Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 02:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,380,345 times

Advertisements

I'm a stress smoker -- sometimes smoke on social occasions, but pretty rarely. Never inside of the house, around children, around my pet or to the point where it's a "must have" habit. I did live with someone who was a true smoker and who did so inside of the house. I didn't like this at all, but hey, I'd come to love him. When you love someone, it really makes a difference. He did end up quitting, but this was not to say that I wasn't concerned about his health (he was a heavy smoker).

I have more of an issue with people who drink. Or people who don't smoke cigarettes, but smoke that ... er, illegal stuff. Anything illegal that goes on around me or in my home is a big NO, and any substance that alters someone's personality to the point where there behavior is silly or otherwise unbecoming is not my cuppa. I feel the same way about drinkers and illegal drug users that most people probably feel about smokers -- if you do it, do it away from me, and don't let me be subject to your behavior.

But that said, I'd never write someone off just because he drank socially. I just wouldn't want to participate or be privy to it.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:05 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
The level of animosity from some directed at those who smoke, clearly says to me that these people need to chill and have a cigarette.

So I was right. You are a smoker

Old 09-22-2010, 02:06 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sure. As long as they don't run out of female population and end up having to pitch for the other team!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Then they'd really be smoking something!!

Either that or somebody's lying because I KNOW two things are happening as I type. Somewhere in the world:

A woman who smokes is getting laid

AND

A fat chick is getting laid

Old 09-22-2010, 02:06 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
So I was right. You are a smoker
LOL...........

Old 09-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Either that or somebody's lying because I KNOW two things are happening as I type. Somewhere in the world:

A woman who smokes is getting laid

AND

A fat chick is getting laid

Smokers and fat chicks need love too.......

Old 09-22-2010, 02:08 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
You mention many women smoke as a form of weight control. That's not a healthy way to keep weight down but at least they are concerned about their weight which is fairly rare today as obesity rates are skyrocketting.

If there was a group of thin attractive women smoking and another group of obese unattractve women not smoking I have no doubt more men would pay attention and be interested in the women smoking. They may nag them later but for initial attraction obesity would be more of a dealbreaker for more men than smoking. I realize it doesn't have to be an either-or choice, many guys would choose none of the above.
People ought to be concerned about their weight for health reasons, not just for appearance. Smoking might help someone stay thin, but look at the cost. That's a pretty big tradeoff and one that's entirely avoidable since one can stay thin without having to smoke. Sure, most men will opt for the thin smoker over the overweight non-smoker. Personally, I would overlook excess weight a lot sooner than I could overlook smoking. At least with excess weight, you can lose it and reverse the effects of being heavy. But with smoking, you can quit today but a lot of the damage has been done and can't be reversed. And you're right. It doesn't have to be either/or proposition. If all I had to choose from was thin smokers and obese nonsmokers, I'd stay single.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:09 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
What animosity? Seems like some of the smokers are just getting defensive about people expressing their preference for non-smokers.
I'm a non-smoker and honestly, if someone wants to smoke, they can knock themselves out. Heck have two at once if you want. The only things I ask of a smoker if we're hanging out is not to smoke in my home and not to smoke in my car. If we're hanging out and you want to light one up, I'm going to take a walk down the street or stay a bit further from you until you're done.

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Yes.

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post

What animosity? Seems like some of the smokers are just getting defensive about people expressing their preference for non-smokers.

Exactly. Maybe the smokers all ran out of cigarettes and are cranky due to the nicotine withdrawl Just kidding smokers just kidding

Old 09-22-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
I'm a non-smoker and honestly, if someone wants to smoke, they can knock themselves out. Heck have two at once if you want. The only things I ask of a smoker if we're hanging out is not to smoke in my home and not to smoke in my car. If we're hanging out and you want to light one up, I'm going to take a walk down the street or stay a bit further from you until you're done.
Damn, that's just too much work........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships