Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:21 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,465,732 times

Advertisements

I suggest you ask your b/f what his intentions are wrt this woman. She has a b/f, but is flirting with yours. That isn't uncommon, nor necessarily a sign that she has any intent beyond flirting. So, tell your b/f your concerns, and if he's certain that he can just be her friend without things going over whatever line he and you agree upon, then let him. People have friends, and spend time with them. You'd probably have no issues with him spending time with a male friend, even if it takes some time away from the two of you. And if you don't trust your b/f, tell him so, and be prepared for the consequences. As you say, if he actually can't be trusted, then better to find out sooner rather than later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 10:34 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I was hoping maybe she had finally come to her senses, and learned something from her previous threads. Guess not.
I seriously don't see that happening ever! Unless he beats her up almost to death perhaps, but that may not be enough, either. Maddog is holding on to this jerk for dear life regardless of his behavior just so she can use the phrase "my boyfriend"!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:52 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Really? I didn't know that she posted any other threads. I don't really pay attention to the authors when I reply in a thread, because it isn't about personalities, and I don't know the person from Adam anyhow, and wouldn't claim to know them either.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:53 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,712 times
I'm very sad for you OP. I used to suffer from low self esteem myself but I will tell you that if you went to counseling it would help. I only had to go twice. Now I realize that if someone isn't trust worthy I don't want them in my life. Before counseling my personality attracted people that preyed on my low self esteem. Now I am self assured and independant. I've been married for 14 years and know my DH wouldn't cheat on me because he knows I'd be smart enough to leave him flat. And he loves and respects me for it.

Get some help...and I don't mean that in an offensive way. It works and it's worth it.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:49 PM

900 posts, read 1,701,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
D'OH!

Really.

I don't go poking into my SO's phone (even if I could figure the dang thing out), but if he was so much as responding to that nonsense with anything other than a "ha ha, yes, my GIRLFRIEND sees your point," he'd get what-for from me, boy howdy.

And you're saying he wants to spend time with her? Without you there?

Oh, heck no.

Thing is, if he really wants to get one under the table from this broad, he will, whether you "let" him spend time with her or not.

In other words, just the fact that he wants to spend time alone with her without you there is enough for me to doubt his worthiness as relationship material.
that was my point, if they're going to do it, they're going to do it. I cant stop them- can I?????? Holding on so tight has not worked well, so I figured let go. He has already spent time with her, but in public places , I think. Im not exactally trying to set him up or giving him the rope to hang himself, its just that actions speak louder than words. His actions will say it all. But yes, I had second thoughts because it seems like I gave permission. But who am I his mom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships