Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:59 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times

Advertisements

When you're down & out you really find out who your true friends & family is. Times are rough for me now & some people are just nasty sobs. Now i see why many people are "loners" or dont trust others.

Its ok cause i truely believe what goes around comes around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 03:08 PM

661 posts, read 1,251,278 times
You got it buddy!

Old 09-27-2010, 04:02 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
This is true.

If you hit the lottery though, see how many friends and family you got then!

Hopefully, you will get through this tough time soon! Good luck!

Old 09-27-2010, 04:23 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times
I do hope so, that is, what goes around comes around.
Good luck.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:26 PM

I hear when people hit the lottery friends & family come out of the woodwork even when you havent seen them for yrs & yrs.

I would love to win alot of money so i can tell select friends & family to f off.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
When you're down & out you really find out who your true friends & family is. Times are rough for me now & some people are just nasty sobs. Now i see why many people are "loners" or dont trust others.

Its ok cause i truely believe what goes around comes around.
I'm so sorry you are going thru a rough time

You are right, such times really will separate the men from the boys, and the true friends from superficial ones.

Most of us can count on one hand who our "true friends" are anyway, so don't feel too badly.

True friendship takes real committment and an investment of time. Most of us only have so much of ourselves to spread around like that. Just remember to be a good friend yourself, and you'll find the one or two you can count on.

Hope you have nothing but brighter days on your horizon!

Old 09-27-2010, 05:02 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
You won't be down and out forever. And now you know who your true friends are. A valuable lesson to learn.

I hope things get better for you.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:19 PM

I have a neighbor who turned on me cause i stopped throwing her trash for her. Shes retired & has a decent income & can afford to give me a few bucks to dump her trash. She figures since im throwing my trash i may as well throw hers. I ran to the hardware store for her in her car & she didnt give me a dime for my time. She also called me up last week & asked me when im taking her car to get smogged. She assumed i was going to do it for free. The straw that broke the camels back was when i asked her if she would buy (give me cash) a grocery store gift card from me that my bro gave me. I told her i would shop free for her & she said ok. I called her the next day & she says a friend of her already went shopping for her & shes paying someone to shop once a week for her so she dont want the gift card. My sister says the woman was just using me & i agree. I have broken off ties with her. Im sick of people like her & i have ran into my share of them.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
I am going to fake I won the lottery just to see how many will come forward.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:29 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I have a neighbor who turned on me cause i stopped throwing her trash for her. Shes retired & has a decent income & can afford to give me a few bucks to dump her trash. She figures since im throwing my trash i may as well throw hers. I ran to the hardware store for her in her car & she didnt give me a dime for my time. She also called me up last week & asked me when im taking her car to get smogged. She assumed i was going to do it for free. The straw that broke the camels back was when i asked her if she would buy (give me cash) a grocery store gift card from me that my bro gave me. I told her i would shop free for her & she said ok. I called her the next day & she says a friend of her already went shopping for her & shes paying someone to shop once a week for her so she dont want the gift card. My sister says the woman was just using me & i agree. I have broken off ties with her. Im sick of people like her & i have ran into my share of them.
So this is the "friend" who turned on you??

Honey, you don't seem to understand the difference between friends and neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships