Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:55 AM

49 posts, read 74,109 times

Advertisements

I can't really say if she'll be willing to meet halfway, haven't gotten that far yet. She did however travel 50 miles on her own, for me to pick her up for our function the other day. Which I guess was half way.

Last edited by Torredor; 10-11-2010 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 11:03 AM

I really don't mind driving through every few weeks if I know our friendship warrants it. Where I get stuck is, how do I, not make a nuisance of myself while yet getting to know her better through the methods she doesn't like i.e. texting or calling.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:37 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times
When I tell people I dont like texting, calling, or using email.. it usually means I am not interested... in this day and age.. I cant forsee people not using any of those medians to communicate. What does she do? Smoke signals?

Old 10-12-2010, 12:00 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I think that if the drive is already going to be an issue and she's saying she will only do face-to-face, then you should contact her, tell her of your intentions, see if she even feels the same towards you then if so, agree on sharing the driving. Meaning, you drive to her, next time she drives to you. I personally am not a big fan of long distance relationshps but they seem to work for some.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:59 PM

The day I went through to meet her she told me about her brother who has been in a five year relationship and how she's comfortable being single at the moment ... all I'm interested in, at the moment, is getting to known her better. When I asked her to be my date, I told her I didn't want to just use her because I needed a date but that I saw it as an opportunity to actually meet her, to which she replied that she will be my date.

Do you mean telling her I want to get to known her better and see if we can become friends, then seeing how she replies?

Old 10-17-2010, 12:12 AM

It's been nearly a week since we last made contact. Any ideas of a friendly text I could sent through.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:18 PM

Which opening to a, quick-just-to-say-hi, text is better?

"Hi, I suddenly thought of you. Hope all's well ..."

or

"Hi, our exams starts in a week, when do your's start? ..."

Old 10-17-2010, 10:29 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torredor View Post
Which opening to a, quick-just-to-say-hi, text is better?

"Hi, I suddenly thought of you. Hope all's well ..."

or

"Hi, our exams starts in a week, when do your's start? ..."
No, those are corny. I would text that you enjoyed spending time with her and ask if she would be interested in getting together again.

Sadly the cards are stacked against you as she bluntly told you she wanted to remain single, you live far away, and she does not like to text or talk on the phone.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:33 AM

Look I'm a complete novice at this. Please elaborate more on this or provide an example of a text.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:58 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
When I tell people I dont like texting, calling, or using email.. it usually means I am not interested... in this day and age.. I cant forsee people not using any of those medians to communicate. What does she do? Smoke signals?
Exactly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
No, those are corny. I would text that you enjoyed spending time with her and ask if she would be interested in getting together again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torredor View Post
Look I'm a complete novice at this. Please elaborate more on this or provide an example of a text.
I don't know if texting is the best way to ask her out. Call, use the opening line Lyra posted. She'll either say yes or no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships