Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 02:55 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearNight View Post
How can a person in this case a child be in a "loving relationship with someone" in the first few meetings, never mind first date....?
You can know someone for YEARS and then finally go on a first date with them. Why is this hard for you to conceptualize? I have been saying the same thing for the past several posts, and yet you don't seem to be getting it, so I'm just going to stop here. I can tell you either a) don't read my posts or b) don't understand a single word I am saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The sad biological fact is that women take more of a risk from pregnancy than men do. In fact, I don't believe men have any risk of pregnancy, but I could be in error.
Really? Men don't have the risk of conceiving a child? A women may carry a child, but the child is the responsibility of both parties not just one.

And that is besides the point of moral responsibility. That is a matter of practicality. Both males and females have a moral responsibility to respect themselves and others around them. Does the fact that the woman has to carry the child exempt men from being respectful towards others? I'm afraid I'm not following your logic.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:04 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
Really? Men don't have the risk of conceiving a child? A women may carry a child, but the child is the responsibility of both parties not just one.

And that is besides the point of moral responsibility. That is a matter of practicality. Both males and females have a moral responsibility to respect themselves and others around them. Does the fact that the woman has to carry the child exempt men from being respectful towards others? I'm afraid I'm not following your logic.
Men don't have to "do" anything after donating their seed. And if she doesn't respect herself not to sleep with numerous guys, she has no way of figuring out which one the father might be...

Old 10-13-2010, 06:59 PM

187 posts, read 196,001 times
Over all, I did some thinking about this.

If a guy-man , has a brain , he should take most of the responsibility where behavior is concerned with a girl-woman.
Where, a female would be available for sex on first meetings, the guy should be clever enough to understand that it is a no-brainer dumb move. As well , if the women is this way, she's obviously got some fairly acute emotional problems reaching the self worth department...no doubt.

Disclaimer for ..."AllAboutEve, may I say for express reason in coherence and reasonable management of a topic which is vulnerable to ALL kinds of interpretation , I am referring to first dates and new friends. I have not got a clue why, AllAboutEve is throwing in conditions such as
..."a first date where the couple has known each other for years".... Theres all kinds of conditions that can be thrown into the pot. How could anything ever get resolved ?

Its the mans fault in my opinion, and I am male, that promiscuity is alive and well (as it is)

Woman are women, they are of a luring quality by nature. Feminism has NO chance of qualifying chemical influence in behavior tendency at this point in history. We simply have
1000's of years of gene-survival influence that comprises the contemporary female. Not to mention social expectations for the girl to lure through attractiveness.

Can't men be decent ? Must they interpret sex with allure ? Obviously contemporary men are getting away with demoralizing the female. Females desperate for self understanding in acceptance..? No doubt. If the relationship goes well after first meetings sex ...unfortuanatly its a very very rare thing .. .

A woman is a sexual object...? It would be nothing more than that overview in the event of sex with a girl who is a new friend, whether its ok with her or not makes no difference. This behavior insults both regardless of consent as it betrays the individuality in both . The man should know better, otherwise my opinion is that he is a pig. If the new girl "friend" consents , she has problems and that should be detected by the male. If not its taking advantage. Taking advantage of a girl-womans need for acceptance as a female . Plain and simple

Last edited by ClearNight; 10-13-2010 at 07:26 PM..

Old 10-13-2010, 07:38 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,600 times
It's just not how you start off with quality interaction. Respect, the chase, earning, connection and other things are all off on the first date. You don't even know who that person really is to be honest even though you may feel like you do in your alcoholic state. Even STD free, it's not a good idea if you are interested in a quality relationship foundation. Now if you are looking for casual sex or one night affection, then that's something else.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:15 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
Men don't have to "do" anything after donating their seed. And if she doesn't respect herself not to sleep with numerous guys, she has no way of figuring out which one the father might be...

LOL the courts actually have something different to say about that tk.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post

Duh...? The Courts ? All the courts can do is apply an order to pay money. So what ?
The man still doesn't have to do anything other than "paperwork"
give me a break ! Are u disgruntled ? ha ha ha

The indifferent male simply pays or does not pay. He does not care. He does not have to do anything. If he is short of money or has money problems , he continues to do nothing other than address financial matters which he would be doing anyway.

The statement remains intact. Men don't have to do anything , relative of course to the
reality of on the spot, round the clock presence, in usual needs" of a brand new baby and upbringing....give me a break on this one

Last edited by ClearNight; 10-14-2010 at 11:37 AM..

Old 10-14-2010, 11:55 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Are the courts going to find every guy that you might have slept with in the past week, all 30 or so of them?

Even the ones whose names you don't know or remember? \

As I said, the woman is the one who faces the risks of pregnancy, not the guy.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
No, way of figuring out? That's why there's praternity tests. And that is bedsides the point that I was trying to make. When I referred to a 'moral dilemma', I was not referring to pregnancy I was referring to respecting others. Everyone (men and women) is faced with this decision. I clearly clarified that point but you have still managed to avoid addressing it.

It doesn't matter if you are a male, female or hermaphrodite - you are faced with the choice of whether or not to respect others. Nothing can rationalize this away. You can spout your BS about "spreading seeds" all you want, but that still does not justify using or disrespecting another person.

If I followed your logic, I could justify any number of immoral acts. I could justify stealing, rape, genocide, war, infanticide - all on the basis of human survival mechanisms and survival of the fittest. But we all know that the human experience is much more complex than that. Morality is based on the fundementals of humanity - and that is that we are all human. Maybe if you step outside your little box and realize that, we could finally stop arguing the worthlessness of your postion on "seed spreading".

Old 10-14-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
i think you are assuming a lot, because as long as my kids are protecting themselves i would not care if they did.
Obviously many people are brought up this way. Its not hard to detect promiscuous individuals. Ever heard of Tiger Woods ?
If U are into
carefree sex before commitment , thats who U are.

Air heads are every where, no depth . I don't bother with these types.
They have nothing to offer in mutual regard for the complete, human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships