Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:04 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^It was a response to a question directly asked of me. Your mileage, of course, may vary.
I see, I missed that exchange.

I'm curious now, are you submissive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
My question: how quickly after initially meeting (and dating) a woman do you start inquiring as to whether she is dating other people? How long does it take you to start making it known that you would prefer that she stop seeing other people, that you yourself do not wish to date others and would instead like to see what happens with the two of you? How many dates? Do you have a semi-solid number, or does it depend on the woman?
I usually never inquire. Mainly because I am not interested in a LTR.......I usually let them know that I don't care if they are dating other people.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,441,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishouldknow View Post
It usually comes up around the time we start sleeping at each others places.
]
in this day and age of the SD i have that talk with my lady friend about us not sleeping with other partners if are in a sexual relationship with each other ..if she wants to go with other people then i do not need to see her then..

Old 10-06-2010, 04:27 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
I see, I missed that exchange.

I'm curious now, are you submissive?
I don't think so. I just don't see a reason to have to pick and choose among so many wonderful options, so I prefer them to come to me. It would be almost like saying that any others are not suitable if I made the choice...and I don't think that to be true.

That is, if you're not talking in a sexual sense. If you were, I'm more than willing to trade off on that--neither always dominant, nor always submissive.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:10 AM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times
Many seem very tolerant and flexible with their situations.

If she is with me, she is with me.

You never know what she gets up to with her lady friends though, but I think that is another whole subject!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:31 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Is it possible he was asking because he wants to know whether it's cool that he's still looking around too?

Old 10-06-2010, 10:50 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Is it possible he was asking because he wants to know whether it's cool that he's still looking around too?
If I am to believe what he said during the conversation, then no.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:36 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,324 times
OngletNYC -- My husband directly asked for exclusivity on something like the 4th or 5th date. I told him that I didn't feel ready for such a big step and wanted to move slowly.

I believe that if you handle it in a sweet way and let him know how much you are enjoying his company, he'll respect your wishes. If he doesn't, then he isn't the right guy for you anyway.

In my experience, when a man meets a woman that he's crazy about, he usually wants to jump in with both feet. You have the right to pace things so that you are comfortable. It won't deter a good man who is ga-ga over you.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:47 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't think so. I just don't see a reason to have to pick and choose among so many wonderful options, so I prefer them to come to me. It would be almost like saying that any others are not suitable if I made the choice...and I don't think that to be true.

That is, if you're not talking in a sexual sense. If you were, I'm more than willing to trade off on that--neither always dominant, nor always submissive.
TKramer - You once made a remark on another thread that intrigued me and I haven't forgotten: You said that you have never felt butterflies or experienced chemistry or infatuation with a woman. You appear to be very blase in your attitude towards women, as though they are interchangeable and you can take them or leave them.

I can't help but wonder if it's related to your passive approach. In other words, the women who are approaching you are fine ladies, but they don't really excite you (and that's okay with you).

Maybe if you initiated something with a beautiful women; a woman whom you feel is just slightly out of your league, you'll experience the "thrill of the chase" and rush of euphoria when/if she responds to you positively.

Just a thought.

My apologies for derailing your thread, OngletNYC.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:02 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
My question: how quickly after initially meeting (and dating) a woman do you start inquiring as to whether she is dating other people? How long does it take you to start making it known that you would prefer that she stop seeing other people, that you yourself do not wish to date others and would instead like to see what happens with the two of you? How many dates? Do you have a semi-solid number, or does it depend on the woman?
I'm not in your queried age demographic just yet, but I'm close. I don't even bring it up. I assume they're dating other people and it does kinda bother me, but only until I go out with one of the other girls I'm seeing as well. Spinning multiple plates is the way to go IMO as it keeps you sane in this day and age. When she wants to only see you, trust me on this, she'll be the one to bring it up. Until then, enjoy life and the little harem you've got going for yourself. That's my take on it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships