Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:36 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
I stopped reading here and became disappointed
Thank you. Yes, that was quite the generalization. The OP should speak for herself, and not for her gender, when it comes to pointing out her character flaws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 07:47 PM

356 posts, read 829,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Thank you. Yes, that was quite the generalization. The OP should speak for herself, and not for her gender, when it comes to pointing out her character flaws.
Keep on topic, or keep your comments to yourself & off my posts.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb18 View Post
I'm sorry... are you a mod, here?

I thought addressing something you actually stated WAS on topic? No? Or you just didn't like what I said?

Old 10-12-2010, 07:50 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
Quote:
Wow, you're awfully rude, and when you post something on a public forum, you don't get to censor the responses. The topic is your original posting, and everyone in the thread is perfectly on topic.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Wow, you're awfully rude, and when you post something on a public forum, you don't get to censor the responses. The topic is your original posting, and everyone in the thread is perfectly on topic.
+1

(couldn't rep ya)

Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Just turned 30...
Okay, here is my best advice for you...

You are WAY past the age when you should gotten beyond playing games in a relationship.

You are also old enough to realize you have some serious work to do on yourself, which you can't/won't do when you are distracting yourself by playing games and snooping.

So...find a good therapist or just an adult mentor who is actually living a successful life in a successful relationship, and spend some time learning.

If you do not get to the bottom or your issues, your insecurities you will never attract a decent, mature, emotionally healthy mate.

Until you do the work you need to do on YOU, the only men you will attract will be the kind you currently have.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:03 PM

356 posts, read 829,967 times
Right, yeah. My bad for asking for some advice / suggestions & thinking I might actually get some real responses. Thanks for a good kick in the face. Exactly what I needed right about now.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:09 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
No one is kicking you in the face. You asked for advice and you got it, whether you wanted it or not. You should not snoop on a guy you are in a relationship with. If he wants to be with you, he will stay...if he doesn't, he will leave. It is really that simple. If you snoop, you run the risk of running him off. Also, you can't tell people what to say on a thread just because you started it. You don't own it...you just opened it for discussion. Also, when you make generalizations, you are going to irritate people because all people are different. For instance, I am not jealous and have never snooped on a guy I was in a relationship with.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:11 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
Quote:
Right, yeah. My bad for asking for some advice / suggestions & thinking I might actually get some real responses. Thanks for a good kick in the face. Exactly what I needed right about now.
I responded to your thread trying to help asking for clarification and you didn't respond. You're acting as if you were personally attacked on this thread and you're being a little dramatic. If you post, you should expect a wide range of responses, some of them critical. I have gotten a lot of criticism in my posts, but I've learned to have a positice image over the past year and a half so I view nothing with such gravity.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:23 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
You don't have any problems. All your flaws are a result of your gender and can't be helped. Its impossible for you to change and become more mature in the way you deal with your relationship(s). There. Are you UN-kicked in the face?

Way to be dramatic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships