Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 02:48 AM

21,765 posts, read 28,094,478 times

Advertisements

So, I went out to a strip club with my friend who's visiting from out of state. I don't mind it, but nothing I do regularly. More for him.

Anyway, it was one of those clubs that has non-alcoholic drinks at the bar. 2 drink minimum. The girl bartending was very cute. Just my type. We talked for a good 15-20 minutes while he blew his money on lap dances. It was her 3rd night on the job. She told me where her "day job" is at a horse stable, which happens to be in the town I live in. She lives in the next town over (this club is about 15-20 minutes away). Also shared that she was in a controlling relationship with someone she dumped, etc. etc. Was into sharing a lot. Did I mention cute? She seemed too sweet and innocent to be working there, but said one of the bouncers got her the job and she just wants money to go back to school. She knew I was there more for my friend than anything. I'd say I don't give off a vibe of someone that frequents those places as much as she doesn't.

Now I totally regret not saying more. I told her she was adorable when I left, but that's it. Wish I put my number on the receipt or something. Regretting not making a move. Ugh.

I'm thinking I'm past the point of no return to go back and give her my number or something? I mean, it's not like it's a normal bar. It's a freaking strip club. I have a feeling if I went back it would appear stalkerish.

Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 02:51 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
They are all sweet and innocent at first. Then once you get them in the sheets you learn what dirty s**ts they really are.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:54 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Uhm.... yeah. Tending bar is only half a bartender's job. Buttering up their customers for higher tips... that's the other half.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:02 AM

21,765 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Eh she wasn't even good at that honestly. You could tell this was her first time doing any kind of bartending. She seemed a little nervous about it, which made her all the more attractive.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:11 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Eh she wasn't even good at that honestly. You could tell this was her first time doing any kind of bartending. She seemed a little nervous about it, which made her all the more attractive.

Some do that.

I've gone home with 2 bartenders. (One turned into longer)

Both of them picked ME up after they saw (I was recently back from Iraq and in a pretty 'black mood' for a few months) that I WASN'T trying to hit on them night after night.

That's all I got.

ETA: I just remembered... one of them (The short term one) ended up doing it after I got rid of her stalker who was there. (I'm paranoid and very strict about drunk driving, so in that phase of my life I'd often end up leaving at closing time to be sure I was sober.)
That might play a part... (Yes, I'm heckling you)

Old 12-20-2011, 03:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
A girl working at a strip club really raises red flags.. If you want my opinion, I say forget about her and find someone else. Does it really make sense to you, that a nice girl who works on a range with horses just decides to go and get a bartending job at a strip club? Just think about what you'd say to your buddy if he told you this story about a Hooters waitress who was into him...

She could very well be a nice sweet girl who just decided to get a job at a strip club, but that really doesn't sound as logical now does it? I don't think it'd be stalkerish to go back and talk to her, your biggest problem could be paying cover fees and then finding out she isn't there. Just go back there, have a few drinks and ask her out. If she says yes, well good. If she says no, then just don't go back.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:53 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
She could very well be a nice sweet girl who just decided to get a job at a strip club. I don't think it'd be stalkerish to go back and talk to her. Just go back there, have a few drinks and ask her out. If she says yes, well good. If she says no, then just don't go back.
Edited the negatives from the above quote for my opinion. Ten to one if you go back on the same night of the week you met her she'll be there. Good luck!

Old 12-20-2011, 05:02 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,677,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
She could very well be a nice sweet girl who just decided to get a job at a strip club. Just go back there, have a few drinks and ask her out. If she says yes, well good. If she says no, then just don't go back.
I agree, just go back, tell her you've been thinking about her since you first met, that you've been kicking yourself for not asking her out then, and ask her out. I think she'd be receptive.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:12 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Okee-dokee then. Go for it.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:12 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Yes, Good Luck. There really are some genuinely "nice" people left in the world. I worked at 2 jobs, years ago. One as a retail clerk, the other at an all night disco place (my age is showing). And, I was a genuinely nice person, just needed something after hours. Many people thought I looked like a school teacher type.....nice gets you good tips too. So, what's to loose?? Go back, make nice w/ this young lady, whatever you do, do not hit on her, every guy does that. Ask her out for coffee, see what happens date wise, and a breakfast date after Her shift is totally acceptable for someone that works those hours. If She isn't into it, give her a chance to change her mind by leaving her your number then exit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships