Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2010, 11:23 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
The primary thing a couple of the guys need to worry about is the written record of their having (if I'm remembering correctly) 'smoked weed' and smoked "finely-rolled Blunt" (page 38).

And that's why Miss Owen is less-than-zero in my eyes. She's admitted, in print...and now over the Internet, that she did drugs. Maybe that accounts for the trite tone of her 'Thesis'. Maybe that's why she was foolish enough to assemble such a thing in a form so easily leakable. I don't think it takes too much Blunt-smoking, before the Formaldehyde does permanent damage. The after-effects of Cannabis are mostly not permanent. But the stupefying effect of the drug lingers for extended periods.

Doing drugs is never alright. At the very least, it is a dangerously conformist act. At worst.... well.... you could do something stupid. Like maybe you could write and share a 'Thesis', about what a depraved piece of 'hookah'/'weed'/'blunt'-smoking garbage you are.

Anyway, now I know why my kids and their friends refused to even consider Duke.

Someone smokes a joint, and she's a piece of filth?

Wait, someone smokes a joint in college, where experimentation is practically de rigeur, and that's why you think she's a piece of filth?

Talk about blowing things out of proportion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 AM

221 posts, read 336,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
^^^This.

Urb, men lie, too. They exaggerate about how many partners they had. It's the ol' double-standard in play.
Quote:
Fake lie-detector reveals women's sex lies - 14 July 2003 - New Scientist
Women are more likely than men to lie about their sex lives, reveals a new study. Women's coyness about their sexual behaviour was unveiled by a US study involving a fake lie detector test.
In surveys since the 1960s, men typically report having more sexual partners and than do women - a statistically impossible feat. For example, British men boast an average of 13 partners over a lifetime compared with an average of nine partners for women.
Scientists previously explained this anomaly by suggesting men were exaggerating their tally, while women were understating their total. But now Terri Fisher at Ohio State University and Michele Alexander at the University of Maine suggest that men are in fact more truthful in such surveys.
Women change their answers depending on whether or not they believe they will be caught out not telling the truth, the researchers found.
I mean why do people continue to say things that simply are true. Some men lie too, true, but not systemically like women about this issue.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Someone smokes a joint, and she's a piece of filth?

Wait, someone smokes a joint in college, where experimentation is practically de rigeur, and that's why you think she's a piece of filth?

Talk about blowing things out of proportion.
I love it, she has no problems with this dame sleeping around yet marijuana is the devil's work. Then again she also thinks there's a wide conspiracy to wipe us whites off the face of the planet, so I guess anything goes.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:19 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I feel sorry for the duke boys. They will live with this for the rest of their lives.

I don’t. It takes 2 to tango. Women talk, whether it’s over the internet or not. They knew what they were in for (maybe not to the extent it reached but still) when they hopped into bed with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I seriously don't get this trend nowadays of women/girls trying to outslut each other. When did it start being cool to be a complete *****, sleeping with any guy that would give the time of day and then having the stupidity to brag about it? Way to go! Good for her! Let's spread herpes even more!!!

I don’t know about you, but I practice safe sex.

I don’t think it’s a trend, it’s something that has always been there but it’s finally reached a point where it’s almost ok for women to just have sex without wanting a relationship. Sigh, maybe some day it will be accepted by everyone. Sometimes, like a man, a girl just wants to get laid. *shrug*

I am not referring to the college girl when I say that btw, it’s just a general remark.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:25 PM

20 posts, read 12,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I don’t. It takes 2 to tango. Women talk, whether it’s over the internet or not. They knew what they were in for (maybe not to the extent it reached but still) when they hopped into bed with her.

I don’t know about you, but I practice safe sex.

I don’t think it’s a trend, it’s something that has always been there but it’s finally reached a point where it’s almost ok for women to just have sex without wanting a relationship. Sigh, maybe some day it will be accepted by everyone. Sometimes, like a man, a girl just wants to get laid. *shrug*

I am not referring to the college girl when I say that btw, it’s just a general remark.

My college roommate was a super alpha player, always had a different girl every Saturday night. One thing he was very meticulous though was about safe sex. He always kept condoms handy in the room, in his wallet, in his pocket.

The condoms protected his p*nis but NOT his groin. One day, he had a genital herpes outbreak with sores all over his groin. The doctor told him that herpes is spread through skin to skin contact and a condom was useless against it. Safe sex is a myth but good luck.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:27 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkiller234 View Post
Safe sex is a myth but good luck.
OUCH. I have been sexually active for 13 years and never had a problem. First time for everything though I suppose!

Old 10-10-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
OUCH. I have been sexually active for 13 years and never had a problem. First time for everything though I suppose!

You might have it but you don't know it. The deep dark secret doctors don't tell you is that when you get tested for STDs, they never test you for HPV, HSV1 and 2( herpes) unless you request for it. Which basically means that they don't test for incurable STDs. They probably get a commission from the makers of Valtrex .

When you are young, your immune system is strong, so much so that you may be able to suppress the symptoms. However, you may have an outbreak when your body is under stress much later in life when your immune system weakens.

Next time when you go in for testing, REQUEST that they include HPV, HSV 1 and 2.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:21 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
So they don't test for AIDS either? Because AFAIK I still get emails saying "donate to the AIDS Cure Research fund!"

Old 10-10-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
So they don't test for AIDS either? Because AFAIK I still get emails saying "donate to the AIDS Cure Research fund!"
They actually do because most people request HIV and "STD" testing together. By default, HSV 1 and 2 are not included in the standard list of tests.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:57 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

The bigger point is this in my opinion. Are we denigrating as a society??
thats an excellent topic for discussion. i think that firstly, things like this have always been going on (OK, maybe not to a very great extent, but i'm sure none of this is all new), but now, given the prevalence of the internet, it all comes to light and becomes public much faster. and then there's also the feedback loop effect, wherein people see others acting in this way and think its OK or actually rewarding for them to behave in a similar fashion, and so on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships