Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 11:58 PM

282 posts, read 634,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
While this isn't directed exclusively at women, it seems to be more prevalent among women.

While you are constantly texting, checking Facebook, tweeting, and gossiping on the phone while you are driving and weaving in and out of traffic, life is actually going on! I recently broke up with an otherwise nice girl who was constantly tethered to her I Phone, constantly on Facebook, and we'd hang out and all I'd here is an annoying chime that would distract us and she absolutely had to see which pizza place her friend was eating at, or which baby picture was being posted.

There is a such thing as being too connected, ladies (and some dudes too). Why is this new generation of girls (generally aged 21-30) feel that everything they have to say is important and people want to read it? Are we creating a generation people who feel extremely self-important?

BTW, I just had enough and I was sitting on the couch next to her when the thing went off like 4 times in a row. So I got up, left, got in my truck and drove off. Peace out. She called me and she said "why the heck did you leave without saying goodbye?" I texted her "Goodbye"....maybe a dick move but I had mentioned several times to her that it annoyed me, and it seemed to be the only way to get through to her.
Sounds like someone needs to get a life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
"More efficient"? Perhaps if you are a Wall Street mover & shaker, or Lindsey Lohan's lawyer...but I fail to see how answering emails and texts within minutes, simply because you can't resist it (and that is really what it comes down to) makes you more efficient. Puleeeez. It makes you obnoxious, frankly. And unable to focus on what is in front of you, for another.
What if what is in front of them is uninteresting? You people kill me, crying about how others enjoy THEIR life.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I have a friend who I refuse to go to lunch with anymore. Whenever we were out, he'd be picking up and setting down his iphone every five minutes. He gets a text and he immediately has to reply to it, and it goes on and on through the duration of our meal. I couldn't hold a conversation with him because of his incessant texting and checking the Facebook updates. It was like having lunch with a 14 year old. Some of our other mutual friends agree and talking with him about it didn't change anything.
The problem is not your friend, the problem is you and others like you that feel you are important to the phone user, when you are not. Become interesting and you will not have these issues.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 AM

187 posts, read 196,079 times
Empty minds need and will pursue constant approval.

The text and message system candy coats the insecure need for an approval fix.

Its as simple as that. Go ahead, get addicted. Society can crumble together

Oh what joy

Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ladies, seriously, put down the smartphone! You're not that important!

Newsflash....you aren't that important either if she is on her phone instead of talking to you.
Ding ding ding!

Ladies & gentlemen we have a winner!

Old 09-29-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I don't blame him for leaving. Her boyfriend obivously wasn't as important to her as talking on the phone or checking email. I would have left too, my hat's off to him.
Obviously. The real question is who cares ? Empty minds I suppose.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:15 AM

Human that need to control other humans need a life.

Nothing insecure about ENTERTAINING yourself when very boring people are near.

Its as simple as that. Society will be just fine. Roll with it, roll out or get rolled over. Emotions are for the weak. Logic is king.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Will quote that famous American, Sylvester The Cat...'AHHHHH SHADAPP!!!'

I swear, the older I get, the less patience I have with people who try to be smarta**es and give Behavior Mod 101 complete with snarky little remarks, while adding nothing to the conversation, and do it from behind the supposed anonymity of their PC...

Peep this...if the OP DID get up and leave that young lady, whether I agree with him or not, that's HIS business, not some excuse for you to question his manhood like some skater-punk high on Mountain Dew...by the same token, if the young lady took offense at the OP's action, and called him on it, again, that's HER business, not some platform for you to say she's 'looking for a real man', nor does that make her a wimp...

I would suggest, then, that if you have something constructive to add to the topic at hand, then by all means, let your voice be heard...but if all you're going to do is type sarcastic, offhanded insults questioning people's manhood or womanhood, then maybe you need to find another forum...

Sorry folks, if I came off a little heavy-handed, but I'm a mite testy today, and I have no patience with 6-post wonders coming in here and popping off at people
ClearNight says: Grouchie Grouchie

Your claiming the older you get the less patience you have. Who's fault is that ?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Human that need to control other humans need a life.

Nothing insecure about ENTERTAINING yourself when very boring people are near.

Its as simple as that. Society will be just fine. Roll with it, roll out or get rolled over. Emotions are for the weak. Logic is king.

Ah ha ha ha....thanks for the late night laugh.....are you Socrates ?

....ha ha ha ha ha OMG

Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I agree with you 100%! bluesky42day thinks she is all important, that nothing else in the world is important except checking her email. She comes across much differently than she thinks she does.
Nite Ryder, with all due respect, you know absolutely nothing about me to say such harsh things.

I said checking my e-mail on a mobile device makes me more efficient, which it does & somehow you take a huge leap by saying that nothing else in the world is important to me

I've received so many direct messages about this thread, including some from the OP that walked out on his girlfriend & even he said that I get a free pass & that what I do is "very honorable", his words, not mine.

I am many things, but a girl with her priorities mixed up is certainly not one of them.

Courtney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships