Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 10:39 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,290,428 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of purging at home and I still have my last wedding dress. It's not a wedding dress per se - it's just a nice champagne formal dress. The good (or bad) news is I fit in it and like it. The emotional side of me says "high time to get rid of it"; the practical side says "it's a nice dress and you don't have many for formal occasions." Not that there are many occasions of this nature...

I've been thinking of getting rid of it for a long time and still haven't... What say you? Well, not that I don't know the answer... I'm not going to feel good wearing it and there's no point in doing it even if it is nice.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I've not been active around here much recently, but thanks to Djuna for missing me !

Got a new job, and a couple of projects on the go, so not a lot of spare time at the moment.

I'm still around, but just don't have as much time for posting at the moment.

Watch this space tho, I'll be back.
Good luck with your new job!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,785,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm in the process of purging at home and I still have my last wedding dress. It's not a wedding dress per se - it's just a nice champagne formal dress. The good (or bad) news is I fit in it and like it. The emotional side of me says "high time to get rid of it"; the practical side says "it's a nice dress and you don't have many for formal occasions." Not that there are many occasions of this nature...

I've been thinking of getting rid of it for a long time and still haven't... What say you? Well, not that I don't know the answer... I'm not going to feel good wearing it and there's no point in doing it even if it is nice.
Sell it on Craigslist or ebay and go buy yourself something nice with the money. I wouldn't market it as a wedding dress, just a formal dress that could be worn as one.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Sell it on Craigslist or ebay and go buy yourself something nice with the money. I wouldn't market it as a wedding dress, just a formal dress that could be worn as one.
Yeah, I think I'll just take it to Twice As Nice (second-hand store) with the rest of the stuff. It certainly doesn't make me happy, but it might make somebody else happy. This one isn't expensive; the really expensive one I never took with me.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:38 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,339,913 times
Quote:

GET RID OF IT!! Bad juju, vodoo and whatever else that goes along with it.

Besides when you do get an invite to a formal occasion, what better time to buy something new and fabulous for the event!!

Old 10-06-2010, 12:40 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,878,873 times
I have been going through stuff from my move. Moving into a smaller house helps with that. When the ex moved out I stacked many of her things in the middle of the living room for her. She had a list of things she wanted. It was a massive amount of stuff (read junk.) As things proceeded I would find more things of hers that she had chance at getting.

What she didn't want I donated or gave away to friends after the divorce was finalized. That has been a tedious process. She wanted her wedding dress... I gladly gave her the dress in the box it was in. Her friend ran interference and crossed out what I wrote on the box. Apparently "Cheater's wedding dress" was rude. Hmmm I thought cheating was more rude.

If I get married again I will get myself a nice new suit that I can use, makes more sense than a tuxedo.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:15 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,421,330 times
How long can 3 people seriously talk about Star Wars? This has been going on for 3 hours. You know you need a new job when the only important thing going on, is evidently Star Wars.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
GET RID OF IT!! Bad juju, vodoo and whatever else that goes along with it.
Yeah, I will. I still have the diamonds, though... Guess I'll keep them. The way everything goes, I might fall on them for food in retirement... If I ever retire that is.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That has been a tedious process.
I hear ya. Getting crap in order is not fun, but it's good for the soul eventually.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:02 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,878,873 times
Quote:
I hear ya. Getting crap in order is not fun, but it's good for the soul eventually.
It is very cathartic. I have put a lot of it behind me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships