Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:47 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I believe that really tall men die at a younger age than their shorter brothers. That's a check mark in the minus column from my perspective.

Plus, I imagine the grocery bills for a 6'6" man must be outrageous. I would speculate that a man that tall would spend a lot of time eating and always on the prowl for his next meal. Kind of a turn off for me.

They probably have skinny, chicken legs too.., another turn off.

I'm 6'2" and used to be able to squat nearly 800 lbs. I was hungry a lot though. Kind of a wash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 06:04 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
I'm 5'4 and love tall women, (5'10-6'0). I don't know why there's just something sexy about it. I think the problem with short guys is that many of them are insecure and have a complex about it.
This...

Seriously, what is the deal with this incessant preoccupation with height by small men? This thread wreaks of insecurity. I mean how hard is it to accept that shortness isnt an attractive quality to many women, just as fat isnt. I cant believe men have this hard of a time accepting that in the competition that is life, some qualities are more desirable than are others.

Quit being lazy and develop the qualities that you DO have going for you.

And I think the 6'6 optimal thing is a bit of a stretch...not that most people would be able to tell the difference one way or the other...I noticed most short people (under 6 ft) tend to view anything over 6'2 as all being the same height; which is how the NBA is able to get away with telling such tall tales about the heights of its players...the average short spectator cant tell the difference between a 7'0 footer and someone who is 6'5..

Old 10-07-2010, 07:12 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
Here's my theory about height in men:

Ladies, picture the optimal man at 6'6", maybe like a Hugh Jackman or Russell Crowe for the sake of argument. Large, broad shoulders; dark full head of hair, chiseled jawline and abs, kind eyes, perfect physique, tan, well dressed and groomed. Good with kids and animals. Give this guy a perfect 10/10.

Subtract 2 points for every six inches shorter than 6'6" that he is. Therefore, this same guy at 6'0" would be an 8/10. The same guy, with a good physique, well dressed and groomed, etc, at 5'6", would be a 6/10. At 5'0", he'd be a 4/10 at best. A handsome murderer has a better shot than these guys, as proven by the OP's article. That's how much height matters to women. Yes, this theory has been tested and approved by several women that I know.

In simplest terms, a man will get a 1 point reduction for every 3" shorter than 6'6" that he is.

Please ladies- tell me I'm wrong. Lets hear how you are currently dating a guy who is 5'7" and such an amazing guy. Maybe he is a 6/10, but then again, maybe you would also rate a 6/10, so it works. Is this a woman bashing thread- not at all. Everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes. Certainly men can be just as superficial (if not more-so than women) Its a formula that I think comes pretty close to reality based on my experience and the experience I have from other guys I hang with who are both tall and short like me.
Ok. I'm a petite woman and I do not and would not date anyone over 6'0. They are just too tall for me. I do have professors and friends that are between 6'4-6'6 and it can get very uncomfortable at times. I can't imagine myself dating someone that tall. Both men that I've "dated" were 5'11. That's it. I think if I was between 5'4-5'8, I would prefer a guy who is between 6'0 - 6'2.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:03 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Ok. I'm a petite woman and I do not and would not date anyone over 6'0. They are just too tall for me. I do have professors and friends that are between 6'4-6'6 and it can get very uncomfortable at times. I can't imagine myself dating someone that tall. Both men that I've "dated" were 5'11. That's it. I think if I was between 5'4-5'8, I would prefer a guy who is between 6'0 - 6'2.
Are any of those professors/friends single ??

Old 10-08-2010, 01:55 PM

400 posts, read 849,471 times
If you're a man, being taller is like having a larger penis. If some one had a magic wand that added an inch and offered to cast the spell on you, you'd ask them to cast it twice, three times, etc!

Old 10-08-2010, 02:08 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
The Ugly Truth About Beauty - ABC News

Is height really that important to you ladies?

Geesh

I like to feel safe..
My boyfriend is only 5'6" and Im 5'5" I always wear heels so Im a few inches taller than him then. But he has nice big arms so when he holds me I feel safe in his arms.
My sister has always being attracted to shorter men. I wonder if its due to the fact she like to be dominate one in the relationship. She takes the headship role in the relationship.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:15 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_jimerino View Post
If you're a man, being taller is like having a larger penis. If some one had a magic wand that added an inch and offered to cast the spell on you, you'd ask them to cast it twice, three times, etc!
I'm more than satisfied with both. Besides, if I were an inch taller, I'd have to shop for new pants, and that would be a major nuisance. Beyond a certain point, bigger is NOT better.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:35 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Women find taller men more attractive - is this really a news flash for you? It's unfair but life isn't fair, so all you can do if you are short is be the best you can be, and I guarantee you will find someone. Most of us have dating shortcomings; most of us learn to live with it and make up for it.
Most times I agree with you, NYC. News Flash, I love short guys. I'm 5'4. I do have a height requirement. You should be 5'7 to board this ride. My xhubs is 5'10, but my heart is with the shortys. WOOHOO!

Old 10-08-2010, 03:25 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Women evolved to be attracted to taller men naturally. Understanding why that is so is what's allowed me to date women tall and short without issue. Women are attracted to taller men because for our ancestors taller men had an advantage procuring resources and protecting the tribe. And that's the core emotions you need to evoke if you're shorter: safety and security, both physically and from a resource perspective. This is also why women are attracted to men of high social status in that status = resources & protection = survival.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:28 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
EDIT: My thoughts had already been expressed by someone else. Supertrucker hit the nail on the head
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships