Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 01:55 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
For some reason I get more replies to my pics when I don't smile. Maybe when I smile I don't look challenging enough

This... is more glorious than ever I imagined it could be!

TVSG, most of these places have got room for more than one piccie, so I say we do multiple, some with smiles as you swing the gaff, others with a look of intensity seldom seen this side of Jedi training. In fact, if we really need to rev things up a bit we can include one of the after shots as the fur is removed! Make mention that you prefer to dress your women in luxury of the freshest sort, let 'em wonder just what that means.

Tell me a bit about yourself, some personal stuff (hobbies, preferences in food and BDSM gear, religious affiliation if that sort of thing is important to you, travel plans, etc) and I'll get started right away helping you write things up for best effect!

I'm picturing something like this:

My soul is a blend of Siberian shaman, Grandpa Walton and Woody Allen...

The goal is to see if we can make some of these women interested enough that they want to know what your soul actually smells like! From there it's a short skip on over to charming their knickers right off them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 02:01 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
This is a good picture with a cute furry animal to get a woman's attention.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:45 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Woman are so full of it
Your misogyny never fails to shine through.

Quote:
HUH??? My pics has led to me meeting many pretty women since 2007 but I just didn't have the dating skills to make it go further
If you had listened to even one percent of the advice you've been given on this forum over the last couple of years you wouldn't be in the position you're in now - the 35 year old twit who can't get a date to save his life.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:53 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Your misogyny never fails to shine through.

If you had listened to even one percent of the advice you've been given on this forum over the last couple of years you wouldn't be in the position you're in now - the 35 year old twit who can't get a date to save his life.

Well I will be on 1 date before the month is over since I now have flexibility in my hip muscles. I had a tight siuation for a min

Old 10-11-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Well I will be on 1 date before the month is over since I now have flexibility in my hip muscles. I had a tight siuation for a min
Oh Lord, yet another prediction and another lame excuse. Last time around it was the knees, now it's the poor old hips and it was only about a week ago that you were walking around the mall with the girl who wore sneakers and turned you off completely. The only true lack of flexibility in your body is between your ears ...

Old 10-11-2010, 03:04 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
1. pic with a animal
2. Showing off muscles
3. doing something interesting
4. having fun with friends
5. outdoors
6. drinking
7. travel photos

These all tend to display positive personality traits in addition to physical appearance (with the possible exception of #6 & #2). Example: Owning a pet often requires being caring, responsible, playful and gentle. Someone who posts a photo with their pet is likely this kind of pet owner. These are the kind of instant associations people make when they see a photo. It's not thought-out, but instant "vibes" you get.

These kinds of photos can also serve as conversation starters (ie. "I see you've been to Japan. That's cool - how was it?").

Plus, a lot of guys on dating sites post these web cam shots of their face where the lighting and photo quality is poor, and it makes them look like serial killers.

The more "candid" shots may actually have better lighting, and you'll see more than just his face. The candid aspect also makes your appearance seem more "honest" - this is how you look out & about, not in some setting you've created to look more attractive than you really are.

Regarding the "exceptions", #2 is quite obvious - it shows what his body looks like, although I happen to think it also shows what his ego looks like; in other words, not necessarily attractive. If it's a candid shot on the beach & he has a great body, then sure, it will be to his advantage. Flexing in the mirror with his cell phone, not so hot, to me anyway...

#6 may appeal to partier types, although I suspect not all women would find that attractive (it depends on what else the photo suggested). Having a drink in the photo does not necessarily mean you are a lush though. Context is everything....

Old 10-11-2010, 03:08 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
These all tend to display positive personality traits in addition to physical appearance (with the possible exception of #6 & #2). Example: Owning a pet often requires being caring, responsible, playful and gentle. Someone who posts a photo with their pet is likely this kind of pet owner. These are the kind of instant associations people make when they see a photo. It's not thought-out, but instant "vibes" you get.

These kinds of photos can also serve as conversation starters (ie. "I see you've been to Japan. That's cool - how was it?").

Plus, a lot of guys on dating sites post these web cam shots of their face where the lighting and photo quality is poor, and it makes them look like serial killers.

The more "candid" shots may actually have better lighting, and you'll see more than just his face. The candid aspect also makes your appearance seem more "honest" - this is how you look out & about, not in some setting you've created to look more attractive than you really are.

Regarding the "exceptions", #2 is quite obvious - it shows what his body looks like, although I happen to think it also shows what his ego looks like; in other words, not necessarily attractive. If it's a candid shot on the beach & he has a great body, then sure, it will be to his advantage. Flexing in the mirror with his cell phone, not so hot, to me anyway...

#6 may appeal to partier types, although I suspect not all women would find that attractive (it depends on what else the photo suggested). Having a drink in the photo does not necessarily mean you are a lush though. Context is everything....

You sound like you don't like FAT GUYS

Old 10-11-2010, 03:25 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
No, I think the point was, I don't like serial killers. Poorly lit photos of a guy sitting in his computer chair staring intensely at the camera often look, well, creepy. It also says nothing about who they are as a person, and it doesn't serve to flatter their appearance. You have to be exceptionally good-looking to pull that off.

I've dated guys who were chubby, but being very overweight is not attractive to me, no. I'd venture to guess most people would prefer someone in shape.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:31 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
Quote:
Okay, I gotta ask... HUH?!

Where in her post did you get that from?

Old 10-11-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Okay, I gotta ask... HUH?!

Where in her post did you get that from?
Only the Grasshopper knows ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships