates a few people because she wants to be a bit picky before making any commitments, everyone looks down on her?
"Why is the sky blue?" I mean there are a lot of answers to that question. The thing is this, dating and sleeping around are two different things. Some men don't mind a common gal and some do. No one is looking down on a woman for just dating today. U have to decide what u stand for. There are different standards for a man than a woman and it may not be fair, but much to about life is not fair.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:28 AM

37,580 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Seems the root of your problems is that you've been hanging around jackasses and then coming here to complain about what has resulted.

Really, start associating with higher quality people or live with your decision.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. The OP needs to have this stamped on her forehead.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:35 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,346,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
Why is it that when men sleep around, they get praised and all pat each other on the back and brag about it, but if a woman just dates a few people because she wants to be a bit picky before making any commitments, everyone looks down on her?
You bring up stereotypes.

Not every fits them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships