Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 12:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
They kind of can. Ever had a blind woman feel your face?
Of course they can! It's not like I'm not gonna feel 500 lbs next to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 12:56 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Of course they can! It's not like I'm not gonna feel 500 lbs next to me.
You calling me fat?

Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post
Yes there is something which you can do. Choose a man like me.
I have no idea what you're 'like', so how can I choose? There are many things I base a decision on, looks aren't super important because I'm attracted to a wide variety of men, height isn't that big of a deal but more of a preference. I'm dating someone who is nearly 6" shorter than I am and he complains about my height constantly. He's a good guy, but at this point his negative qualities are starting to outweigh his positive ones and it has nothing to do with his height or physical attractiveness.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
They kind of can. Ever had a blind woman feel your face?
It worked for Lionel Richie.

YouTube - ‪Lionel Richie - Hello‬‏

Old 07-06-2011, 01:01 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post
True but not having the looks helped me to see what the truth is.
its not the truth though, the only truth is that you don't have the looks. But looks matter and that is fact, now after meeting someone, they don't matter as much, but in the beggining they do.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:01 PM

223 posts, read 166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have no idea what you're 'like', so how can I choose? There are many things I base a decision on, looks aren't super important because I'm attracted to a wide variety of men, height isn't that big of a deal but more of a preference. I'm dating someone who is nearly 6" shorter than I am and he complains about my height constantly. He's a good guy, but at this point his negative qualities are starting to outweigh his positive ones and it has nothing to do with his height or physical attractiveness.
I can only say that you don't know what I'm like but you'd have to start from SOMEWHERE. If you wanted to know what I was like then there's e-mailing/phone calls to at least give some idea.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
You calling me fat?
WTH is talking about you?! It was just an example. In your case, it's not like a blind person isn't gonna feel your beloved beard!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
yes it is a great insight...you just spent a few post stating how looks dont count, blind people obviously cannot judge a person by their looks.
I think he might have thought I was making a really bad pun. Blind ... insight ... har har? I wasn't but can understand if it seemed that way.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:03 PM

223 posts, read 166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
its not the truth though, the only truth is that you don't have the looks. But looks matter and that is fact, now after meeting someone, they don't matter as much, but in the beggining they do.
True but it isn't right so I have to say something so that maybe in a small way (like small ripples) looks prejudice re romance and mating can start to change. I'm just doing my bit.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:04 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think he might have thought I was making a really bad pun. Blind ... insight ... har har? I wasn't but can understand if it seemed that way.
at first I was like 'whoa' I thought you were being sarcastic because I read it out of context, but I realize it was an honest suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships