Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 04:59 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
In my case, height is maybe half the reason. The other half being more mature physically. It has nothing to do with mental growth or personality. As much as I would like to say my personality is the reason women are more forward with me, it's not the case. I was always likable, just didn't have women flirting with me until I finished developing physically.
And women who knew you back then have actually confirmed this assbackwards conclusion that the six years of mental growth/personality development had absolutely nothing to do with your ability to be attractive to them and ALL to do with height? Signed and notarized affidavits, please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 AM

142 posts, read 345,306 times
Why is it so hard to just admit the obvious? Why are people he knew six years ago relevant to his level of attractiveness in the playing field today?...... How often women approach him, smile at him, or let him get his foot in the door when decides to approach.

Women all of the time (and men) who lose weight always talk about how people notice them more, are more welcoming to conversation with them, approach them more, hit on them more, compliment them more, etc. Is it because they are more "confident" (lol), "mature" (lol), or "humble" (double lol)?????

NO. IT'S BECAUSE PEOPLE FIND THEM MORE ATTRACTIVE!!!!! You can be attractive when you're short, but being taller makes you MORE ATTRACTIVE, and opens up MORE COMPETITION. A man or woman could be fat and have an attractive face, but being THIN would make them MORE ATTRACTIVE. PERIOD! There are so many threads about weight and attractiveness on this board. It's the same concept!!!!

Same with height. The guy is telling you what's happened. Many late bloomers tell the same story!

President Barack Obama is 6'2. If he were 5'5, I doubt any ladies would be commenting on how "handsome", "smart" and "attractive" he is (I doubt he would've won the presidency either, no presidential candidate has been under average since Rutherford B Hayes in the 1870s - 5'8 1/2).

HEIGHT MATTERS - IT GETS YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR. EVERYTHING ELSE FROM THERE IS THEN SECONDARY WHEN SOCIALIZING (Body Type, Facial Attractiveness, Personality, Accomplishments).

A tall guy with a so-so face, is going to have a higher market value than a short guy with a flawless face, just like a woman who is thin with a so-so face, is going to have a higher market value than a woman with a pretty face and is 100 lbs overweight!

Last edited by Ooga Booga; 07-12-2011 at 07:12 AM..

Old 07-12-2011, 06:52 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,246 times
Height only matters if you're superficial. in a healthy relationship ASTHETICS size, race religion, how much $$ you have do not matter.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:17 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
Height only matters if you're superficial. in a healthy relationship ASTHETICS size, race religion, how much $$ you have do not matter.
but to get into a healthy relationship, one does need to attract other first..no?..so physical attraction do matter at least in the beggining

Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
but to get into a healthy relationship, one does need to attract other first..no?..so physical attraction do matter at least in the beggining
pheromones more so then physical attraction. I have gone out with people i never thought i would have and i was not orig. Physically attracted to them. We became friends and one thing led to the other LOVE IS BLIND!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
pheromones more so then physical attraction. I have gone out with people i never thought i would have and i was not orig. Physically attracted to them. We became friends and one thing led to the other LOVE IS BLIND!
so in your opinion your way of meeting people is what happens to most people?..OR, is it based on physical attraction initially?...I would say both are possible, but in my opinion when you look at someone across the room, its what you see, not what you smell (they are across the room afterall) that will attract you.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:49 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
And are you in a good relationship right now? Is he in love with you and foreswears all others, is faithful only to you?

Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 AM

406 posts, read 580,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooga Booga View Post
Why is it so hard to just admit the obvious? Why are people he knew six years ago relevant to his level of attractiveness in the playing field today?...... How often women approach him, smile at him, or let him get his foot in the door when decides to approach.

Women all of the time (and men) who lose weight always talk about how people notice them more, are more welcoming to conversation with them, approach them more, hit on them more, compliment them more, etc. Is it because they are more "confident" (lol), "mature" (lol), or "humble" (double lol)?????

NO. IT'S BECAUSE PEOPLE FIND THEM MORE ATTRACTIVE!!!!! You can be attractive when you're short, but being taller makes you MORE ATTRACTIVE, and opens up MORE COMPETITION. A man or woman could be fat and have an attractive face, but being THIN would make them MORE ATTRACTIVE. PERIOD! There are so many threads about weight and attractiveness on this board. It's the same concept!!!!

Same with height. The guy is telling you what's happened. Many late bloomers tell the same story!

President Barack Obama is 6'2. If he were 5'5, I doubt any ladies would be commenting on how "handsome", "smart" and "attractive" he is (I doubt he would've won the presidency either, no presidential candidate has been under average since Rutherford B Hayes in the 1870s - 5'8 1/2).

HEIGHT MATTERS - IT GETS YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR. EVERYTHING ELSE FROM THERE IS THEN SECONDARY WHEN SOCIALIZING (Body Type, Facial Attractiveness, Personality, Accomplishments).

A tall guy with a so-so face, is going to have a higher market value than a short guy with a flawless face, just like a woman who is thin with a so-so face, is going to have a higher market value than a woman with a pretty face and is 100 lbs overweight!

Thank you. Coming from a late bloomer, I can confirm this. I love how the female posters are getting all defensive. Yes ladies, you're just as shallow. Stop denying it. You're horrible liars.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:04 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Thank you. Coming from a late bloomer, I can confirm this. I love how the female posters are getting all defensive. Yes ladies, you're just as shallow. Stop denying it. You're horrible liars.

Of course looks matter, I don't think anyone is denying that. From my experience though, women tend to put A LOT less emphasis on looks than men do. I've worked in all male shops (Including right now) where I'm the absolute only female and after the first few weeks of being 'nice', the men always go back to being being guys and pretending I have a penis. That's when the real fun happens... every single group of men I've been around have absolutely torn apart women's looks when they're not around. I developed some pretty terrible self esteem issues after working at my first auto shop and simply hearing them talk so horribly about women. Not their personality...oh no, just their looks. They didn't give a flying crap about personality. These were men from the ages of 16 to 75 and boy would their attitude change when their wives/girlfriends etc. came around.

My girlfriends however, would talk about how sweet, or mean or intelligent the men in their lives were. Rarely would someone mention looks unless it was in passing. I've met plenty of pretty women with so-so looking husbands/boyfriends, but I've rarely met a really handsome man with a so-so looking wife/girlfriend.

Now, judging by all the 'height' stuff, men love women with huge boobs, right?? I mean, there's a night and day difference in the attention I get when I wear a low cut shirt than when I wear a high cut baggier shirt. If you disagree with me, YOU'RE A LIAR!!!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 10:05 AM

402 posts, read 1,406,237 times
Default So what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I think if both parties' feet reach the ground when they're standing, it's all good.
I agree. +1^

Wow! This thread is pretty long and pretty old (10/10/10). Forgive me, but I am going to post before reading more than the above quote. I'll be back to read and rep later.

I feel that there are many other things that would be deal breakers, but not height. Even if someone was a little tall or a little short. . . So what?

5'9" is an average height.

I would assume that friends would say silly things IF he was a "little person" or a "giant", but he is of an AVERAGE HEIGHT. Get over it.

THESE friends are shallow--IF that is all that they care about. They should care about the relationship and how he treats your daughter.

Last edited by Justin Time; 07-12-2011 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: added date 10/10/10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships