Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 04:32 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
That's not entirely true, as I pointed out in a previous post that was deleted for some reason. If you'd like examples I'll gladly provide them, but you'll have to ask first.
Deleted because you are taking the thread off topic with your personal agenda.

THIS thread is about yankeegirl getting child support from her ex, not your opinion of child support in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 05:19 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
I am going to hold my head up high walking into that place. I know that I an doing it for his benefit in the long run. It make me sad, that it had come down to this, but this is the way today lives..

Old 10-10-2010, 06:14 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I am going to hold my head up high walking into that place. I know that I an doing it for his benefit in the long run. It make me sad, that it had come down to this, but this is the way today lives..
Good job chicka...you are right you have to do this!

Old 10-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Good job chicka...you are right you have to do this!
It is....Really.. I am even though the ex and I have maintained a decent relationship, its a shame the the damn dirty dollar has to come between us... to support this child.
I mean, if I don`t say anything, he will be fine with taking life the way it is now...us paying his school supplies, lunch money, clothes, wants, needs, and dreams as every 11 yr old has...
B
Anyone can be a Dad, or at least play the role..I think being a "true Dad" has alot to do, more with money....A true Dad is someone who is there for them, 24/7, teaches them about right and wrong, you will go out of your way to see what they want,Be there for him!!!!!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:05 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
It is....Really.. I am even though the ex and I have maintained a decent relationship, its a shame the the damn dirty dollar has to come between us... to support this child.
I mean, if I don`t say anything, he will be fine with taking life the way it is now...us paying his school supplies, lunch money, clothes, wants, needs, and dreams as every 11 yr old has...
B
Anyone can be a Dad, or at least play the role..I think being a "true Dad" has alot to do, more with money....A true Dad is someone who is there for them, 24/7, teaches them about right and wrong, you will go out of your way to see what they want,Be there for him!!!!!
Being a true dad is a very very important job. Much more important than anything else around. More important that flying to the moon, more important than what most people think when they are thinking of starting a family.

I didn't have that good of an upbringing, much chaos in my life.... I was witness to men beating my mom, her issues with men, alcohol, and general dysfunction. Its rough when your 12 and some dude is beating on your Mom, makes you look at the world in a whole another way......

I'm lucky you know why, cause I'm here, many people don't surive things. It makes you think about all of the things in life that are important.

Mrs. Chow is my best friend. She is my rock, she is my life, I love her and she has a bigger heart than most people I've ever met.

Yeah, I know, your teeth are rotting out.. LOL, Thanks for reading this...

Old 10-10-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Being a true dad is a very very important job. Much more important than anything else around. More important that flying to the moon, more important than what most people think when they are thinking of starting a family.

I didn't have that good of an upbringing, much chaos in my life.... I was witness to men beating my mom, her issues with men, alcohol, and general dysfunction. Its rough when your 12 and some dude is beating on your Mom, makes you look at the world in a whole another way......

I'm lucky you know why, cause I'm here, many people don't surive things. It makes you think about all of the things in life that are important.

Mrs. Chow is my best friend. She is my rock, she is my life, I love her and she has a bigger heart than most people I've ever met.

Yeah, I know, your teeth are rotting out.. LOL, Thanks for reading this...
I get ya` Chow, loud and clear!
I feel that I have lived a lifetime that was absolutely horrible...I wanted a child so badly!!! I was blessed with him and I hit my knee`s.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:40 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
B

I agree. I mean like you said in the end you can still provide well on your own for your son, but he is still supposed to do his part. I can see why you 2 divorced :-P he is basically a child himself it sounds like.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:09 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Complete BS. Each person who goes in front of a judge for back child support is given a "purge" amount they must pay, or be sent to jail (and that is only after many, many attempts to collect)....they have every opportunity to keep themselves out of jail....no one is sent directly to jail....especially if they are really trying to do the right thing.

Where did I say sent directly to jail? It is usually about every three months if support is not being met depending on how soon the judge gets tired of excuses and sentences you to jail time.
My point was if her ex is the type who will not pay, he will end up in jail. One should not declare they dont want them to go to jail or pay arrears knowing it can very well be the outcome.
Hopefully, he will get the point and start making payments.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:22 AM

He must knew that I was pissed about the car. He gave me 40 bucks!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:28 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
I Thank God that i'm blessed with four beloved children. I have three daughters & one son.

I adopted my beloved daughter Lori when she was 6. Her biological male figure never did contact her, or help her when she was growing up. It's his loss. She is a Wonderful, Loving girl/now a woman. I'm so Proud of my Lori.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships