Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 11:48 AM

400 posts, read 846,884 times

Advertisements

My favorite interpretation of this scenario from this thread so far is that the guy must be a pedophile if he likes kids. (or just pretended he liked kids or just that he was OK with her bringing her kid and tried not to frown when he said that he was OK with it) Even though the term "excited" seems to have by used by some one else to describe him.

Anyway, I figure the guy actually does not like this idea much at all but either felt cornered by the bizarre situation or thinks its some kind of father material test that he has to pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 11:51 AM

593 posts, read 1,655,675 times
I would never date a woman with a child so....

Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,672,040 times
There is so much wrong with a woman taking her 14 month old child to meet a stranger and he IS a stranger, no matter HOW long they have talked on Chemistry.com

I have went out with dates men who had kids and they did not have me meet the child until after we had some dates and the dates were getting more serious.

I hope she is not the easy trusting type because there are men who are known to frequent sites specfically for women who have young children with ill intentions.

The fact that the FIRST date she wants take the child tells me maybe she is trying to * win over * the guy, but at what price , her childs ?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:44 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,596,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
She's typically one of those people who are totally obsessed with their kids and what I think is that she probably wants to see if the guy connects to the child and from there she will determine if he's worth keeping or not.
is my reaction too. It's fine to see if your child connects with the person you're dating. But there's a time and place for that and that's NOT on the first date. And most guys resent being tested.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:32 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,430,086 times
i see in a diff way light than most people so i tend to think diff on the subect of dateing and childern ..i was a widower so i look at dateing in a diff way ..my youngest was 12. and my next in line was 14 and the third was 16 and the oldest 18 and out of the house.. so i had three kids in the house so when i did start to date i never bought them around the house ..

it was only when my youngest at the time was 16 told me it was ok to have a women spend the night as she told me this you do not think we know as a group that when you pack us off to the family one the weekends that you do not have a person over here at night ..she said everybody has figure this out dad it not the big serect that your trying to keep from everyone in the family we figure this out about a year ago that you started to date again plus we found the girl panties in the cloths basket in your room and knew they where not moms type that she wore.. .. ..

so it better to talk to the kid to see what they feel about it also ..

Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 PM

10,165 posts, read 20,708,050 times
Bad idea. Why would anyone want to subject their child to that? Why would anyone want to subject the person they are dating to that? It's just wrong all around. First dates are not the time and place to be meeting someone's kids for the first time.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:27 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,538,652 times
Folks, I really wish she could see your posts, then maybe she'll understand. It's not too late though, the date is tomorrow so I'll try to talk her out of it tonite (just the not taking the child part).

Old 10-14-2010, 02:53 PM

326 posts, read 833,080 times
Whatt thee funkkk..........

As a single mom I cannot even wrap my big juicy brain around that!!!!

What a crappy move on her part.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:34 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,077,142 times
Quote:
How would you feel about this? Let's say she asks you if it's okay to bring her child with her, what would you say? Assuming you like her a lot and you've already clicked very well in so many areas.

I'm not sure why my friend thinks this is totally fine. She even had this wide, satisfied grin all over her face when talking about it. She says her date is very excited and looking forward to meet the child. I personally think the guy just felt awkward to say no, so he decided to go along with it.

Of course at that point I really didn't know what to say to her, so I kept quiet.

First date no..after you get to know the person then you introduce the kids.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:15 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,510,596 times
Quote:
How would you feel about this? Let's say she asks you if it's okay to bring her child with her, what would you say? Assuming you like her a lot and you've already clicked very well in so many areas.

I'm not sure why my friend thinks this is totally fine. She even had this wide, satisfied grin all over her face when talking about it. She says her date is very excited and looking forward to meet the child. I personally think the guy just felt awkward to say no, so he decided to go along with it.

Of course at that point I really didn't know what to say to her, so I kept quiet.
The answer would be "No." At this point she would already know that I was not interested in an instant family.
If she sprung the kid on me she would be making alternate plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships