Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 02:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,461,872 times

Advertisements

The fathers identity should have been kept private, raised the child without his financial assistance and didn't need to take him to court for the child support money, she's a physician.

Of course a judge ruled in favor of an innocent child. Any MD who'd take a case like this to court, risk damaging their medical practice knowing it would be national news has a loose screw. Thankfully the child is very young so they don't have to hear about it from their friends at school.... see a little therapy in their future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 02:44 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,652,271 times
As bad as this woman was to trick the guy into fatherhood, I understand why the judge ruled the way he did. It would set a very bad precedent to rule in favor of the father, because then there would be nothing to keep any guy from claiming that a woman "stole" their sperm and that they shouldn't be liable for child support. Even if the man was not tricked, they could weasel out of their responsibilities by claiming fraud and theft.

It may suck (no pun intended) for the gentleman in question, but there's more to a ruling like this than just this particular case. It would affect future cases as well, so the line has to be drawn somewhere. This dude was just the one to make the line.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:58 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,229,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Nothing wrong with swallowing.
You missed the point. Whatever.

Moving right along...

Old 10-04-2010, 08:06 AM

471 posts, read 1,039,624 times
That would be the craziest gift ever. I wonder now that semen has been determined to be a gift is it then appropriate to give as a gift on Christmas, Birthdays, Hanukkah, anniversaries. And how about semen instead of diamonds or flowers?

All I can say is poor guy and more importantly, poor kid. Dad doesn't want the kid. Mom is coo-coo for cocoa puffs. Mom's husband is still with her. This kid is going to wind up on a talk show some day.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,569,287 times
1. Does Irons agree that she kept the sperm in her mouth, secretly spit it into a turkey baster, and successfully impregnated herself with it? Or is she denying the guy's claims that they never had p/v sex? If that is what actually happened, that's got to be something for the science books. People pay thousands of dollars for fertility treatments with sketchy success rates, but this worked?

2. Is this going to be the newest excuse in paternity court? "I didn't actually bang her, your honor. She just went down on me." And then we have to go all CSI on the woman's crotch. No thank you.

Before I think too much about whether I'm on the guy's side, I'd like to know whether his story is BS.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,433,966 times
Since the sperm lived long enough to be create a viable pregnancy, one can assume the p/h--acid balance in the mouth is quite similar to the vagina???

Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,887,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
That would be the craziest gift ever. I wonder now that semen has been determined to be a gift is it then appropriate to give as a gift on Christmas, Birthdays, Hanukkah, anniversaries. And how about semen instead of diamonds or flowers?

All I can say is poor guy and more importantly, poor kid. Dad doesn't want the kid. Mom is coo-coo for cocoa puffs. Mom's husband is still with her. This kid is going to wind up on a talk show some day.
"That is a cute beaker necklace Martha."
"Yeah, my husband gave that to me for Christmas."
"What's that fluid inside?"
"aaaahhh...aahhh...huuhhh...More punch?"

Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,569,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Since the sperm lived long enough to be create a viable pregnancy, one can assume the p/h--acid balance in the mouth is quite similar to the vagina???
I believe saliva kills, or can kill, sperm. Saliva kills germs and junk in your mouth; that's one of its functions.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,609,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
This story seems to be a couple of years old but I thought I would pass it on

Man Can Sue Woman For Sperm Theft Distress - AP 24FEB05

CHICAGO (AP) A woman accused of using her lover's sperm to impregnate herself without his knowledge can be held liable for the unwitting father's emotional pain, the Illinois Appellate Court has ruled.

Phillips alleges that he and Irons, who practices internal medicine, never had intercourse during their four-month affair, although they did have oral sex three times.

His suit contends that Irons, without his knowledge, kept some of his semen and used it to impregnate herself.

Nearly two years later after breaking up, Irons slapped Phillips with a paternity suit. DNA tests showed Phillips was indeed the father, court papers state.
Phillips was ordered to pay about $800 a month in child support, said Irons' attorney, Enrico Mirabelli.

But the judges agreed with the lower court's decision to dismiss fraud and theft claims against Irons.
They agreed with Irons' lawyers that she didn't steal the sperm.

"She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift -- an absolute and irrevocable transfer of title to property from a donor to a donee," the decision said. "There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request."

So what do you think ?
Do you think he should be able to sue her for stealing?
The Court said that once the property (sperm) is passed on to her (mouth) the property is hers. Do you agree with this ?
Should he still pay child support ?

Oh and Guys the moral of the story is...Umm.. make sure she swallows

Ummmm... yeah. From a medical standpoint, how is it even possible EVEN IF she didn't swallow, kept it in some tube or something that those sperm even survived???
Ok, and maybe they did but how on earth is he going to prove that they never had intercourse. It's her word vs his??

ugh... SOOO glad to not be a man in this situation LOL This sucks balls!!! (oh umm literally) LOL

Old 10-04-2010, 10:42 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,229,549 times
First there were "snowflake" babies.

Now there are "snowball" babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships