Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:06 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,384,777 times

Advertisements

1 Has and pursues goals in life
2. Makes mostly good decisions and doesn't repeat bad ones.
3. Confident, but humble
4. Lives within her means financially
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 07:17 AM

182 posts, read 298,866 times
She has to bait her own hook!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Well, you started of with a question as if you will try to be a certain way.

Bad idea.

Be yourself. Have fun. Don't be fake. Eventually you will show all your true colors...why not do it right away. If they don't annoy him then you are erasing alot of b.s. time that is unnecessary. If you like a cheese burger...order it. Don't get a small salad cause you are afraid he will think you are something...order what you want. Guys dig girls that drink beer and eat burgers.

Too many women walk around all prissy and acting a certain way cause they don't want him to think you are something else. Well, you are something else. Don't hide it only to surprise him later that you aren't that way at all. You get that????? Be yourself. Be comfortable enough to do what you would do even if he wasn't there. That's you! Be YOU!! If he doesn't like what you are doing...he won't like what you are doing. That's him. Better it is to find out he doesn't like the way you hop a fence in a single bound.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:38 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I want a YES woman.
I always KNEW you and I are match made in heaven! Or was it hell... Dementia...

Old 09-24-2010, 07:40 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
For you men: If you're into seeking relationship (can be long term, marriage material, etc...) besides looks are there other qualities you look for when being on a date? What are they?

Or is just the looks most of the times good enough? Example: Guy finds his dream girl who is rated high in looks (can be smart too) but turns out to be an arrogant, snob thinking she's above everyone...
* She has to be energetic/bubbly. Cant stand a low energy slow moving woman.

* She has to lead a similar lifestyle - takes care of her health/fitness and is active. Doesnt have to be a gym rat, but fitness better rank extremely high on her list of priorities.

* She has close group of female friends. If a woman has more guy friends than female friends then something is ALWAYS wrong with her.

* Good balance between positive attitude and a bit of arrogance/bit*hyness/confidence. The wife has this.

* LOVES sex. Lots of sex. Likes when she's stressed, happy, sad, when she needs to relax, when she's bored and when she just wants to have some fun.

* She's artistic and/or pursues artistic endeavors.

* Good sense of humor.

* Has sense of values based on character and integrity. NOT based on religion. She must be virtuous.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:42 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
- Intelligence
- Somebody who can discuss current affairs, or at least doesn't only have shallow interests
- Somebody who has goals and ambition
- A kindly/decent nature

Old 09-24-2010, 09:23 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I want a YES woman.
You want a woman who, whenever she tells you to do something, you reply with a hearty, "Yes ma'am!"?

Old 09-24-2010, 09:31 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Positive attitude - Some women like to complain a lot. About their job, their friends, etc. After a while, it gets tiring and you wonder if this person whines about everything. That's why I pay attention to what she's passionate about, not what she doesn't like, and whether she has a sweet disposition about her.

Self-centeredness - When I was in my 20s, I'd often meet women who loved to talk about themselves. You'd be having a conversation about something and they'd turn it back to them. Or they'd ask you about yourself and they'd eventually circle the conversation back to them. If I'm interested in someone, I obviously want to learn about her. But I don't want everything we talk about to be about her. I also don't like it when she's constantly interrupting me. I've met women who have so much to say that they won't even let you finish before responding.

Doesn't live in a bubble - Some people have no clue or interest in anything outside of their own little world. They know their job, their friends, their family, their hobbies, favorite TV shows, etc. But if you try to have a conversation about some big event in the world or just in your city, they shrug.

Sense of humor - I know women say they love a guy who can make them laugh, but it has to go both ways. She also has to able to laugh at herself.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 AM

143 posts, read 258,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
You want a woman who, whenever she tells you to do something, you reply with a hearty, "Yes ma'am!"?

My type of guy!!!! LOL

Old 09-24-2010, 09:45 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,033,761 times
My first criterion: NO SMOKERS!!! Once you start dating a smoker you have to hang out with all of her smoker friends, too. YUCK!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships