Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 01:50 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times

Advertisements

I think your premise that 6'6" is "optimal" is wrong. Optimal for me would be in the 5'10" - 6'2" range (I'm 5'6").

My husband is 6'0" and is a perfect "10" as far as I'm concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 01:57 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
We are all programmed to chase to breed. But notice the short guys that take care of themselves and don't have a tude' problem have zero issue with getting girls. Because they may lack the typical desirable traits they can make up for it in other areas that tall guys lack. Two things I notice short guys do well: Listen and fight. LOL

Funny that its total opposites. I don't think most tall guys bother to do either to the depth a shorter guy will. The tall guy connection and interaction through the visual shows enough dominance for the moment.
Yeah, you see people taking their advantages for granted. If they're really good looking or, in the case of women, they're younger, they know they don't have to work as hard to attract people. That's why it's no surprise when you find people who are really attractive that have lousy personalities. They've been able to get away with it for a long enough time.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:16 PM

379 posts, read 512,749 times
6'6" is based on what I have witnessed. Put two nearly identical looking guys together, one is 6'3" and one is 6'6". Everything being equal, the guy who is 6'6" will attract slightly more women than the guy who is 6'3". According to my theory, the guy who is 6'3" would still be a 9/10, so women would be attracted to him.

I based this on two brothers that I know. One of them is 6'5" and the other is 6'2". They look similar (same color hair, size, and mannerisms). Close in age. Neither are what I would consider 10's, but the taller brother does get (again slightly) more attention from women. The taller one towers over other guys in the nightclub, the shorter one blends in more. I can never find the shorter one, but can usually find the taller one in the crowd. Neither can find me :-)

YMMV, but I have found this theory to be reasonably true in most situations. There are always outliers. Again, I'm not whining or complaining, just observing. I'm not the one who would rather date a tall murderer than a short nice guy :-)

Old 10-07-2010, 02:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
6'6" is based on what I have witnessed. Put two nearly identical looking guys together, one is 6'3" and one is 6'6". Everything being equal, the guy who is 6'6" will attract slightly more women than the guy who is 6'3". According to my theory, the guy who is 6'3" would still be a 9/10, so women would be attracted to him.

I based this on two brothers that I know. One of them is 6'5" and the other is 6'2". They look similar (same color hair, size, and mannerisms). Close in age. Neither are what I would consider 10's, but the taller brother does get (again slightly) more attention from women. The taller one towers over other guys in the nightclub, the shorter one blends in more. I can never find the shorter one, but can usually find the taller one in the crowd. Neither can find me :-)

YMMV, but I have found this theory to be reasonably true in most situations. There are always outliers. Again, I'm not whining or complaining, just observing. I'm not the one who would rather date a tall murderer than a short nice guy :-)
I will say that I absolutely would prefer a man who is 6'6. BUT, I'm also of above average height, so a guy who is 6'6 is still only 5" taller than me...if I wear 3 or 4" heels, he's nearly my height.

So yes, I prefer a man who is above 6'3, but that doesn't mean I'm ruling out dating shorter men. Although from my experience, any guy shorter than 6' won't give me a second glance.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:59 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post

Unless a womens extremely tall the average women i dont think wants somebody THAT tall..

How many guys do u see at 6'6 walking around?

Old 10-07-2010, 03:01 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I think your premise that 6'6" is "optimal" is wrong. Optimal for me would be in the 5'10" - 6'2" range (I'm 5'6").

My husband is 6'0" and is a perfect "10" as far as I'm concerned.
Gotta agree with you. I've dated 6'6". I'm 5'0". It wasn't exactly optimal. LOL

I can sit here and say that I would date a short guy until I'm blue in the face, but the men will never believe it.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:15 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Height and muscle is linked to testosterone and food a plenty

Big boobs are linked to an estrogen dominate body

We are all programmed to chase to breed. But notice the short guys that take care of themselves and don't have a tude' problem have zero issue with getting girls. Because they may lack the typical desirable traits they can make up for it in other areas that tall guys lack. Two things I notice short guys do well: Listen and fight. LOL

Funny that its total opposites. I don't think most tall guys bother to do either to the depth a shorter guy will. The tall guy connection and interaction through the visual shows enough dominance for the moment.
I also think face plays as much a role if were not talking extreme heights on either level..

If a guy isnt extremely short and is good looking hes gonna have more sucess then a tall average or tall ugly guy..

Just being tall alone doesnt make a guy good looking

Old 10-07-2010, 03:43 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Agreed. 6'6" is unusually tall. I wouldn't say it would be optimal at all.

I've dated guys ranging from 6'1" to 5'4" (I'm 5'2".) I won't deny that a guy being taller is a plus, but almost a foot and a half taller would be cartoonish.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:41 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
I believe that really tall men die at a younger age than their shorter brothers. That's a check mark in the minus column from my perspective.

Plus, I imagine the grocery bills for a 6'6" man must be outrageous. I would speculate that a man that tall would spend a lot of time eating and always on the prowl for his next meal. Kind of a turn off for me.

They probably have skinny, chicken legs too.., another turn off.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:32 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
I believe that really tall men die at a younger age than their shorter brothers. That's a check mark in the minus column from my perspective.

Plus, I imagine the grocery bills for a 6'6" man must be outrageous. I would speculate that a man that tall would spend a lot of time eating and always on the prowl for his next meal. Kind of a turn off for me.

They probably have skinny, chicken legs too.., another turn off.
What??????
My dad was 6'4", I assure you that he wasnt "on the prowl" for his next meal, nor did he have "chicken legs", he was a ranked amateur tennis player...
Most of my male relatives are over 6'2", and none of them are as you described....where did you get that claptrap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships