Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I guess the question lingering on everyone's mind is why someone, whom apparently is not a SO, would be planning a trip involving you without your knowledge or consent?
Does this person do this often?
Are you resentful this person does this?
And why do you go?
No they don't do it often.

Last month was the very last straw.I flat out told them I don't appreciate them for being inconsiderate of me and that I would no longer be going on anymore trips with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 07:29 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
No they don't do it often.

Last month was the very last straw.I flat out told them I don't appreciate them for being inconsiderate of me and that I would no longer be going on anymore trips with them.
Good for you!

Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
I was inquiring if anyone had this happen to them and how they dealt with this situation.
Then I described what happened to me and how I dealt with it is all.Never mentioned who it was.
Someone did make the asumption that it was my b/f.
I've never had it happen quite the same way, although, I have a friend inform me I had committed to take a short trip with her and I knew the subject had never been discussed and told her that, she said she thought we had. I agreed to go, it was a trip to see her daughter in college, who I wanted to see as well and I think she didn't want to drive by herself. Now had she called me a liar, I wouldn't have agreed.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:32 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I think having a private discussion about it when the third party isn't around is the more appropriate way to go. Throwing one another under the bus in front of other people is tacky. He shouldn't be making you out to be a liar or clueless idiot, and it would be better for you to clear the air privately.
Perfect answer and I concur.
I think the issue is about being insensitive in front of other people and making you look like an idiot.

In private to be honest , if Hubby wants to take me on an unexpected trip and has gone to the trouble or organising it all, he is going to get very lucky that evening !! I would be jumping up and down with joy.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth when it comes to travelling is my attitude and I can be packed in about twenty minutes... I actually told Hubby I could be packed to leave at just about any notice at all. In fact I would be ecstatic if he got a job abroad right now and if he wants to surprise me with it then even better.

He knows what I like and that apart from war torn countries I will move just about anywhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships