Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 11:13 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,747,990 times

Advertisements

Is the girl missing or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 11:33 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,286,037 times
Everyone thinks I'm a 10... on a scale to 100.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:39 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,443,515 times
To find a 10/10 who will stay interested in you, means you'll probably need to be at least an 8+/8+ yourself. And compatible in other ways, as well (values, goals, interests, beliefs, ...).

Yes, I found a 10/10 and married her.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:40 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,296,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimThunder View Post
After all, I'm 17 and have never been with a girl.
This says it all.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:51 PM

190 posts, read 491,777 times
Research suggests that we marry others who are similar in looks and opinions. If you're not attracting 10s, as defined by our culture, then don't expect to work some miracle that will captivate a 10. You can only change so much about yourself, such as exercising or making more money. Do what you can as long as what you do does not consume you. Then, get happy about being single. Do what you enjoy. While you're out doing what you enjoy, think of it as having a fishing line with bait in the water. Watch for women who show subtle interest. You'll see them getting near and flicking their hair. Now, some women (and men) will flirt with no intention of dating you. Weed them out by not making sex a priority. This will free up your mind to assess their character. Date the one who has character because she's probably not exploiting you with flirting in order to boost a weak ego.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:14 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,783,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
YES. Of course. Chicks like that become your friend NOT your significant other. The physical attraction HAS to be there for there to be ANY chance to become more than friends.

I have several friends like this. They are all great wonderful women but there would NEVER EVER EVER be any chance for them to become more because they are just not physically attractive to me. That is just how it is.
Really? So in your mind, physicality trumps even a tight spiritual connection?

I find that strange because for me looks wouldn't matter at all if there was a deep spiritual connection or we shared the same cause or battle in life.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:16 PM

15,442 posts, read 21,272,697 times
I guess I have to give God the credit for my beautiful wife of 38 years. There's no way my judgement and looks alone could have found such a perfect life's mate.

At any rate, best of luck if luck is what you are counting on.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:17 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,783,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
Research suggests that we marry others who are similar in looks and opinions. If you're not attracting 10s, as defined by our culture, then don't expect to work some miracle that will captivate a 10. You can only change so much about yourself, such as exercising or making more money. Do what you can as long as what you do does not consume you. Then, get happy about being single. Do what you enjoy. While you're out doing what you enjoy, think of it as having a fishing line with bait in the water. Watch for women who show subtle interest. You'll see them getting near and flicking their hair. Now, some women (and men) will flirt with no intention of dating you. Weed them out by not making sex a priority. This will free up your mind to assess their character. Date the one who has character because she's probably not exploiting you with flirting in order to boost a weak ego.
Nicely said. I concur.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:20 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,813,728 times
I have always found someone's personality can make them attractive. And someone's personality can make them very ugly.

I personally am attracted to intelligence. Nothing more sexy than a guy that can talk about something I am familiar with. I used to make my ex explain hedge funds to me in bed.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:06 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,158,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimThunder View Post
Has anybody had any luck finding a girl who is a 10 in personality and a 10 in looks or anything close? Are there really girls out there who are like thar?

Idk about you guys, but I just love the girls who are attractive but don't think they are or don't flaunt it.
They're exceedingly rare. Although where and when you meet them can greatly change how they behave. At a night in a loud bar or club when 15 guys have hit on them already, their ego will be at full tilt and they likely won't be worth talking to. Now if you catch them at the library or in line at Starbucks it could be a whole different story. Still, that's no guarantee.

I've found that women who had low self-esteem and then got hot later in life are the best because they don't have the over inflated ego and holier than thou attitude. Former fat girls are a good example, so long as you catch them in that phase where they haven't yet realized they're hotties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships