Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 AM

337 posts, read 1,431,349 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if any spouses or significant others are shareing their posts with their partners? It's easy to come to City-Data and declare everything from "My wife just doesn't undersand me.", to "My wife is the best thing in my life!", but do you ever think to actually go to that person and have a respectful heart to heart discussion about what is bothering you? I was just thinking....if, God forbid, something terrible happened that took your life, and your spouse or SO were left behind and could read all your posts, have you said anything on here that you would regret?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 11:10 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
I just leave the site up all the time. She can read whatever she likes whenever she likes. Same with my email accounts. Since I have nothing but good things to say about her - which she hears directly from me anyway - there's nothing to regret!

Old 09-24-2010, 11:12 AM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I just leave the site up all the time. She can read whatever she likes whenever she likes. Same with my email accounts. Since I have nothing but good things to say about her - which she hears directly from me anyway - there's nothing to regret!
Same with us. Our computers are right next to each other (not to mention we're both on CD. That helps. )

Old 09-24-2010, 11:15 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Yeah. Actually, I read some of this stuff out loud to her. I don't think I've written anything on CD that I couldn't print out and hand directly to her--with the possible exception of my attitudes towards my in-laws. Even then, she knows what they are.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:22 AM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yeah. Actually, I read some of this stuff out loud to her. I don't think I've written anything on CD that I couldn't print out and hand directly to her--with the possible exception of my attitudes towards my in-laws. Even then, she knows what they are.
LOL, before I joined CD, I'd be cooking dinner or something, and my SO would come in and talk about what he was discussing with someone. (I felt like I "knew" everyone before I even started reading it myself. And then I joined. Didn't know it was so addictive.)

Is the OP going to answer the question?

Old 09-24-2010, 11:25 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
My husband thinks CD is a waste of time... which is kind of true... but I need my outlets for BS. He doesn't want to know what I post.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:37 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, before I joined CD, I'd be cooking dinner or something, and my SO would come in and talk about what he was discussing with someone. (I felt like I "knew" everyone before I even started reading it myself. And then I joined. Didn't know it was so addictive.)

Probably not. I think it's a hit-and-run.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:39 AM

408 posts, read 809,120 times
I tell him about the interesting ones...he usually shows no interest though! He's kind of a social networking/blogging/forum hermit---he even refuses to have a facebook page *gasp*

Old 09-24-2010, 11:46 AM

337 posts, read 1,431,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

LOL!!! Well, I don't really have a problem with my husband seeing anything I've posted in C-D.....and he has seen a lot. (I don't have like thousands of posts though, so not a lot of history there!) He is not a C-D member himself either. Just not his thing. I do read some of the more interesting posts to him occasionally, to open topics of discussion....but he is just happier reading blogs or trash entertainment or catching up on his fantasy football league! LOL

Last edited by RecovringKrspyKremeAddict; 09-24-2010 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Added content

Old 09-24-2010, 11:56 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yeah. Actually, I read some of this stuff out loud to her. I don't think I've written anything on CD that I couldn't print out and hand directly to her.
Yup - same here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships