Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:08 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,621 times

Advertisements

here is something i have notice about dateing as i gotten older in this world..

one-you can a little wieght on or be a more of full figure type ..i perfer the more full figure type anyway

two-your looks are ok but it how you live you life and how you treat others is where iam at in this point of my life ..

three -- your past is your past there areas of our own past i would love to gone back and change but it in the past..

four --i do not have a problem with a women haveing a kid still in the house for i understand the basic need in that area to take care of them and things will happen no matter how hard to try to not let them happen there just going to happen .. but once they are there own it time to cut the strings in some areas of life but in a emergency i can understand the need to go and see what the problem is ....

five -- i more of a bookstore or a movie type of guy than a let go to a bar and hang out it ok for here and there with people but not a everydate thing to do ..i did it when i was younger now that iam older do not care for it ..

six--your dateing me not me and my friends so i would like the same from you about us dateing ..

seven --when spending the night at my place remember i have stange habits from years of working places that where a little rough and tumble so i have a few stange habits when i sleep ..so when i sleep with something stuck in the boot do not move the boot away from the bed plus put the base bat back where you found it for it a place i know i have something ..and do not mind the odd shaped box in the fridge for it hold something to welcome those late night guest who over stayed there welcome that will have someday in our life.. ..

plus the dog does sleep in the bed with us and yes i know he is the same of a shoe but he has his area at the foot of the bed and i have my area when sleeping and it works for us ..so tell me if do not want to spend the night at the house and i make others things happen for us to spend the night togerther .. ..

plus i sleep on a super thick futon on the floor for it great for my back and i sorry that it not you cup of tea but it more for my back health at my age i trying to stop the damage i did when i was younger and more stupid about how to treat your body ..

eight -- i sleep and work odd hours so if i do not call you right back i am a sleep or at work and can not get to the phone right then and there .. only after 24 hours if have not heard from me from a phone or a note from me on the front door left for you at 5.am in the morning to see as you go out the door in the morning .. then you need to call the police about something has happen to me ..

so those are some my simple rules about dateing ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 09:01 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
How old are you? 16?

Old 10-13-2010, 09:15 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,836 times
he actually sounds to be about 45, he sounds particular about certain things but outside of that laid back, i would assume he is an aquarius because he sounds a lot like a friend of mine, except for all the weird boot, thing in the fridge and the futon, you know they make tempurpedic now...

Old 10-13-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
he actually sounds to be about 45, he sounds particular about certain things but outside of that laid back, i would assume he is an aquarius because he sounds a lot like a friend of mine, except for all the weird boot, thing in the fridge and the futon, you know they make tempurpedic now...
no iam 51 iam a evil twin member of the family of astrology-- a gemini

i have made a few people mad and they have been a few little problems with them here and there something and they have tried something one or twice ..

one tried to shot me when i was sleeping in the front room and other broke into the house and tried to shoot me there over something that went on in my line of work plus a few people over the years have take shots at my car my apt and myself when i been outside of work ..so it better to have it and not ever need it and to need it and not have it in my way of thinking ..

so the boot stays next to bed with the 1911 in it for safety reason ..the bat is next to the door ..so the little snub nose revolver goes into the fridge as a back up plan ..

the futon was more on a back doctors order ..i have tried the tempurpedic and it still made my neck and back hurt for i found it did not have enough hard support for what i need to have when sleeping ..the futon on the floor and the floor has done wonders for my back and neck and in the last couple of years after beening hurt and started sleeping on the floor with a futon pad as a mattress i do not get that many back and neck spasms anymore ..so it must be working ..

Old 10-13-2010, 01:44 PM

661 posts, read 1,251,422 times
When I started dating in my mid 50's after years of being married was surprise at the aggressiveness of 45-55 year old women. A lot of ex husbands were apparently not paying much needed attention to their wives. Quite the opposite of 35 years ago when men were the ones pulling at zippers.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Wow henry, you sound pretty good to me. Any guy who hangs in bookstores and goes to movies wins with me.

Ishouldknow, when you don't have to worry about getting PG any longer, you feel so much more excited for sex!

Old 10-14-2010, 12:29 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
The older I get the less important rules become.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:58 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Good post, Henry! Your second point rings particularly true for me.

I also have some...let's call them unusual...habits when it comes to sleeping patterns and home defense. If a partner/date/whatever cannot deal with them, the front door is always available for their exit. Those habits have kept me alive to this point - I'm not dumping them simply because some female takes offense or questions my sanity.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:58 AM

one of my girlfriends i date was pretty good sport after haveing the front window smashed in at the apt one night ..

she said i like you and i enjoy the company that we keep and i still see you but for now on i think it be better if you and the dog spent the night at my place ..she lived in a gated area and it was a lot safer for her in the long run of the spending the night of her place instead of spending the night at my place .. i spend the night over there as we where working to clean up the place where at the time

some of the local drug dealers where a little mad that we had shut down there corner dealing spot and was enforceing a no drug dealing zone in the area where we had the bar for we where going to lose the lics of the place if we did not get it cleaned up and be quick about it for the city of philly was going to yank all lics that we had there

it was explained to the local people that you have a choice is go back to the area you came from and do your thing for we do not want it here and it got to a part where somethings got a little tight in the local area with the dealers but after awhile they understand that there are more of than them in the matter and we had meaner people in the crews to deal with them in the matter of explaining to them that it would be a bad idea about doing something stupid to us or to our people who worked there ..so it got to be a little tight at times over somethings that went on ...

Old 10-14-2010, 05:02 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
There is no "e" in dating and having.

There. I said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships