Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 04:02 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times

Advertisements

Indeed folks... When it comes to a one-night stand, it's every man (or woman) for himself. If you aren't able to orchestrate your own orgasm, you shouldn't be shagging strangers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 04:40 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
That sounds remarkably similar to "they knew what they were in for (maybe not to the extent it reached but still) when they walked down a dark alleyway dressed provocatively."

In other words you're "blaming the victim".
Victim? I am pretty sure they weren’t feeling very victimized when they were pounding away at her.

Fine, I take it back if that's what you want to hear... I am very against that whole "he/she was asking for it" attitude anyway.

BOTH parties knew what they were in for. If you’re going to sleep with a stranger and let them see your body and experience you, you can’t be guaranteed they’re not going to talk, or in this case, provide a Powerpoint presentation.

What have we concluded in this damn thread anyway? I wish I’d never started it! lol

Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Victim? I am pretty sure they weren’t feeling very victimized when they were pounding away at her.

Fine, I take it back if that's what you want to hear... I am very against that whole "he/she was asking for it" attitude anyway.

BOTH parties knew what they were in for. If you’re going to sleep with a stranger and let them see your body and experience you, you can’t be guaranteed they’re not going to talk, or in this case, provide a Powerpoint presentation.

What have we concluded in this damn thread anyway? I wish I’d never started it! lol
You are putting on an act, right? I cant believe you are being serious.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:58 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
the way you wrote that makes it sound like you think this woman was a date rape victim or something. She actively scouted out guys and did her best to seduce them (which is not hard to do as a woman if you're mildly attractive and have a pulse, and depending on your target those may be optional), and then wrote up the experiences like a wannabe scientist.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You are putting on an act, right? I cant believe you are being serious.
What are you finding so hard to understand? I am not trying to put on an act or be a smart alec.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
the way you wrote that makes it sound like you think this woman was a date rape victim or something. She actively scouted out guys and did her best to seduce them
I didn’t mean it to sound that way.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:18 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Why would they give a **** about her pleasure when they barely know her?
So then her comments about some of them--because others did know what they were doing, which she spelled out graphically--are justified.

No Don Juan DeMarcos among the lowly ranked, eh?

[youtube]ZQiRtJ6uumk[/youtube]
[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQiRtJ6uumk[/URL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Indeed folks... When it comes to a one-night stand, it's every man (or woman) for himself. If you aren't able to orchestrate your own orgasm, you shouldn't be shagging strangers.
Wow, you must have been with some lousy lays if you had to do it yourself. Poor you. And if you didn't care about their pleasure, I guess women can be lousy lays, too. What would be the point of hooking up at all then? As someone said way back, stay home with your vibrator.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:21 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
I said it before and I'll say it again:

It has nothing to do with numbers and everything to do with conduct.

A woman can be with lots of men and so long as she doesn't behave reprehensibly AND men in her future don't know all about it, no one will ever question.

If a woman was with a few guys but she hearkens back to them, their physical prowess and characteristics and the gory details of her experiences with them all the time then A) you can bet you'll be part of that list someday to someone else and B) it becomes part of how you picture her.

Not numbers; conduct. Things said and HOW they're said give us, for better or worse, subtle clues regarding our standing in a current relationship.

There was a big thread on whether or not women should "settle" some time back -- but you know what no one ever really brought up? No one likes to feel like they're being settled FOR, man or woman -- not in any department.

Some will read that and immediately label it insecure but let me clue those who do that in on a little secret:

NO ONE is insecure about those they don't care about.

Everyone is at least passingly insecure at one time or another when it comes to those about whom they DO care, especially if they care a LOT.

They may not remain insecure, they may feel it fleetingly and it is assuaged, passes on never to be heard from again; but it's one of those things that simply happens. If you find you CARE you'll find you care about how the object of your affections THINKS of you, their opinion -- and no one likes to feel they're being settled for, that the one for whom you care might in some respects prefer someone else.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
A woman can be with lots of men and so long as she doesn't behave reprehensibly AND men in her future don't know all about it, no one will ever question.
Why can't men in her future know about it?

If a guy I am seeing asks me how many men I have been with I am always honest, because I want to be and because I have learnt the truth always comes back to bite you, even if it takes decades, it'll find you eventually.

If he doesn’t like the answer, he’s not the man for me. I don't judge others on their past and I expect the same in return.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

Wow, you must have been with some lousy lays if you had to do it yourself. Poor you. And if you didn't care about their pleasure, I guess women can be lousy lays, too. What would be the point of hooking up at all then? As someone said way back, stay home with your vibrator.
No, I don't do one night stands at all, because I know better than to think the drunk guy I might pick up at my local saloon is going to care about getting me off. I guess your bar pickups have panned out for you. Great for you that those types still get you off, but I would not promote such behavior to women with self-respect. Bar bangs suck for everyone else, most won't luck out like you have. If a gal is going to do it, she better know how to personally ensure she has an orgasm. That may or may not mean digital stimulation, by the way. Taking control means more than masturbation... wow I guess you really have been lucky with your one-night stands, that you are clueless about what it means to take control of your own sex life. You are much better than I would ever be at picking the right guy when you are out partying and drinking. I guess you pick the ones who naturally know how to get you off, I can't knock that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships