Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 05:22 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Do you agree?

1) If a woman has to be the one to initiate a date, he's just not that into her. The "rule" states that if he was into her, he would ask her out.

2) If you call him and he does not call back that day, he's not into you.
If he is interested in you, he will make time even in his hectic day to call you.

3) If after you have become intimate, and it's been two months or longer and he has not initiated the question of being exclusive, he is not into you. A man who is interested in a woman will ask her if she is seeing anyone else and will attempt to steer the relationship into exclusivity.

Agree or disagree?
Those are true for me! But I don't mind being asked out. I would think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 06:26 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
It has nothing to do with effort or not having sufficient interest. The man could be extremely interested in her. But if he's convinced that she has no interest in him --
--then she probably doesn't. Hard truth to hear, but there it is. If you've gotten to know a grown woman and she hasn't responded to your flirting or other signals, she's just not that into you. You may have friends that come back to you a year later and lay it on thick about how much they liked you and wanted you to ask them out, but frankly, that's b.s. If she has the courage to spew that stuff now, she had the courage to send out signals a year ago. Take the saccharine for what it is: The empty flattery of a woman who knows you are not going to approach her.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:45 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
1) Lord knows the number of times I was attracted to some girl but didn't have the nuts to ask her out (still happens, as you can see in my 'how to approach her' thread). I would've been ecstatic if she asked me.

2) Obviously **** happens. If it's an established pattern of not returning your calls in a timely manner and he's not busy working or saving lives or something, then yeah he's probably not that into you.

3) I myself would rather be exclusive with someone before sex.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:14 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Do you agree?

1) If a woman has to be the one to initiate a date, he's just not that into her. The "rule" states that if he was into her, he would ask her out.

2) If you call him and he does not call back that day, he's not into you.
If he is interested in you, he will make time even in his hectic day to call you.

3) If after you have become intimate, and it's been two months or longer and he has not initiated the question of being exclusive, he is not into you. A man who is interested in a woman will ask her if she is seeing anyone else and will attempt to steer the relationship into exclusivity.

Agree or disagree?
100% TRUE!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:10 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,957 times
i seen guys who asked for a date from a lady and would gotten a better answer from wells fargo loan officer than her ..

i mean ladys come on some guys are not going to be as smooth as you want as the leading man in the movies..but give the guy a for the effort that it takes to come over and asked you out..

i seen some of the hottest women i know with some of the goofy guys because the guy treats them nice and makes them laugh about life..

for i been one of the goofy guys dateing a really nice looking lady and could get her to laugh a lot about life in the middle of the E.R. about going on a first date and it to the E.R.with a cocktail dress on .. ..

one of my friend wife is a total 11 and he looks like he was hit with a truck and backed up and hit again and it was done for fun on him and they have two kids and been married for 10 years now..

plus it a simple yes or no answer it does not take three hours of talking it over with your mom and your girlfriends and some lady who forcast the love notes on the internet to meet up and have a cup of coffee someplace to see if you like the guy ..

i allways let the girl pick the place to have meet and greet place somewhere there are on home turf advantage to be allowed to come there first and scope the person out ..

then if that goes well i will give them my number and let them call me if the date.. i have serveral dates from the girl who she give my number to there girlfriend to see if she wanted to go out with me ..

Old 10-06-2010, 12:31 AM

14 posts, read 8,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I agree. I would think if a man was interested in you, he would be inclined to make an effort.
Shouldn't the woman make an effort aswell is she's intrested? It's always the guy who has to do all the work to prove himself to the woman it seems...

Old 10-06-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I wonder how "always end the call first" and "always end the date first" work. What if you are having a nice time with one another? Do you blurt "Well--gotta go! Bye!" out of the blue just so you can end it first? That's dumb.
Women love playing hard to get and making the man work to get her. It's that simple.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:34 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You should NOT sleep with anyone unless you are exclusive.
I don't agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Sleeping with a guy and then asking " Hey are we a couple ? " is just sad..
I DO agree.

Is that weird?

Old 10-06-2010, 05:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphcifaretto View Post
Women love playing hard to get and making the man work to get her. It's that simple.
Oh, we do, do we? I love being schooled by men about what women want and do.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh, we do, do we? I love being schooled by men about what women want and do.
this thread kinda make it seem like it. if not playing hard to get what else do you call women who listen to these rules about how they should always end phone calls and dates first and never call or start talking to the guy and not pick up the first time he calls and all that stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships