Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 03:08 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Ahhhh didn't you finish high school last year? If so i can remember all the amounts of young promises i have heard from people .
I graduated high school in 09. But I mean it when I say I'm never having kids. Just trust me on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 03:27 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
This is what I have a problem with. When people suggest being gay (and you're not the first poster). Just because I don't want kids and don't have sex with females doesn't make me gay. I don't have sex with males either.
It makes you a eunuch.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:28 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Why would you ask me a question then put me on ignore? Don't you want to see my answer? Typically, when people ask a question, they want an answer. I do you a favor by answering your question, but you put me on ignore so you won't see my answer unless someone quotes me. My answer to your question that you asked . Makes no sense.

And on this post, you ask me another question. Maybe you still have me on ignore. But you asked the question so I take that to mean you want an answer. So I'm going to answer:

I've already explained this, but maybe you didn't understand. When I said "this coming from someone with a kid" I was responding to your post where you said I choose live without sex when I don't have to. Regardless of whether he was planned/wanted, that doesn't change the fact that you have a kid. And why do you have a kid? Because you had sex. My point was that even if you didn't want a kid, it might have happened anyway since you had sex. You don't mind that sex led to a kid (and you even wanted sex to lead to a kid), but I would mind. I don't want a baby. That's why I don't have sex. Someone with a kid, planned or not, is in no position to tell me I don't have to live without sex.

And I'm not opposed to taking chances. But there are some chances I'm not willing to take, no matter what. Having sex is a chance I'm not willing to take. That's a big chance because like I said earlier, a baby is such a long commitment. Even though birth control works 90% of the time, the thought of what would happen in the case of failure is so undesirable to me that sex is just not worth it. The thought of everything I would lose by having a baby offsets anything I would gain from having sex. I like to think of the positives vs the negatives. If the negatives outweigh the positives, it's not worth it to me. Besides, 90% is not even very safe. That means (on average) birth control would fail if you have sex 10 times. It could fail the first time. Some people have gotten pregnant the first time they had sex.

Here's an analogy: You're at the zoo and you have an opportunity to go into the lion's den. You're told there's a 10% chance that the lion will maul you. Would you take that chance?

You have an opportunity to walk a tightrope over a pit of fire and there's a 10% chance of you falling in. Would you take that chance?
City_data, I asked you rhetorical questions.

And please refrain from leaving me rude rep comments, in the future, to get around the "ignore" feature. When I say I want to ignore you, it means I want to hear NOTHING from you, nor do I wish to continue arguing with you.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:36 PM

I don't care if the question was rhetorical. You made it sound like I had no reason to mention your son. All I was doing was explaining why I mentioned him. I don't care if you don't see this. The other posters will see.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:01 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,471 times
Months or until it's right - hint- that's not over drinks and the b.s. of a couple of dates.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:06 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Months or until it's right - hint- that's not over drinks and the b.s. of a couple of dates.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
17 dates. For real. I'm not joking.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I don't care if the question was rhetorical. You made it sound like I had no reason to mention your son. All I was doing was explaining why I mentioned him. I don't care if you don't see this. The other posters will see.
Also, when you ask a poster what their point was, that doesn't sound rhetorical. When they explain and you still ask what their point was, that sounds even less rhetorical. It makes it sound like you really want to know and you didn't understand what I meant.

If someone said something I didn't like and I didn't know why, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. I would give them a chance to explain themself. I wouldn't go off on them just for saying it.

And this wasn't even an argument. This was just a discussion until you decided to go off on me.

Does anyone else agree with me?

Old 10-27-2010, 03:06 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
I disagree with the birth control failure rate that you posted. Abstinence is 100% effective in theory but in practice it has a 25% failure rate.

The pill is 99.7% effective with perfect use and in practice has a 5% failure rate. The Patch has a mere .1% failure rate. Compare that to male sterilization which has a .2% failure rate. The birth control patch is twice as safe as male sterilization! Source = americanpregnancy.org

I think if you live your entire life without intimacy because of a very small risk, you are cheating yourself out of a life fully lived. You have that choice, of course. But what concerns me even more is that you'll some day find yourself in a passionate moment and being unprepared, you'll decide to use the withdrawal method with unfortunate results.

Having said all of that, I should tell you that my youngest child was the result of failed IUD, which has a failure rate of 2%.

It's also interesting to me that nearly 40% of pregnancies in the US are unplanned. I can't remember my source but I read it recently. In my state, I recently read in the newspaper that 50% of all pregnancies are unplanned. Interesting, isn't it?

Old 10-27-2010, 03:08 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I disagree with the birth control failure rate that you posted. Abstinence is 100% effective in theory but in practice it has a 25% failure rate.
What??

Are you suggesting that I am somehow ejaculating, and that sperm is flying through the air...and having a very high chance of impregnating a woman??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships