Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 12:33 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,833,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I've never had a job where there was computer access nor were you allowed to use your phone on company time .

Sorry about the FB , I misread .

But now that I have the web phone , I would still wait til I got home to check email. I might as one poster suggested go on the phone real quick to get map address or find something but honestly its not fun checking the email on that tiny screen.
No worries here, I shouldn't have assumed you could check your e-mail at work

Courtney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 12:41 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I just started Twittering yesterday. LOL LOOK OUT WORLD!!

May the gods have mercy on us!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:02 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times
I THOUGHT I AS THE ONLY ONE WHO FELT THIS WAY!!

It is beyond ridiculous and I am a young guy (24) but I feel that my generation (male or female) just seem to think that they are so self-important and that everything they say or do matters. I can't tell you how annoying it is when I'm with a girl and we're eating dinner, watching a movie and just having some alone time and she feels the need to be checking her smartphone every 5 minutes to post something that doesn't really matter like "At the movies", "Eating dinner", "Cuddling and snuggling lmao". Though its not the worst that can happen and it isn't the most rude thing, its still pretty friggin rude. Sometimes I feel that this generation has their priorities mixed up, the very thing that is supposed to keep us connected sometimes ends up making us more closed off. Maybe its just me, I don't know.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:46 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,833,872 times
^^^I actually completely agree with everything you just said, even though I was the one posting about how much I love my smartphone.

I use it for good, not evil

Courtney

Old 09-28-2010, 05:12 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
I have a smart phone and I like it. Sue me.

It is annoying when the person you're dating pays more attention to their phone than to you, though. However, it's not just 20-something women who do it. I'm pretty sure I got dumped for an iPhone.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have no smart phone...don't want one.

To be honest, I see far more guys exhibiting this behavior than gals.
True...and I work for a cell phone company so I see it first hand.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
IMO, being an idiot with new technology is not gender biased...I see just as many, if not more, men walking around texting at a manic pace, yapping away on those darn bluetooth ear pieces and posting moronic Facebook statuses...
I was supposed to have gotten one of those, but I resisted it much to everyone's chagrin.

It's one of the dumbest devices out there.

Also, them buggers who have a little phone pouch hanging from their belts like a primate tail

It's NOT cool. Give it up, fellas.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
My dh has a simple flip phone. I have an LG. He really wants me to get a smart phone. I probably would enjoy it. But, my LG does have a level app and I really like that. My buddy and I went to the movies on Sunday and he rented a smart car to come out and see me. He had a locator app on his iphone for the rental. That's pretty cool.

eta: he's anti-apple, tho.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:01 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,380 times
I have a regular phone with no internet. Not all women are hooked on social networking sites.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:03 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I was supposed to have gotten one of those, but I resisted it much to everyone's chagrin.

It's one of the dumbest devices out there.

Also, them buggers who have a little phone pouch hanging from their belts like a primate tail

It's NOT cool. Give it up, fellas.
Haha! I am always confused when I see someone walking towards me talking and I always assume they are talking to me....nope, they are chatting it up on their Bluetooth

My favorite is when I am driving and a person has it on their head so I can't see it and they are chatting away...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships