Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:10 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizeguy1032 View Post
Age 44, divorced, 2 kids, aged 21 and 6. Wasn't married to the oldest childs dad, was to the youngest. Was physically abused by the dad of oldest, divorced the father of youngest due to his infidelity. Was sexually abused by a bf and aquired HSV2. Bio dad abandoned her at age 7 and then stepdad did same at age 12. has no contact with either since. Her mom has been married 4 times. I know everyone has their issues but is this too much to overcome?
Depends on how often the HSV2 breaks out. If both people have it and are on Valtrex, it isn't that big a deal anymore. It's not like they have HIV or Hepatitis.

I would personally never date anyone with HSV1 or HSV2 because I scar really badly from anything, even a small skin scratch leaves a permanent dark mark. And I can't afford to look like pineapple face.

All the other stuff I think it just depends on how well she deals with it. If she continues to look into her past or blame people from her past for her current problems, it might be problematic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 11:13 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
No. Too many issues. Too old for me. (I'm 19)

Old 10-13-2010, 11:16 PM

21 posts, read 56,506 times
No!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2010, 12:27 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
You need to judge her on how she treats YOU, not on her past. Everyone has baggage. EVERYONE.
Agreed. But some people pack light and some pack heavy and this woman needs a shipping container...

Old 10-14-2010, 05:28 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Hell awwww, that's too much baggage even for me. As time goes on, she would expect me to pay for the mistakes of sorry-ass men who done her wrong in the past.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:47 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
She would make an awesome FWB. Nothing else.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:53 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,930 times
Quote:
Age 44, divorced, 2 kids, aged 21 and 6. Wasn't married to the oldest childs dad, was to the youngest. Was physically abused by the dad of oldest, divorced the father of youngest due to his infidelity. Was sexually abused by a bf and aquired HSV2. Bio dad abandoned her at age 7 and then stepdad did same at age 12. has no contact with either since. Her mom has been married 4 times. I know everyone has their issues but is this too much to overcome?
No, no, and, oh yeah, NO! Just a pile of baggage and red flags galore.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:04 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
As time goes on, she would expect me to pay for the mistakes of sorry-ass men who done her wrong in the past.
I dated one gal with baggage...but not this bad....and that was exactly my experience.

I learned that I need to date people that have similar views on relationships to my own and that I sure as heck don't want to have to deal with the consequences of 20 years of bad decisions.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:10 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:
Hell no. Too much baggage.

if she had sought the means to overcome her issues, then perhaps.

Another aspect is she has kids. Another reason for no-no.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:32 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times
Well, in my opinion, she does need a GOOD/DESCENT guy in her life but also needs to stop picking the abuser types. Yes, she does have baggage.........so? Don't many of us have baggage in one way or another? As far as her kids go, that part depends on how behaved/disciplined the kids are. Getting involved with a lady that has been thru a lot of crap, plus has kids can be a challenge, no doubt about that, but that don't bother some men. My wife, at age 51, was living with her mom when I met her. I was sort of shocked about that until I was told why (financial) and then I fully understood. The only transportation I had when I met her was a motorcycle, she understood when I told her why I only had a motorcycle (financial). Her "living" and my "transportation" was the only so-called "baggage" we had and we worked that out fine. Been married almost 10 yrs now. By the way, I'm only 1 year younger than her.......both from the same generation......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships