Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:14 PM

187 posts, read 196,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
I'm typing this from my iPhone right now...but in my defense I do fit your demographic...26 yo Female.

I feel like not having a smartphone is equivalent to life before a microwave, as far as convenience goes.

I like the push mail feature, where my phone will make a small ding when I receive an e-mail. I'm guessing that alert is what made you get up & leave. For me, that ding makes me more efficient. I can address something as soon as it comes into my inbox.

I very rarely post on this forum from a computer. I check it while in line somewhere, on the way to work (in a taxi), at the nail shop, while a commercial is on TV, etc.

Courtney
Whats your point , besides U like your phone....so what
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 11:26 PM

379 posts, read 513,460 times
Quote:
I'm typing this from my iPhone right now...but in my defense I do fit your demographic...26 yo Female.

I feel like not having a smartphone is equivalent to life before a microwave, as far as convenience goes.

I like the push mail feature, where my phone will make a small ding when I receive an e-mail. I'm guessing that alert is what made you get up & leave. For me, that ding makes me more efficient. I can address something as soon as it comes into my inbox.

I very rarely post on this forum from a computer. I check it while in line somewhere, on the way to work (in a taxi), at the nail shop, while a commercial is on TV, etc.

Courtney
Actually, what made me get up and leave was the fact that I had discussed this with her previously. When you are with your SO, it shouldn't be about efficiency. Sure, you have to be efficient at work, but most of these "dings" are just alerts to mindless, useless Facebook posts and emails.

Like I said, there is a such thing as being too connected. The beauty of email is that it waits for you

Old 09-27-2010, 11:33 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,837,322 times
My point was that my phone makes me more efficient.

People were basically responding to the OP by saying they don't get the appeal of people walking down the street typing on a smartphone. I get the appeal of it because I'm one of "those" people.

Since you've told her it bothered you I understand being frustrated, seems a little dramatic to just leave though, even if you did think they were mindless updates they were obviously important to her...but to each their own!

Courtney

Old 09-28-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
My point was that my phone makes me more efficient.

People were basically responding to the OP by saying they don't get the appeal of people walking down the street typing on a smartphone. I get the appeal of it because I'm one of "those" people.

Since you've told her it bothered you I understand being frustrated, seems a little dramatic to just leave though, even if you did think they were mindless updates they were obviously important to her...but to each their own!

Courtney

Ha Ha Ha, you insult the query by promoting your own interpretation.

you also show signs of social insecurity with attempts to
control and tell people what there saying.

Whats fantastic is the query is in place, due to an inability to
reject control freaks like you.

Of course this individual is a wimp and will wimp up to anything a women says until he has his little temper tantrum.

These are fundamentally violent characteristics.

The individual is not capable of a serious relationship, because he does not have the courage to understand himself and express it

Old 09-28-2010, 12:28 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,837,322 times
^^^ I have no idea what you just said

I think it was along the lines of saying I read a post & then gave my opinion. How dare I do that on City Data

I would classify myself as a control freak though, so you hit that nail on the head

Courtney

Old 09-28-2010, 12:30 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,599,176 times
Quote:
You are not alone!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:32 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,492,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
While this isn't directed exclusively at women, it seems to be more prevalent among women.

While you are constantly texting, checking Facebook, tweeting, and gossiping on the phone while you are driving and weaving in and out of traffic, life is actually going on! I recently broke up with an otherwise nice girl who was constantly tethered to her I Phone, constantly on Facebook, and we'd hang out and all I'd here is an annoying chime that would distract us and she absolutely had to see which pizza place her friend was eating at, or which baby picture was being posted.

There is a such thing as being too connected, ladies (and some dudes too). Why is this new generation of girls (generally aged 21-30) feel that everything they have to say is important and people want to read it? Are we creating a generation people who feel extremely self-important?

BTW, I just had enough and I was sitting on the couch next to her when the thing went off like 4 times in a row. So I got up, left, got in my truck and drove off. Peace out. She called me and she said "why the heck did you leave without saying goodbye?" I texted her "Goodbye"....maybe a dick move but I had mentioned several times to her that it annoyed me, and it seemed to be the only way to get through to her.
Ironically, you posted this on the internet for anonymous discussion when it would have been far more productive to talk to her directly about it.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:33 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,382,996 times
Two of the funniest dam&ed things I've ever seen:

Guy busy texting who walked into a lamp post.

Guy texting while texting on his iPhone; drops the sucker, and it splinters into tiny pieces.

Not funny: People so busy texting that they nearly get run over, or run over someone else while in their vehicle.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:38 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,599,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Ironically, you posted this on the internet for anonymous discussion when it would have been far more productive to talk to her directly about it.
LOL! Brilliant! Or he could have texted her instead of asking online strangers.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:

I think it was along the lines of saying I read a post & then gave my opinion. How dare I do that on City Data

I would classify myself as a control freak though, so you hit that nail on the head

Courtney

I will try to write in a simple form for the slow pokes out there.

Boy likes girl........Boy is not had any real tough life exp......

Boy is a wimp........Girl figures this out but needs real passion

Girl a wimp as well and shows signs of non-interest, to frustrate boy.

It works and Boy walks out leaving girl looking for a real man .

Boy starts to grow up and changes wimpy yes-man format
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships