Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 02:46 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,904,323 times

Advertisements

1) Somewhat agree. Some men are not as aware as others in noticing whether a woman is "into him", and some men don't really "date". It's perfectly OK for a woman to ask a man to go for "coffee" at lunch time - if he's says yes, he is interested, and he might call you for a date after.

2) No, figure 24 hours - he knows that you called, and he will call you back.

3) Nope. Two months is way too early for exclusivity, figure four to six months. Though when he does fall in love with you, he will want exclusivity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 PM

123 posts, read 279,034 times
Ah--Rules! The problem with rules is that there are always exceptions. Yes, maybe he didn't call because he really is stuck in a ditch with no cellular service, but I think the three listed items are generally true. Maybe if the girl seems completely out of the guy's league and she makes no impression that she wants him to ask her out, she will have to initiate it, but then he's got to take it from there, awkwardness and all.

I agree it's about common sense. Common sense usually dictates that a guy who is really interested in a girl will pursue her...

Old 10-04-2010, 02:53 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,774,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
That's the one I was guessing a lot of guys might agree on. I mean, if you are into a girl you going to take a minute out of your day to call. If you're not into her, it would be very easy to not make that time.
Yes, unless he's playing a game. Trying not to seem too anxious, playing it cool. Maybe he doesn't want to scare her away by seeming too desperate. But if two people are into one another, then it should be fairly obvious despite the little cat and mouse games. There's really not a hard timeline you can put on these things, there's always exceptions.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,380,345 times
If you have to ask if he's into you or even wonder for one minute, he's not into you.

A woman knows when she's being pursued. It's always been really obvious to me. He asks me out, and only me. I know there's no other competition; he actually says it: "I don't want to see any woman but you." He calls every day, if only just to chat. He leaves little mush notes on my door when he swings by and I'm not home. We see each other every day or almost every day -- almost always at his request. Flowers delivered to my home or office say it all. Wants to meet my friends and parents. Talks about getting engaged or married -- making long-term plans. Gifts just for no reason. Special plans on Valentine's Day and other holidays.

This isn't exactly rocket science, people.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:10 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
1) If a woman has to be the one to initiate a date, he's just not that into her. The "rule" states that if he was into her, he would ask her out.

Or he may have gotten the impression she's not into him which is why he hasn't bothered to ask her out. Maybe he's convinced she's out of his league and he shouldn't even bother. Maybe they work together and he doesn't want things to get awkward.

2) If you call him and he does not call back that day, he's not into you.
If he is interested in you, he will make time even in his hectic day to call you.

Or he may just not be able to call because of the nature of his job. This isn't very likely, but it's not implausible either. Maybe he has kids and after work, he's busy getting them home from school, fixing their dinners, helping with homework, etc. that by the time he's free to call you, he realizes it's too late and you might be asleep.

3) If after you have become intimate, and it's been two months or longer and he has not initiated the question of being exclusive, he is not into you. A man who is interested in a woman will ask her if she is seeing anyone else and will attempt to steer the relationship into exclusivity.

Or he's already made the assumption that you're exclusive and doesn't feel the need to ask. You've been sleeping together, you've been together two months, you spend a lot of your free time with him. So it's reasonable for him to assume you're not seeing anyone else and aren't interested in seeing anyone else.

The bottom line with these so-called rules is that they cause more problems than they're worth. The risk in trying to guess what someone else is thinking based on what they haven't done is that you risk getting it wrong.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:14 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Yes, unless he's playing a game. Trying not to seem too anxious, playing it cool. Maybe he doesn't want to scare her away by seeming too desperate. But if two people are into one another, then it should be fairly obvious despite the little cat and mouse games. There's really not a hard timeline you can put on these things, there's always exceptions.
Good point!

Old 10-04-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
1)
Or he may have gotten the impression she's not into him which is why he hasn't bothered to ask her out.
Thats a good point too, DennyCrane

Old 10-04-2010, 03:19 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
He leaves little mush notes on my door when he swings by and I'm not home. We see each other every day or almost every day -- almost always at his request.
That sounds a little bit much for me. I'm in contact with my boyfriend constantly, but if he started swinging by my house uninvited all the time it'd be an issue, and if he started leaving notes at the door I'd be a little concerned he got too much sun over the summer. Also, when we're just dating, I don't want to see each other every day (heck, even when I was living with someone I didn't want to see him every day!), I want to be missed and have something to look forward to.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
If you have to ask if he's into you or even wonder for one minute, he's not into you.

A woman knows when she's being pursued. It's always been really obvious to me. He asks me out, and only me. I know there's no other competition; he actually says it: "I don't want to see any woman but you." He calls every day, if only just to chat. He leaves little mush notes on my door when he swings by and I'm not home. We see each other every day or almost every day -- almost always at his request. Flowers delivered to my home or office say it all. Wants to meet my friends and parents. Talks about getting engaged or married -- making long-term plans. Gifts just for no reason. Special plans on Valentine's Day and other holidays.

This isn't exactly rocket science, people.

That is how I could tell my boyfriend was into me as well. He would bring up stuff in the future and include me in those plans.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:48 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
A woman knows when she's being pursued.
Yep, it's pretty simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships