Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 06:45 AM

380 posts, read 795,600 times

Advertisements

As some of you know I went out with a co-worker for a drink Wednesday after he had invited me to a party the Friday before. (I have a boyfriend) The whole situation was really laid back and I got the impression he just wanted to be friends. Which is totally fine because I have a ton of guy friends.

Well this Friday night he asked me to get dinner and see a movie with him. I agreed and went out. He's kind of seeing another girl but he specifically told me, after being in a 6 year relationship, he doesn't want to date anyone.

So dinner and the movie were fun. We have a lot of stuff to talk about (we hardly ever talk about work). We haven't so much as hugged so no awkward touchy-feely stuff either.

The problem is he keeps saying weird out-of-place stuff like "Its so cool that we hardly ever talk about work. I feel like I could talk to you for hours". Every night, even when hes with the girl hes been hanging out with he texts me "Goodnight. Sweet dreams. Cant wait to see you tomorrow at work".

Now I'm not the kind of person to respond to that kind of stuff so I Just say "Nite".

Can someone please explain to me what is going on with him. I'm all for having a friendship with him but this is getting a little strange.

Last edited by punky86; 09-27-2010 at 07:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 07:05 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,648 times
Can't you see that this guy wants MORE than friendship. I am leaning towards that he wants a casual relationship with you that involves sex. If you love your boyfriend stay away from this guy. He's a cheater.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Can't you see that this guy wants MORE than friendship. I am leaning towards that he wants a casual relationship with you that involves sex. If you love your boyfriend stay away from this guy. He's a cheater.
Normally I would totally agree with you, but he hasn't so much as touched me. We've hung out 3 times and nothing. A guy who wants sex sends definite signals.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
The question is, do you want to be more than friends with him?

As things progress this reality will eventually arrive and if you both want something different, it will end in tears.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:18 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
A guy who wants sex sends definite signals.
a poor assumption. sort of like the girls who assume that the only guys who are interested, are the guys who make an approach.

plenty of men don't act quite right.

Last edited by le roi; 09-27-2010 at 07:35 AM..

Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
The question is, do you want to be more than friends with him?

As things progress this reality will eventually arrive and if you both want something different, it will end in tears.
No. I dont want to be more then friends, and IF hes just being friendly then hes just being friendly.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
He might be waiting for you to make the first move, or at the very least, give him a green light signal of some sort that it's ok to make his move. So far, you haven't given him an opening.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:25 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
No. I dont want to be more then friends, and IF hes just being friendly then hes just being friendly.
The whole situation to me recks of him wanting to be more than friends for eg. the texts etc. Now you have said that its not what you want, If you are sure about that, my advice is to end what you have going and save hurt down the track.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:25 AM

O...and I forgot to add he keeps asking me when he's going to meet my boyfriend. What the hell is that about?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:27 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
O...and I forgot to add he keeps asking me when he's going to meet my boyfriend. What the hell is that about?
Maybe wants to see what type of guy you are into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships