Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:41 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
So you want to live like a robot, get your equal ration of food & money regardless of your effort, so that you too have an equal chance at love? My presumption is that you're broke, single and still looking, am I right?
I was thinking the exact same thing - great minds

You know how it is, only men with too much time on their hands and no one to share it with would be posting such drivel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 07:42 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I am open minded enough to believe you have a right to your opinions and a place in this country, no matter how misguided, misinformed and poorly undereducated you are

And I Disagree With You, But I'm Pretty Sure You're Not Hitler.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:43 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Depends. Can a person with no job or income still find love? Do they have a GOOD chance of finding someone who will accept them in their current position without expecting it to change? That will still love them?

Will people remain with a spouse that's lost their job? For richer, for poorer, for better, or for worse?

If the answers to these questions are "yes", then it hasn't affected love at all.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:46 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing - great minds

You know how it is, only men with too much time on their hands and no one to share it with would be posting such drivel.
But aren't you both buying into the very doctrine that I am questioning? That a person needs to compete with money and status for love. Wouldn't social relationships benefit if people , you both included, didn't have to be concerned with being rejected for not being rich enough or important enough?

I'd like to think that I wouldn't judge either of you based on how much you made or reject you as a possible partner and I'm hoping you would do the same for me. But with the world run by money, it gets impossible to tell.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,841 times
now people that cant pull girls are gonna start blaming capitalism?

Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
So you want a whole new economic system where people who work hard don't benefit from their hard work so that losers who can't score now CAN score because they don't look quite as much as a loser anymore

Old 10-12-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Depends. Can a person with no job or income still find love? Do they have a GOOD chance of finding someone who will accept them in their current position without expecting it to change? That will still love them?

Will people remain with a spouse that's lost their job? For richer, for poorer, for better, or for worse?

If the answers to these questions are "yes", then it hasn't affected love at all.
Good point.

In the last 2 years my husband was out of work 18 months (12 months the first time and 6 months the second). We are still happily married

So looks like we've disproved the OP's "theory"

Old 10-12-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
But aren't you both buying into the very doctrine that I am questioning? That a person needs to compete with money and status for love. Wouldn't social relationships benefit if people , you both included, didn't have to be concerned with being rejected for not being rich enough or important enough?

I'd like to think that I wouldn't judge either of you based on how much you made or reject you as a possible partner and I'm hoping you would do the same for me. But with the world run by money, it gets impossible to tell.
Not impossible in my world - I've lived it and money is nothing next to the love and trust I have in my marriage.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:10 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Wouldn't social relationships benefit if people , you both included, didn't have to be concerned with being rejected for not being rich enough or important enough?

That's why you look for someone who you are compatible with, find someone who shares those same ideals and philosophies as you. Or is that you're having a difficult time finding someone who shares those beliefs and is a perfect ten in your eyes? I'm sure there are plenty of women out there who feel the same way, maybe you are overlooking them for your own biases?

Old 10-12-2010, 08:43 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:

I think Coolhand nailed it and I, like Loves and many others, have proven it by virtue of our relationships.

I certainly didn't get married for money, but for the love of a person that shared many common goals with me (attraction & chemistry aside).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships